We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some questions about harmala extract. Options

StarButterfly
#1 Posted : 9/4/2019 6:27:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my country have forbidden harmala, it in the same list, as cocaine. Crying or very sad Crying or very sad Crying or very sad Fascists.
There is a kg of seeds.
1)How many they are stored at room temperature, keeping effect? Internet says 2 years.
2)It makes sense to make extract from all quantity? How many is stored at room temperature?
3)And main question about the guide, what vinegar to use with water 1/3: 3 %, 6 %, 9 %, 70 %? Organic or synthetic, what type?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 9/4/2019 3:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep for what? germination would be different than for harmala degredation. If you are worried you can use vacuum sealer. You can use white vinegar which is usually sold in supermarkets as around 5%. If in doubt follow the teks on this site. I have never heard of harmala losing potency over time, especially not if its in its salt form which standardly is a lot more stable.

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 9/4/2019 8:36:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

1) I'm not sure but I guess at least 1 year should be fine

2) They should last as long when you extract them or maybe even longer, when stored correctly. You can store them with a dessicant (removes water and keeps dry in the future) and in a closed zip bag with very less air

3) The main reason of the Vinegar is to keep the pH Value at ~ 3. Therefore it does not really matter what KIND of vinegar you use. Just use as many as you would need to get to pH ~ 3. anything from 2-4 should work fine. And the type: Even the regular acetic acid bought from local food shops should be fine. At least in my Country you can trust that it is just Acetic Acid in water. But if it is super market quality or laboratory quality will not matter then.

StarButterfly
#4 Posted : 9/5/2019 12:38:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for help, guys.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ion_and_Separation_Guide
I understand correctly that in the tenth step we use sediment from the filter, and throw out the liquid?

Elrik
#5 Posted : 9/6/2019 5:10:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before storing the seed for long times, be sure they are fully dry. Spread them on plates and leave some place to dry for a week if needed. I once bought a bag of harmala seed that were still moist.
If the seeds are properly dried and stored in the dark they should retain potency for many years. They will even still be viable for growing after 10 years.
Pure extracted harmala hydrochlorides will last indefinitely. I'm slowly stockpiling enough to last me the rest of my life.

If harmala is illegal in your country and you have seeds, you could grow them. The customs agents that search mail may know it by name but how many police would know it by sight? Probably few or none.
I've heard of them growing in regions as cold as plant hardiness zone 6b. They wont produce a usable amount of seeds until year 3, but after that they produce for many years.

StarButterfly
#6 Posted : 9/9/2019 4:37:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn, extraction it is more difficult, than it seems. Already the third, tried with caapi and other instruction with harmala. Both are ruined.

Step ten. Has taken tea of half-day in the refrigerator, few gramme has settled. The filtration occupies days. How to adapt franch press? It will simply crush a cone-cofee filter with tea. Show a photo or the scheme.

Thanks for the important information, Elrik. It is dangerous, doubtful parcels can send for examination, and there already should know. Yes, I planned to plant anyway.

Brennendes Wasser
#7 Posted : 9/9/2019 6:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So you are staggering with Harmala extraction from Syrian Rue right?

I would recommend the following: Dont do the Manske step when you salt the solution to drop the Vinegar Salt. Do it like this:

Cook the WHOLE SEEDS (the goodies are in the outer shell, grinding the seeds is totally pointless and ruins everything, you can get the same huge yields by not grinding) and then boil them for 2 h in pH ~ 3. Then filter the water (it is easy to filter as you have whole seeds) and then do it again. Then just throw everything in a big bottle and adjust pH to more than 13. Big cloudy precipitates will form.

The basic Harmalas e.g. the Freebase will be more light-brown. The H+ salt form has a more yellow to darker brown. So when you precipitate the basic form at pH 10+ you will get voluminous precipitates that QUICKLY settle. You only need to wait like 10 minutes for any volume to make it settle down. Then you can easily decant the water as much as possible.

Then refill the whole pot with water and wait again 10 minutes. Do this whole process over and over. This is not the real workup like dropping it in its H+ Form with NaCl. But the H+ form takes yeeeears to precipitate and to form a layer on the bottom and even then you really cannot easily decant it.

The basic form is so much easier for this.

Now people will say the end product will not be as pure. But the alkaloids that MAAY be left in your basic Harmalas aren't harming (hehe) either, they were just reported to potentially cause prenatal uterine contraction for pregnant women in extreme cases and not having any bad incluence for the regular usage that you may do.

I would definetly just go with the easier route.

PS: This line on the wiki has to be removed I strongly advice!

Quote:
Step one

Grind rue seeds in blender or grinder (for the making of this guide 200 grams were used, but adjust to your desired quantity). If you freeze the seeds beforehand, they will be easier to grind.

The extraction will be just as good as if you would grind the seeds. But it makes filtering done in like 30 seconds. Just throw your soup + seeds on a sieve and after a few seconds you have a 100 % separation between seeds and extract. If people are concerned they may get only 90 % yield with this instead of 100 %, then just add a few grams more of Harmala Seeds ... easy as this!

StarButterfly
#8 Posted : 9/11/2019 3:44:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This extraction failed too Sad
I will tell, why I am doing this. I couple of years drank caapi brew, then couple of years simply ate the grinded seeds and felt well. But starts strong allergy. Red skin on a foot and Anaphylaxis. ~20 Minutes it is difficult to breathe. I had to drink tea, I am so dumb.
The allergy begins on protein in seeds. I tried to cook tea of 6 hours not grind, but for some reason is no effect. MAOI has collapsed? Why with caapi it is necessary to cook 6 hours?
I want to eat rests DMT, and make a break for a year, Go in for sports to improve metabolism.

Mayby I can boil seed 2-3 hours, and then filter through coffee filters? It is important that the protein is denatured.
It all upsets me.

And help to understand what I was mistaken.
It seems to me 2 hours in my oven at 240 degrees too little to make a sodium carbonate from baking soda.
Further, cooked on half an hour 4ั…, but brew turns out untidily brown, instead of red, as in guide.
In step 12, during long filtering, the precipitate from step 10 again falls out.
Salts in a step 13 has dropped out very little.