We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Run-of-the-mill BRF Jars B+ - New Grower Options

DeDao
#1 Posted : 8/22/2019 2:38:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I'll keep it short.
I'm new at growing, here is where my jars are at.
I still have quite a few that havnt colonized yet
and one that is just beginning that is too small for camera.
that counts 7 colonizing atm.
I'll update where I can

DeDao attached the following image(s):
20190821_212540.jpg (4,942kb) downloaded 243 time(s).
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IIYI
#2 Posted : 8/22/2019 8:03:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao wrote:
Hi, I'll keep it short.
I'm new at growing, here is where my jars are at.
I still have quite a few that havnt colonized yet
and one that is just beginning that is too small for camera.
that counts 7 colonizing atm.
I'll update where I can

The jars look very good. You don't have to be an expert in mushroom cultivation to grow mushrooms. They're meant to be fun experiments that anyone can do with a little knowledge and the right materials. At what temperature do you keep the jars? Good way to colonized is to store your cakes in a dark spot around a temperature of 21-27°C. When the cakes are fully colonized you can store the jars in room temperature (18-25°C) to get them pinning. You can also build a incubator from plastic box. I think that some of the jars very soon will start to show first small mustroom and to be ready for next step.

I am very pleased and it is beautiful how mycelium grows.
Everything looks very nice and you are doing great. I wish you success in the project.
The nexus motto is a great wish for mushroom cultivation Smile
Learn Share Expand
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

DeDao
#3 Posted : 8/22/2019 10:17:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much IIYI

I've been keeping them at about 26c.
They've shown great response since I put them in the Tub-in-Tub incubator.
2 of the smaller jars are basically 95-100% so I'll wait about a week
And probably put 2 in the fruiting chamber after dunk and roll.
The others can join them along the way.
Looks like a few mushrooms are headed my way, even if it's just a few Razz

Thanks again for the good vibes
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

FranLover
#4 Posted : 8/22/2019 11:55:16 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Those jars look very good !

You can use parts of one colonized cake, put them in the new jars. By the time you are at your 3rd flush with these you'll have new jars ready to birth. Keep it rolling and you will enjoy yourself very much.

If you want to experiment; a small plastic tray, coco coir which has been simmered in water with closed lid in pot 30min or 60min, and one cake. The flushes you get on coir are so unqiue and clean!

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

DeDao
#5 Posted : 8/23/2019 4:40:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:

Those jars look very good !

You can use parts of one colonized cake, put them in the new jars. By the time you are at your 3rd flush with these you'll have new jars ready to birth. Keep it rolling and you will enjoy yourself very much.

If you want to experiment; a small plastic tray, coco coir which has been simmered in water with closed lid in pot 30min or 60min, and one cake. The flushes you get on coir are so unqiue and clean!

Fran! thank you!! I think I will indeed try this with one of the cakes! This is such a neat hobby. I shouldn't started earlier!! Can't wait to see what awaits me!

Blessings from hyperspace.

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 8/23/2019 11:12:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this, I want to do this and it's encouraging to see a fellow Nexians grow. I've read some Shroomery lately but would much rather follow a grow on my home forum.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

DeDao
#7 Posted : 8/29/2019 2:30:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All 4 smaller jars were birthed this morning.

2 of the jars had pins so I'm hopeful the yield will be decent!

The bigger jar on the left is basically 100% ( that thing sprinted!!) after only 2 weeks!! I'm going to let it join the others in a week or so.

More jars behind the scenes coming up (the come up).

Mush love. More to come soon.

DeDao
#8 Posted : 8/30/2019 3:06:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fruiting chamber engaged.

Round 2 jars below
20190830_100047.jpg (4,152kb) downloaded 165 time(s).
20190830_103041.jpg (4,678kb) downloaded 160 time(s).

DeDao
#9 Posted : 9/1/2019 1:09:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Signs of life
20190831_134134.jpg (2,121kb) downloaded 147 time(s).

DeDao
#10 Posted : 9/1/2019 2:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

24 hours later
20190901_093602.jpg (3,109kb) downloaded 140 time(s).

sauSage
#11 Posted : 9/1/2019 8:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao wrote:
24 hours later

you'll be amazed at how quickly those little buggers grow. on a good hot day you can have these little tiny just starting to show up mushrooms in the morning, and then in the late afternoon they'll be significantly bigger. it's pretty amazing...

grow is looking good, congrats... Thumbs up
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

DeDao
#12 Posted : 9/1/2019 11:52:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much Paul.

DeDao
#13 Posted : 9/3/2019 3:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last night
20190902_202813.jpg (4,117kb) downloaded 117 time(s).

DeDao
#14 Posted : 9/4/2019 2:42:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This morn
20190904_092816.jpg (3,405kb) downloaded 106 time(s).

DeDao
#15 Posted : 9/5/2019 2:44:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OMG! First mushroom was ready to break the veil between worlds!!

And what better time than 2 and a half weeks till the Equinox.

I love you all. God is good.
20190905_092356 (1).jpg (4,167kb) downloaded 99 time(s).
20190905_092351.jpg (3,814kb) downloaded 97 time(s).

sauSage
#16 Posted : 9/5/2019 7:02:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

congrats
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

FranLover
#17 Posted : 9/6/2019 6:17:16 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Shroom party up in here!Very happy
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

breeze225
#18 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:31:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

HELL YEH MAN!!! I am kinda new to mushroom growing too...I did cakes like that a few times the size of your larger jars....I just switched to a bulk style grow and the improvement in yield just doesn't compare! now that you got the technique down for working with jars keeping things sterile and the temps humidity and FAE I would sugest next time let your jars colonize then break them up mix with a substrate and spawn like a bulk run! you will get so much...one of my current tubs used 3 jars the size of your larger ones mixed with some substrate and well I got 60 something DRY grams just from the first flush! Either way awesome job!

DeDao
#19 Posted : 9/8/2019 2:19:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

breeze225 wrote:
HELL YEH MAN!!! I am kinda new to mushroom growing too...I did cakes like that a few times the size of your larger jars....I just switched to a bulk style grow and the improvement in yield just doesn't compare! now that you got the technique down for working with jars keeping things sterile and the temps humidity and FAE I would sugest next time let your jars colonize then break them up mix with a substrate and spawn like a bulk run! you will get so much...one of my current tubs used 3 jars the size of your larger ones mixed with some substrate and well I got 60 something DRY grams just from the first flush! Either way awesome job!

WILL DO

DeDao
#20 Posted : 9/8/2019 2:20:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1st flush is coming!
20190907_210645.jpg (3,114kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
20190907_210700.jpg (3,140kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
20190907_210706 (2).jpg (3,378kb) downloaded 68 time(s).

12NEXT