We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia officinalis Options

Grey Fox
#1 Posted : 9/2/2019 4:15:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've smoked it before and made tea. Its a good plant. The effects are very mild. The tea is delicious with some honey. I also use it for cooking. It goes really well with pork and fatty cuts of meat. Its a nice looking plant and the blooms are lovely. Everyone with a garden should grow some.

But as a psychoactive it is very weak for me. The strongest effects I get are from taking a big hit of the smoke and holding it in for a few seconds before exhaling. It gives the momentary feeling of a headrush. The tea has a very soothing, relaxing feel to it but never made me feel "high" in anyway.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/2/2019 8:36:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I have encountered hypnopompic effects in a combination involving Salvia officinalis, as described here. It may be tunable, as well as likely being dependent on chemotype.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Grey Fox
#3 Posted : 9/2/2019 10:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Downward how would you describe the nature of those hypnopompic effects? Were they visuals?

My experiences were a few years back, but I remember that after taking a big hit of sage smoke and holding it in for awhile I would start to get a feeling similar to when you stand up really fast and you feel lightheaded and dizzy. My visual field would also start to get white and fuzzy. This would just last for a short time though, maybe 10 seconds or so. It was just at the brief peak of effects from holding in the hit of smoke.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 9/3/2019 1:22:46 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes there were visuals lasting for what I can only recollect as an estimation a duration of half an hour. There was a distinct quality to them unlike normal sleep induction visions minus the plant additives. There were scenes and scenery, things happening, people. Nothing too fantastical, it had an everyday kind of feel to it. I remember it appearing to be composed of almost Van Gogh-like brush strokes, in red, pink, yellow and white, with some black flecks, quite light-filled overall. [I should try producing some kind of representation of this imagery - that would probably be helpful as the original observation occurred some seven years ago now.]

After allowing the visions to manifest and develop unperturbed for as long as possible, at some point I slipped into a deep sleep. This is where having better (or, indeed, any) note-taking skills on waking would have come in useful.

Your described effects from the sage smoke sound a bit like oxygen deprivation - however, I've also had some pretty strange effects from drinking strong wormwood tea that felt similar in some respects to having concussion. A couple of common links here are thujone and, possibly, diterpenoids [a bit broad this latter one, I know].

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Grey Fox
#5 Posted : 9/3/2019 4:58:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it does sound like oxygen deprivation but this was something different. It came on faster and stronger. Almost like a whip-it but milder.

Its been a few years since I experimented with sage. At the time I was using sage as a substutute for cannabis. But I found it was weak and underwhelming. I never experienced anything like what you describe from the mixture you made. I always assumed that the headrush from holding in a big hit was caused by thujone, but who knows?
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

B1ack_Ph03niX
#6 Posted : 9/12/2019 10:21:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

poisonous cat turd wrote:
I picked one up spring time this year and on a whim experimented with quids of fresh leaf, making a tea and using it as bong water, mixing with tobacco and with tobacco and weed and with just weed. I may even have attempted a basic alcohol or acetone extraction. There’s also the possibility I combined it esphand or yage. Point being, one of these methods produced inexplicably visionary effects. But I am in the bad habit of forgetting precise details to experiments I only accidentally get right once.

Anyone else hear this lady speak? The memory has gone the way of the dream: the more I try to remember the farther from recollection it travels. Some words come to mind like awe and splendor and the giddy smile of a soul filled with the Holy Spirit for the first time, which you get again every time you go. Going home to some place you’ve never been.

wait! salvia officinalis is hallucinogenic?
i heard only Salvia Divinorum has powerful psychedelic effects.
“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.”

PsyloCiBeen
#7 Posted : 9/18/2019 11:22:01 PM

In Silence I Been

I once experimented with salvia officialnis. They are so common and grow everywhere and look so similar to salvia divinorum. I was so excited because I presumed I knew about this plant under the noses of everyone at the plant nursery. haha, I was mistaken. But they produced similar purple flowers and the characteristic squarish stems so I thought I made a major find.

So I grew her, dried the leaves and smoked it in my changa pipe and in rolling papers with weed. I felt slight headrush but no psychoactive properties. I chewed the leaves as a quid, got very meditative, I guess it was a placebo effect. Mixing it with Mary jane provided a slight buzz but I am sure that was due to the canniboids.

Once good thing about growing and tending this plant though is that it was good preparation for when I now have got the real lady in my hands. I know what to do now should I have spider mites and what type of climate and soil she likes. So all is not lost..

happy trails every1
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas