We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll of best lye:water:bark ratio Options

Astralking
#1 Posted : 10/26/2009 7:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend of a friend would love to know what EVERYONES opinion is on the best ratio. ie examples of there ratios and the sort of hauls they've got from certain amounts of bark. I want to make sure i get everything as right as i can in my first extraction Smile and should go with the majority.

he read a tek that seems like it gave an incredible yield and i was thinking of using this with a freeze prep tek. in which he uses 1:15:2, which i've rarely seen, so i was just checking to get everyones opinions and make a record of them all and go with the highest vote!

I thought this would be a good idea for all people to use. Sorry if people think this is too similar to alot of threads.
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

psychosisdoses
#2 Posted : 12/23/2009 4:21:56 PM

Derek

hey there
my current evolution of tek has landed me on the blab
i use 454g bark in a 3780ml jug
the way i do it is
add 1L vinegar to jug then add powdered bark
let soak 3 days
mix 250g Naoh in 500ml cool water completely and let cool
add 500ml lye solution to jug mix and add another 500ml cool water
mix
add 200ml limonene
then top off with water and mix mix mix and do my pulls
from here you have a couple options
i salt the limonene out with FASI now but i used to use FASW
either will work
at this point you can just eat that as is or freebase with sodium carbonte drytek style and pull with acetone filter and evap for the best fullrange freebase iv ever smoked
any questions ill do my best Smile

ooooh and per your question my ratio would be er 1g : 7.8ml : .55g (bark/water/lye) works like a charm Smile
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

soulfood
#3 Posted : 12/23/2009 7:06:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm starting to believe that there is no perfect ratio.

I swear different bark requires different measures. Its a bit less noticable if doing an A/B but in an STB I think it's very noticable that all bark is different as there have been time's when the bark:NaOH ratio have been rediculous. I always leave stuff reacting for 3 days before I extract but even after all that sometimes I have to add as much as 25% extra NaOH to get things to sit right.

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 12/23/2009 7:12:34 PM

Derek

soulfood wrote:
I'm starting to believe that there is no perfect ratio.

I swear different bark requires different measures. Its a bit less noticable if doing an A/B but in an STB I think it's very noticable that all bark is different as there have been time's when the bark:NaOH ratio have been rediculous. I always leave stuff reacting for 3 days before I extract but even after all that sometimes I have to add as much as 25% extra NaOH to get things to sit right.

give the method i outlined a try
i always do it that way and its ALWAYS flawless
i use fine powdered bark from HP
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses