We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
passionflower and bundleflower Options

BundleflowerPower
#21 Posted : 8/29/2019 9:55:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:
twitchy wrote:
I think Bundleflower is going to be the future for temperate zone psychonautica. In my limited experience with it, seems very potent and extremely hardy. I've hit these guys with a weedeater only to come back in a couple weeks and see them coming back with a vengeance. They survive subzero winters, seed heavily, grow fast... I have no idea why they don't get more attention, maybe it's better this way Thumbs up

I think there’s more of them than just bundleflower. Maybe some temperate trees create dmt within them selves, like pine for example, and hickory , or oak. And there’s probably more than those whether or not those are like that. And that’s just trees.

I seem to recall having seen a reference to Acer saccharinum (or something very similar) having been found to contain DMT although I've been unable to locate it at present. Parallel universe/Shulgin apocrypha??

You may be right, found this one with google...

https://www.semanticscho...ids-of-Acer-saccharinum-(the-Silver-Pachter-Zacharias/e1894e8538fe5d8b501795da129237f063456d23
Indole Alkaloids of Acer saccharinum (the Silver Maple), Dictyoloma incanescens, Piptadenia colubrina, and Mimosa hostilis

Irwin J. Pachter, David E. Zacharias, Oscar Ribeiro •
Published 1959 •
DOI: 10.1021/jo01091a032

A maple grows in my back yard. When I make fires and burn it fresh, it seems to have something noxious in it, for what it’s worth. White oak (I think, yet I’m not totally certain it’s a white oak), smells like dmt in a fire and isn’t noxious.

Pine interests me a lot right now btw. Whatever kind of pine grows in southern Mississippi and the Northshore of Lake Pontchatrain in Louisiana, I think it’s maybe Loblolly Pine. It’s the tree the universe seems to be guiding me towards most right now. And Water Tupelo, it’s energy feels and looks like Chacruna to me. I think it has light in it like that.

I’m sure trees all over the world have much wisdom, and maybe they’re all medicinal. Reminds me of the tree medicine shamans in the Amazon.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

twitchy
#22 Posted : 8/29/2019 10:13:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
twitchy wrote:
[...]

https://www.semanticscho...ids-of-Acer-saccharinum-(the-Silver-Pachter-Zacharias/e1894e8538fe5d8b501795da129237f063456d23
Indole Alkaloids of Acer saccharinum (the Silver Maple), Dictyoloma incanescens, Piptadenia colubrina, and Mimosa hostilis

Published 1959 •

But, alas:
Pachter et al, 1959 wrote:
When we learned, through qualitative
tests, that alkaloids occur in the leaves of the silver
maple tree, Acer saccharinum L. it was of consider-
able interest to us to learn their nature.
Extraction of 3.75 kg. of dried, ground maple
leaves with ethanol and concentration of the
alkaloid gave a mass of large crystals in 0.05%
yield. The ultraviolet spectrum of the material
was almost identical with those of 3-substituted
indoles such as gramine and tryptamine. Upon
recrystallization from benzene, the alkaloid melted
at 131-132° and was found to be identical with a
synthetic specimen of the alkaloid gramine (I).

I guess that if gramine is present in saccharinum, then it's possible that other species in the genus could produce other tryptamines.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

BundleflowerPower
#23 Posted : 8/30/2019 12:07:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
twitchy wrote:
[...]

Published 1959 •

But, alas:
Pachter et al, 1959 wrote:
When we learned, through qualitative
tests, that alkaloids occur in the leaves of the silver
maple tree, Acer saccharinum L. it was of consider-
able interest to us to learn their nature.
Extraction of 3.75 kg. of dried, ground maple
leaves with ethanol and concentration of the
alkaloid gave a mass of large crystals in 0.05%
yield. The ultraviolet spectrum of the material
was almost identical with those of 3-substituted
indoles such as gramine and tryptamine. Upon
recrystallization from benzene, the alkaloid melted
at 131-132° and was found to be identical with a
synthetic specimen of the alkaloid gramine (I).

I guess that if gramine is present in saccharinum, then it's possible that other species in the genus could produce other tryptamines.

I see no reason why they wouldn’t, and even less why they couldn’t lol. Actually I’ve been thinking lately, and even having some spiritual experiences about it, that maybe there’s undiscovered powerful psychedelic medicines/ compounds (just to acknowledge the possible medicinal and recreational use of them) in plants in general. And there may be undiscovered phynethylamines as well as tryptamines out there. I would almost bet my soul on it.

twitchy
#24 Posted : 9/2/2019 1:15:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if it's accurate, but I ran across something the other day that said the red coloration of maples is caused by the gramine content in the leaves. I wonder if we can use the same concept to tentatively identify deciduous suspects, would other tryptamines cause colorations or would they all be red?
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 9/2/2019 7:31:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I’m sure trees all over the world have much wisdom, and maybe they’re all medicinal. Reminds me of the tree medicine shamans in the Amazon.

Well, that's exactly it. The power of plants need not be confined to a tiny corner of all molecular possibilities. We have evolved alongside these living entities, and trees in particular - outliving the typical modern human many times over - will have important lessons for us. It is curious for me at least how (nonetheless) DMT helps in the remembering of plant 'language'.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

twitchy
#26 Posted : 9/4/2019 7:40:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=BundleflowerPower
I see no reason why they wouldn’t, and even less why they couldn’t lol. Actually I’ve been thinking lately, and even having some spiritual experiences about it, that maybe there’s undiscovered powerful psychedelic medicines/ compounds (just to acknowledge the possible medicinal and recreational use of them) in plants in general. And there may be undiscovered phynethylamines as well as tryptamines out there. I would almost bet my soul on it.
[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet that mycorrhizal fungi may also yet yield some interesting compounds, that is where the majority of the 'biochemical engineering' takes place. If I could go back and start over, I think I would have gotten into mycology, as I firmly believe that alot of the unsolved mysteries of life here are going to be answered there. It's fungi that rule the earth, IMO. It's the top and the bottom of the food chain, responsible for supporting the vast majority of flora, it's one of just a handful of organisms that can change DNA, and the most suited for transpermia theory... and the least understood. It's also apparently responsible for vast and literal communication networks in forests that we've only just discovered, and I would imagine this arrives as no surprise to those who have taken psilocybes in larger doses. Thumbs up

BundleflowerPower
#27 Posted : 9/6/2019 2:58:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that mycorrhizal fungi may also yet yield some interesting compounds, that is where the majority of the 'biochemical engineering' takes place. If I could go back and start over, I think I would have gotten into mycology, as I firmly believe that alot of the unsolved mysteries of life here are going to be answered there. It's fungi that rule the earth, IMO. It's the top and the bottom of the food chain, responsible for supporting the vast majority of flora, it's one of just a handful of organisms that can change DNA, and the most suited for transpermia theory... and the least understood. It's also apparently responsible for vast and literal communication networks in forests that we've only just discovered, and I would imagine this arrives as no surprise to those who have taken psilocybes in larger doses. Thumbs up

I love what you shared. And lichens as well I fell.

BundleflowerPower
#28 Posted : 9/6/2019 3:00:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:

Well, that's exactly it. The power of plants need not be confined to a tiny corner of all molecular possibilities. We have evolved alongside these living entities, and trees in particular - outliving the typical modern human many times over - will have important lessons for us. It is curious for me at least how (nonetheless) DMT helps in the remembering of plant 'language'.

I feel you’re correct. Why would plants be limited to human categories. Thank you. You have my mind going now.

PREV12