We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Response to magickvemon from closed thread Options

burnt
#1 Posted : 12/14/2009 8:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

You wrote this in coatls thread that was shut down which should be shut down but anyway:

Quote:
It is really nice to know you have friends thru thick and thin who will come to help you at any time with out hesitation. I really miss those old days. I still have my old friends but now we are all spread out across the country, we all abandoned our many years of growing up together and our many years of comradely for our "better Jobs and other opportunities".

Most of the time I do not feel better off because of this and I am under the impression none of us are really better off pursuing the all mighty dollar to be a key to our happiness. I miss my old local faimly and the real lives we once shared those were the good old days when life was real, when all I or they had to do was call and we could DAMN well KNOW the infantry was on its way come hell or high water.

Damn man I am not even thirty and I already feel like that hahaha!

But if you like what you are doing even if it takes you from those you love it should offer consolation. I have many friends who stayed at home and they are bored as fuck half the time. I have many friends who I don't see much but still keep in touch with but at least I know they are living life too. When you meet its that much cooler and more important. If you plan things right and execute them right there are always possibilities.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/14/2009 8:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

When I first discovered mushrooms I had a close group of a few friends to trip with..we were all facinated with psilocybin..one of them is an amazing guitar player..like seriousily fucking amazing..he had all kinds of pedals and everything and we'd set everything up and eat large doses always over 3 grams and make incredible music.

We had ideals about the future and for a while we were like a group mind..we would sit in circles and smoke joints and watch over each other while exploring salvia and make art about out trips...driving around BC camping at various beaches finding new skim and surf spots..

I miss those days..but they all went on to do other things and stopped tripping and started doing coke and drinking alotCrying or very sad..lots of mdma but not the same.

The only one of my old friends who I am still close with is my best friend..and we always make sure to have a few good trips every year so i am thankful for that.

A few summers ago me and him took off to vancouver island with our surfboards and tents and some money, lots of weed and mushrooms and lived in those tents in tofino all summer surfing every day and tripping alot at night..discovered LSD there..man I will never forget that summer.
Long live the unwoke.

ambi-lysergance
#3 Posted : 12/14/2009 9:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

A few summers ago me and him took off to vancouver island with our surfboards and tents and some money, lots of weed and mushrooms and lived in those tents in tofino all summer surfing every day and tripping alot at night..discovered LSD there..man I will never forget that summer.

wow!....sounds like an epic summer!
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

MagikVenom
#4 Posted : 12/23/2009 5:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
You wrote this in coatls thread that was shut down which should be shut down but anyway:

Quote:
It is really nice to know you have friends thru thick and thin who will come to help you at any time with out hesitation. I really miss those old days. I still have my old friends but now we are all spread out across the country, we all abandoned our many years of growing up together and our many years of comradely for our "better Jobs and other opportunities".

Most of the time I do not feel better off because of this and I am under the impression none of us are really better off pursuing the all mighty dollar to be a key to our happiness. I miss my old local faimly and the real lives we once shared those were the good old days when life was real, when all I or they had to do was call and we could DAMN well KNOW the infantry was on its way come hell or high water.

Damn man I am not even thirty and I already feel like that hahaha!

But if you like what you are doing even if it takes you from those you love it should offer consolation. I have many friends who stayed at home and they are bored as fuck half the time. I have many friends who I don't see much but still keep in touch with but at least I know they are living life too. When you meet its that much cooler and more important. If you plan things right and execute them right there are always possibilities.

I just found this thread.

Anyway Yes Burnt you may be ahead of your time BrotherSmile Yes I agree I would not have wanted to stay in my home town for life, I would have missed many things many good things and learning experiences. I always intended to see more than my limited early perspective in fact after high school I flipped a coin, on side was California the other Florida. Florida it was I packed my clothes and a few other items I could fit inside my two seater turbo sports car and hit the road to Florida with no plan or prospects other than to see and do something new. I was able to find a job at a Aerospace firm working as a Research & Development engineering technician building prototypes for the forward looking in far red imaging system or FLIR project for the military this devices allows one to see past the horizon and was a major advancement in technology back in the mid eighties.

So I like you have no regrets as I would never have been able to find a job like that back home but there is most definitely a trade off involved.

Back in the old days you could find a job in your home town and if you worked there long enough you would be a excellent provider for your family and a upper middle class citizen. Its a bit of a shame those days are over and have been for some time, our time is one of Urban Sprawl without home towns at least that is how it is here in the US. But yes its all good even if it does not always seem so. Ha!

Peace
MV

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 12/23/2009 6:12:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I lived at home until I was 20... never lived away from home before that...

Then I packed up literally everything I had into my tiny car, and drove 500 miles north across the Canadian border to live. It was the best thing I EVER did for myself.

It was rough in the beginning... but when I look back at pictures of myself, I just think, wow!

I would probably be a self-righteous alcoholic living alone with lots of cats and eating way too much fried Chinese food. Razz

I am so much healthier now, mentally, physically, spiritually... there definitely weren't the opportunities for growth in my home town that I desperately needed as a person.

I do have a few friends that I see from time to time, and we always pick up where we left off. Interestingly, all of them left our home town, too. It was 15 minutes away from another town nicknamed, "The Armpit of the Earth."
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 12/23/2009 7:06:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

from "Thus Spoke Zarathustra," by Friedrich Nietzsche:

Quote:
O my brothers, I dedicate and direct you to a new nobility: you shall become procreators and cultivators and sowers of the future—verily, not to a nobility that you might buy like shopkeepers and with shopkeepers’ gold: for whatever has its price has little value. Not whence you came shall henceforth constitute your honor, but whither you are going! Your will and your foot which has a will to go over and beyond yourselves—that shall constitute your new honor.

Quote:
O my brothers, your nobility should not look backward but ahead! Exiles shall you be from all father- and forefather-lands! Your children’s land shall you love: this love shall be your new nobility—the undiscovered land in the most distant sea. For that I bid your sails search and search. In your children you shall make up for being the children of your fathers: thus shall you redeem all that is past.

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 12/23/2009 7:26:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I must read that book.

My best friend from my teens lives the other side of the country, but we still see each other every month or so, and go on adventures sometimes. The city in which I live is half full of foreigners so some good friends have moved back home. The more interesting places you go, the more interesting people you meet. Yes, sometimes a life away from your hometown can have lonely moments, and sometimes I think it's sad how good friends of mine live in different countries now, but I would never swap it to have stayed... I have little in common with my childhood friends from the village school anymore, and I don't think many stayed anyway. I accept that I do not fit in in the normal world, and now I'm glad of it.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.