We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
US National Forests Options

Muskogee Herbman
#21 Posted : 12/7/2016 12:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This one of my favorites, its about 2hrs from me, but man the water is amazing. Not a national park either... These are not photoshoped, its really this blue i swear. These are my photos

Muskogee Herbman attached the following image(s):
DSC_2758.JPG (5,766kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
DSC_2753.JPG (4,450kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Muskogee Herbman
#22 Posted : 12/7/2016 12:22:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is another one of my favorites to hike, its a beach preserve close by.
Muskogee Herbman attached the following image(s):
20160507_110444.jpg (5,887kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
20160507_112452.jpg (3,613kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
20160507_105458.jpg (6,518kb) downloaded 107 time(s).
20160507_112626dmt.jpg (4,350kb) downloaded 106 time(s).
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

#23 Posted : 12/7/2016 2:01:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Muskogee,

Das nice.

Das reaal nice. Drool Love

DancinDog
#24 Posted : 9/1/2019 3:52:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We just bought a van and are planning to use it for traveling the US parks. I'll post some pics here when we return. Thumbs up

IIYI
#25 Posted : 9/1/2019 5:24:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These places are amazing with Infinite Beauty. Thank you for sharing.

DancinDog wrote:
We just bought a van and are planning to use it for traveling the US parks. I'll post some pics here when we return. Thumbs up

Good luck and happy tripping Smile

We are expecting photos
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

breeze225
#26 Posted : 9/1/2019 8:28:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am all for the Adirondack's!! and man wow howe caverns haven't been there since I was a kid gota go back! NY got some great MTN'S upstate loved snowboarding in the winter...I used to be a snowboard instructor but have some issues with my knees and cant do it a lot any more Mad I love upstate NY but hey i lived in ny state my whole life.

Leithen
#27 Posted : 9/4/2019 6:16:04 AM

Be Here Now

LOVING all the photos! Love

I have been out in Western US and man is it BEAUTIFUL. From snow capped mountain to sandstone arches it seems like they have it all. Miss life on the road but this is a great alternative. I'll post some photos when I get a chance to get on a real computer.

Keep sharing!
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

twitchy
#28 Posted : 9/4/2019 6:44:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you didn't already know, you might want to bear in mind that alot of these parks and preserves will have an entirely different set of rules and laws than other places. A campfire or an open container of alcohol, firearms or uh... recreational substances that wouldn't be a big deal in other places could easily land you an extended vacation in federal custody without parole. They can vary widely from location to location so familiarize yourself with these to avoid any unintentional problems. I had a friend of mine that paid dearly for a simple pipe, literally one more mile down the road, it would have been a ticket at the worst. There was a guy that got busted with a bag of moss coming out of Joyce Kilmer forest that ended up getting 40 years fed time for example, so be respectful and familiarize yourself with the rules. These places belong to the people, for the most part, so enjoy them but do so wisely!
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Leithen
#29 Posted : 9/5/2019 1:00:00 AM

Be Here Now

Joyce Kilmer forest is awesome! I spent quite a lot of time down around Nantahala a couple of years ago. I really love that place. And I think anyone who goes there for more than 5 minutes will quickly realize the locals probably don't enjoy any sort of substances. I mean, it's even a dry county. Anyways, the point of this thread is genuinely to inspire people to get out more and see cool places, not cool places to do drugs in. But what's the difference I suppose?
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”

twitchy
#30 Posted : 9/5/2019 2:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen wrote:
Joyce Kilmer forest is awesome! I spent quite a lot of time down around Nantahala a couple of years ago. I really love that place. And I think anyone who goes there for more than 5 minutes will quickly realize the locals probably don't enjoy any sort of substances. I mean, it's even a dry county. Anyways, the point of this thread is genuinely to inspire people to get out more and see cool places, not cool places to do drugs in. But what's the difference I suppose?

My great-grandfather was a full blooded cherokee that owned 700 acres of that land, and they took it from him during the New Deal program with no compensation whatsoever. It's a sad story, but it's an incredible place... the last stand of virgin timber east of the Mississippi. It's amazing to think that all of the Appalachian forests looked like that at one point or another.
I didn't mean to imply just drugs, but campfires and fishing regulations, restricted areas, places where swimming is prohibited etc., it's a good idea to know the rules as they can vary widely from park to park.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Leithen
#31 Posted : 9/6/2019 1:35:59 AM

Be Here Now

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply just drugs, but campfires and fishing regulations, restricted areas, places where swimming is prohibited etc., it's a good idea to know the rules as they can vary widely from park to park.

That definitely makes sense.

Crazy to go through Nantahala and see some of the Trail of Tears and imagine what is was like back before we ruined it all. It is all truly sad but as you said, still an incredible place. Also, isn't Moonshiners filmed right around there? I was camping right out side Robinsville, NC and they claimed one of the guys lived in the town.

twitchy
#32 Posted : 9/24/2019 8:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen wrote:
Quote:

That definitely makes sense.

Crazy to go through Nantahala and see some of the Trail of Tears and imagine what is was like back before we ruined it all. It is all truly sad but as you said, still an incredible place. Also, isn't Moonshiners filmed right around there? I was camping right out side Robinsville, NC and they claimed one of the guys lived in the town.

I'm extremely limited in my knowledge of television but apparently some of it is locally filmed. A friend of mine is a nephew of the infamous Popcorn Sutton, and god knows moonshine is/was a huge business in these parts. It's not as prevalent as it used to be, but there's still a few of the old timers around. When you ran across a batch of their shine, you'd know it because there wouldn't be a drop of water in it, pure rocket fuel LOL.

PREV12