We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5 meo DMT vs Bufo Alvarius ?! Options

Almani
#1 Posted : 8/26/2019 7:08:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hello everybody,

i have been having trouble finding out the difference between the two? or is there even one? Bufo Alvarius is from the Toads glands, dried, and then vaporized. i read that once smoked it is turned into 5meo DMT in our system.

now i know there is also the synthetic crystal white 5meo DMT which can be vaporized and when as pure as possible has amazing effects. are these both the same at the end of the day? or is there a significant difference when smoked form the toad directly and smoking the white crystal DMT 5meo when bought elsewhere?

thank you all for your time and input

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

breeze225
#2 Posted : 8/26/2019 9:29:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cant say personally (I am sure someone will chime in soon) but from what I have heard and read they are pritty much the same

twitchy
#3 Posted : 8/26/2019 9:44:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Almani wrote:
hello everybody,

i have been having trouble finding out the difference between the two? or is there even one? Bufo Alvarius is from the Toads glands, dried, and then vaporized. i read that once smoked it is turned into 5meo DMT in our system.

now i know there is also the synthetic crystal white 5meo DMT which can be vaporized and when as pure as possible has amazing effects. are these both the same at the end of the day? or is there a significant difference when smoked form the toad directly and smoking the white crystal DMT 5meo when bought elsewhere?

thank you all for your time and input

Bufo alvarius is the scientific name of a toad that secretes toxins or venom from it's glands, that venom contains 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/26/2019 10:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a misconception that I heard from Octavio Rettig, a controversial toad venom enthusiast, that bufotenine transforms into 5-MeO-DMT in the body. It doesn't.

It's actually the inverse, when 5-MeO-DMT is consumed orally together with MAOI some bufotenine is produced through O-demethylation by the cytochrome P450 2D6 enzyme (source). This could be one of the reasons why there have been issues reported with oral consumption of 5-MeO-DMT with MAOIs, even a couple of fatal cases (source 1,2). Some people report no problems (for example Ott's pharmepena article). Vaporized should not be the same concern since without the MAOI it will be deaminated to 5-MIAA and excreted instead of transformed to bufotenine.

Bufotenine also has been tested orally with unpleasant effects according to some anecdotes but some people also take without side effects (check Pharmañopo by Ott )

Also, the Bufo alvarius venom contains mostly 5-MeO-DMT. I tested some from Octavio and it was only 5-MeO-DMT, no bufotenine detected. One paper (Erspamer et al. 1965) says 50-150 mg/g of 5-MeO-DMT in glands vs only 0.8-5 mg/g of bufotenine.

The toad venom will contain "fillers" too, or more accurately said, non-psychoactive natural substances that will just add weight to the whole thing, so a dosage of toad venom is probably weaker by weight than pure 5-MeO-DMT.

abrelosojos
#5 Posted : 8/27/2019 7:29:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, You can find some documents online that document that per each gram of died secretion, the 5-Meo-DMT concentration goes between 200 up to 350 mg other triptamines are present but at really low %s.

Rettig, has hurted a lot the 5-Meo-DMT community with his actions. Endelessness is right citing the misconception that at high temreratures bufotenin transforms in 5-meo. Plain wrong science.

I´ve only had 5-Meo-DMT from toad secretions. But i do my math with the threesholds established for pure 5-Meo considering Toad only has 30% purity. I´ve had no issues in my personal experience.

But certainly i see the issue, and just a small variance can yield considerably different experiences, I´ve had dosages of bufo as high as 90-100 mg. That can be 18 mg on the lower end or 30 mg of 5-Meo DMT - (a medium dose can be 10 mg).

Is there an entourage effect on the toad secretion, as taking mushrooms vs pure psilocibin, or thc vs smoking weed? probably.