We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV181920
Resin. The way to go. Options

Virola78
#381 Posted : 11/25/2010 12:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At first i was all high about mescaline. And in no way am i dissapointed. I consider myself to be very lucky to finaly have met mescaline. (the desire to try mesc had started about the same age i got into mushrooms, about 17 years ago... and i had been daydreaming about mescaline on and off every since)

But i must add that i am also very pleased that one particular extraction didnt go as planned, and as a result i was left with some potent resin. Well, this resin is making my days very comfortale actually : ) Even very low doses (1 to few grams) is very nice (warm) in the background.

The resin is very nice stuff.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

olympus mon
#382 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

what's the nausea level like with a strong dose of resin?

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jbark
#383 Posted : 11/26/2010 8:23:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
what's the nausea level like with a strong dose of resin?

I have never experienced any nausea the 6 or so times I have tried resin (between 3 and 26 grams). I did, however, have a low grad nausea from P.Torch tea (made from 40 grams). I don't know why boiling it down and scraping it up seems to eliminate the nausea for me, but it certainly does.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Entheojen
#384 Posted : 11/28/2010 12:43:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I apologise for my laziness, but I couldn't be bothered trawling through 20 pages of this thread to see if this question had been answered. This first post mentions 5 caps is a good dosage. How many mg would be in a cap? Are they standard sizes?
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

endlessness
#385 Posted : 11/28/2010 1:05:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a 00 cap fits around a gram or so but its been a while since I did resin so dont remember exactly. In any case 5 caps will probably not be too much. For me, 5g is light dosage.. around 10g it starts getting more psychedelic, under 10g its more empathogenic with some extra perceptual enhancement.

Some people are specially sensitive so better start low the first times.

۩
#386 Posted : 11/28/2010 1:22:15 AM

Towards the end of my friends cactus days, a simple simmer evaporated would yield a crystalline extract, rather than a resin. and boy, you wouldn't want to eat 10g of that :]
Most people get gunkier stuff from excess heat and time as well as mashing, or using dried powder instead of fresh cuts.
Quick and simple performed until depletion is the way to minimalization and refinement.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...posts&t=8404&p=1

Entheojen
#387 Posted : 11/28/2010 2:05:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you know of a rough potency ratio of crystals to resin? To give a n00b an approximate idea?

i.e. a gram of crystals equates to 5 grams of resin for example?
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

۩
#388 Posted : 11/28/2010 2:07:34 AM

No, too many variables

DiMiTriX
#389 Posted : 11/28/2010 10:15:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its potency could vary tenfold
Tz'is aná

eel
#390 Posted : 7/24/2019 7:31:59 PM

infant in the infinite

Smile Just finished processes about 30 ft of some super special cactus, wild harvested from a san pedro forest (don't worry we replant much more that we take and are preserving and trying to bring back more natural san pedro forests in the area) Very excited to give this resin a go! Me and my partner are intending to micro-dose (real microdosing, not just mini dosing lol) with it for an extended period of time, have done micro-dosing with a variety of different plant medicines and looking forward to working with san pedro this way. Thank you for the post Smile
psychedelia inc.

astralspice
#391 Posted : 7/26/2019 2:12:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been quite a long time since he visited this place and then he came across this process...He's going to have a try at this one!

First things first, he had dug out a tote buried in a basement closet *blows dust off a large stash box that all of you guys would just love. has samples of almost every entheogen known,,a nice collection to say the least. *Pulls out 3 bags and one jar of assorted cacti samples that are likely 5 years old Embarrased

He weighed out roughly 130g of assorted dried, aged chips and tossed em into a ''instapot'' brand digital pressure cooker that already contained 1.5l of distilled water with a spoon of citrus acid PH~3.5 (is that too much?). It was left in the cooker for 1.5 hours then filtered the chips and tossed them right into the freezer where they will wait for a second brew tomorrow.

With all that being said, do you guys think that there is any hope that this will turn out?? Especially considering the age of these chips?
REALITY 5.0

soulfood
#392 Posted : 8/29/2019 12:47:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

astralspice wrote:

With all that being said, do you guys think that there is any hope that this will turn out?? Especially considering the age of these chips?

I'd say so. Mescaline is a pretty hardy compound.

twitchy
#393 Posted : 8/29/2019 8:16:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

astralspice wrote:
It's been quite a long time since he visited this place and then he came across this process...He's going to have a try at this one!

First things first, he had dug out a tote buried in a basement closet *blows dust off a large stash box that all of you guys would just love. has samples of almost every entheogen known,,a nice collection to say the least. *Pulls out 3 bags and one jar of assorted cacti samples that are likely 5 years old Embarrased

He weighed out roughly 130g of assorted dried, aged chips and tossed em into a ''instapot'' brand digital pressure cooker that already contained 1.5l of distilled water with a spoon of citrus acid PH~3.5 (is that too much?). It was left in the cooker for 1.5 hours then filtered the chips and tossed them right into the freezer where they will wait for a second brew tomorrow.

Should be good, I seem to recall reading that they've found really old dried peyote buttons from the 1800's to still be potent.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Chaska
#394 Posted : 9/6/2019 5:47:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

astralspice wrote:

considering the durability of the alkaloids present and the fact its only a couple years old not decades/centuries, id bet youll be grateful you bothered Smile
grow plants, make tea, love life

doubledog
#395 Posted : 9/24/2019 7:02:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wanted to share interesting photo of some form of crystallisation in my cactus resin.

When you clean the water-based resin by disolving it in ethanol and evaporate it, remaining sugars crystalize and you could see some very long "needles".

doubledog attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190914_192656.jpg (4,057kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

DansMaTete
#396 Posted : 9/24/2019 10:44:25 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

*Call the waiter*
- I'd like to have the same "crème brûlée"

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

«PREV181920