We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychotria alba extraction Options

SLiCeR
#1 Posted : 5/27/2012 3:08:22 AM

SLiCeR

Hi all

I have just been doing some reading trying to find a Psychotria Alba
extraction recorded but can't find anything.

I have read that a A/B extraction works with viridis so i imagine
it will work with alba and that i will just have to use twice as much
material but can anyone provide experience otr any help on this matter?

I found these instructions which i will vaguely follow:

100 gram Psychotria viridis extraction

1. Cover the leafs in 1 liter of water, add 1000 mg of citric acid, and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off the water and save it.
2. Cover the leafs in 1 liter of water and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off the water and save it.
3. Cover the leafs in 1 liter of water and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off the water and save it.
4. Filter the combined water and boil it down to about 300 ml.
5. Defat 5 times with 100 ml of naphtha (or 3 times with xylene followed by 2 times with naphtha) in a separatory funnel. If the last defat is not clear, defat again until it is clear.
6. Adjust the pH to 9.5 with sodium carbonate (or sodium hydroxide, or ammonia).
7. Extract 3 times with 100 ml of naphtha in a separatory funnel.
8. Evaporate the naphtha completely at room temperature to give DMT

Would i just be able to follow the lex tek for this extraction considering the tek is created for aussies
and materials we can aquire in the country?

The only things i would change in the lex tek for the alba extraction would be
When basifying i understand there is no need to go beyond a ph of 9.5.

Info from the same thread as my initial cut copy and paste.

The info is here:
When basifying, you only need pH 9.5. Psychotria viridis doesn’t have those nasty Mimosa emulsions to deal with, so there’s no need for those extremely high pH values used when basifying Mimosa.

Is thete anything else i should change about the lex tek to accomodate for Psychotria Alba?

Link to the mentioned thread is here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1707

Kind Regards
SLiCeR

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/27/2012 3:23:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^ that tek is a waste IMO..you can probly just skip the defats if you salt the naptha with acetic or fumaric acid. I dunno if I would use naptha either because there might be DMT oxides in the leaf and naptha might not pull them(not sure on this)..personally I would use a less selective solvent and then salt the alkaloids.

Look into FASI and FASA if you are unfamiliar with salting.
Long live the unwoke.

rahlii
#3 Posted : 5/27/2012 6:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lextek works fine. It's a bit of work but you can get some nice clean crystal of freebase. Don't chop up your leaves and don't forget to do a sodium carbonate wash on the combined final pulls or the excess lye trapped will draw water and melt your crystals in the humid weather.

Make sure to post your yield so we all know the extraction value of p. alba. I heard p. viridis has been extracted to yield just over 1percent, with young p. nexus yielding 0.7percent.

Thumbs up Good luck mate.
From where is the noise?

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 8/20/2013 10:40:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to exhume this long-dead topic but: what on earth is p. nexus?

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Grower
#5 Posted : 8/26/2013 9:57:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never heard about P.nexus either.
But i do know the Psychotria family consists of hundreds of different varieties so i guess it is just a not so known Psychotria variety.

Grower
Growing active and sacred plants and mushrooms is fun.
Chemistry and technology is fun.
Anger, violence and restricting rules are NO fun...

endlessness
#6 Posted : 8/26/2013 10:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychotria alba analysis of several specimens done by nexians showed no DMT, unfortunately.

Grower
#7 Posted : 8/27/2013 10:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know tests here have shown no DMT in P.alba BUT there are texts that say P.alba is used as an substitute for P.viridis in aya brews used by natives in SA.
I am not convinced that P.alba is without DMT, BUT i don't think the tests done here are faulty either.
I can think the P.albas circulating is all from the same source originally and maybe this is a variety that don't contain the DMT alkaloids.
OR it is the growing conditions that make the plant produce the alkaloids as in the small poison dart frogs, if they don't get the diet of the special termites they are not poisonous.
Anyone tried a homegrown P.viridis for DMT?
OR its just as nexians have found out, P.Alba is indeed inactive.
How about Psychotria carthagenensis or P.colorata, they are not uncommon and i have seen somewhere that at least cartagenensis have DMT.
Maybe i should order a few seeds and try.
Growing active and sacred plants and mushrooms is fun.
Chemistry and technology is fun.
Anger, violence and restricting rules are NO fun...

Hieronymous
#8 Posted : 8/28/2013 12:42:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Sorry to exhume this long-dead topic but: what on earth is p. nexus?

Blessings
~ND

P.nexus is hybrid cross of P.carthaginensis & P.viridis bred by the owner of the Australian store Herbalistics.

It is a cold hardy plant that won't drop dead in winter in a temperate zone. Mine froze at least 6 times this year and they suffered a bit from pests but now the weather has warmed up they are re-growing and starting to look good. They can also survive if the soil completely dries out - a very hardy plant indeed. They are a very nice plant too.

All the viridis I've tried to grow here have died from the cold.

P.nexus - Herbalistics

Nathanial.Dread
#9 Posted : 8/28/2013 12:56:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks like they only ship within Australia.
Damn.
That sounds perfect for a lover of entheogens who lives in the American North East...

So, people think that my Psychotria Alba (which was sold to me as P. Viridis Thumbs down ) probably isn't psychoactive?
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Jagube
#10 Posted : 10/2/2017 4:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend of mine has brewed with P. alba and found it psychoactive. He said it wasn't like DMT at all, but it was beautiful, euphoric and loving. I don't have any more info on this, but I'm planning on bioassaying it myself in the coming months, hopefully before the frosts zap the leaves.

I've heard the UDV sometimes use it instead of Chacruna. That doesn't mean it has the same / similar effects, but it would indicate it has *some* effects.

Ferrum
#11 Posted : 8/23/2019 11:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this is a very very old one , but I'm curious if you or anyone has added alba to aya brew s? And what the effects were beside viridis? I'd heard as well the udv used it but first hand reports on it I have never came across