We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Terence McKenna on Alchemy and Hermeticism Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 8/27/2019 6:51:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought some of you guys would enjoy this, it's a little off the beaten path for Terrence's usual discussions but it's interesting.
Thumbs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzjrl24aHiQ
Terence McKenna ~ Alchemy & The Hermetic Corpus ~ May 1991 ~ Workshop
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 8/27/2019 6:07:58 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I really like that talk. Mckenna is so cool.

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

soul-explorer
#3 Posted : 8/27/2019 9:24:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank You

twitchy
#4 Posted : 8/31/2019 7:04:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I studied this stuff for a long time, and I always feel like I'm missing something... something important.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

the_Architect
#5 Posted : 9/2/2019 9:13:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah... one of my favourites. I like when he talks about mercury.
This tape is one of the reasons I went deeper into gnosticism.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

donfoolio
#6 Posted : 3/29/2020 7:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was a transcription of this material right here:

https://medium.com/@Ayahuasca_yage/lectures-on-alchemy-with-terence-mckenna-e7a81430aae7

It primary is based on Frances Yates books "Giordano Bruno and the hermetic tradition" and "The rosicrucian enlightment" - but they are right, the thoughts of McKenna on alchemical influences in modern times.

I am interested in comparing alll of this with actual new age methods - I think we are still in the same dilemma since Renaissance-times. Nobody is listening to each others, nor the scientists or the esoterists Very happy
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

Zsuzsi
#7 Posted : 8/13/2020 4:47:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As someone that dislike video content, thanks a lot for the transcript, donfoolio. The same medium account also has other interesting articles, too.

seagull
#8 Posted : 9/18/2020 10:33:55 PM

Hello world!

twitchy wrote:
I studied this stuff for a long time, and I always feel like I'm missing something... something important.

Yeah the practice Razz Its philosophy and should be discussed
You&Iverse

donfoolio
#9 Posted : 11/8/2020 7:40:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only recently became aware of how deeply involved the classical hermetic tradition
is to modern science (the Royal Society was founded on a rosicrucian background) and
psychedelic research in particular.
The impulses given by a John Dee, Giordano Bruno, Robert Fludd or Michael Maier leaded
directly to the first masonic and rosicrucian lodges, to be modernized by Aleister Crowley,
Jack Parsons and others, who were in the forefront of psychedelic experimentation and
were the uppermost inspirations for Timothy Leary, Robert Anton Wilson and others.

There is even some (conspiracy) theory that says, referring on some statements apparently
made by Al Hubbard and Willis Harman that the invention of LSD follows direclty a lineage
who goes back to Eleusis by Nietzsche, Steiner, Goethe, the whole band of Basel through
medieval magicians and alchemists.

Even, if this speculations is, lets say, a little bit freaked out, I like the idea
of an old order of spiritual psychedelism to safe the world.
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!