We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
recommended bongs for salvia Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 8/8/2019 3:09:41 AM

Human

hello.

Im about to buy a bong exclusively for smoking salvia extract.
I have seen several options and Im not sure if I should buy a normal one (around 30 cm height) or a tiny one (10 - 15 cms high).

I just love the shape of the tiny one (the brand is GRAV) and I thought I would ask here to get some feedback. Its irrelevant maybe?

Im hesitating because Im not sure if the space inside a small bong is insufficient for a nice rip.

Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

physics envy
#2 Posted : 8/8/2019 7:49:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My suggestion would be to make sure the flame will not be too close to your face. The salvinorin will work better if you keep a bic flame on the leaf the entire time, so a short bong, or one with the bowl near your face, may not be the best.

The size of the bong won't otherwise matter with regards to the trip. You can use a tiny pipe if you like...it will work just fine (just might be rather hot on your throat).
Salvia quid enthusiast

Camponotus
#3 Posted : 8/8/2019 11:27:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not an expensive one!
regarding the gravity Rolling eyes
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

fathomlessness
#4 Posted : 8/9/2019 8:02:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not go a vape? As long as it reaches over 240c. You could try the vapes like e-nano or other ceramic types from 7th floor as they go to over 1000c. Also a vapor genie on max with a torch lighter.

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 8/9/2019 3:51:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eyce mini beaker. I love eyce products, I've got an original version 1 rig I've been smoking out of for years. You won't break it dropping it!

https://eycemolds.com/products/eyce-mini-beaker
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

rOm
#6 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:37:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to use a mini glass bong ( well small like 10 or 12 cm heigh ) glass bong exclusivley for salvia ( it works also very well for changa I found out ). BUt lately I use my GVG with torch lighter and it works well too. But am not aiming at strong breaktrhough doses. Not sure if vaping it is milder than smo,ing it ( could be, but also seenthat hapening with changa ).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

fathomlessness
#7 Posted : 8/18/2019 10:47:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
I used to use a mini glass bong ( well small like 10 or 12 cm heigh ) glass bong exclusivley for salvia ( it works also very well for changa I found out ). BUt lately I use my GVG with torch lighter and it works well too. But am not aiming at strong breaktrhough doses. Not sure if vaping it is milder than smo,ing it ( could be, but also seenthat hapening with changa ).

How many hits do you gget with salvia and changa in your gvg before you have to reload? if its multiple then it would be milder per hit than a bong which gives all in one.

clouds
#8 Posted : 8/20/2019 2:21:40 AM

Human

so i bought this GRAV glass mini beaker

Ulim
#9 Posted : 8/20/2019 2:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
Why not go a vape? As long as it reaches over 477c. You could try the vapes from 7th floor as they go to over 1000c. Also a vapor genie on max with a torch lighter.

260°C is enough. I know that for a fact since thats the max of my vape and it works for salvia. Thats also around the temps you find for the vaporization of salvinorin in literature.
Else i just used good quality bongs with some lenght to them. Its easier if you have a bigger bong to collect the smoke and then snap it. Torch lighter to cherry it then hit it quick. Then you dont even need to hold the lighter to it.

Of course i recommend someone to handle the bong for you. Or just be smart about handling it.

rOm
#10 Posted : 8/20/2019 3:06:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
rOm wrote:

How many hits do you gget with salvia and changa in your gvg before you have to reload? if its multiple then it would be milder per hit than a bong which gives all in one.

yes maybe its milder in a vape IMO like GVG butalso nicer. less traumatic hyperslapped salvinorin A people would say : Neveragain ! in a bong its faster in one hit. use both like me.
and try to see other ROA. Subling, tea, extract, boof it !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

fathomlessness
#11 Posted : 9/4/2019 2:08:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
Why not go a vape? As long as it reaches over 477c. You could try the vapes from 7th floor as they go to over 1000c. Also a vapor genie on max with a torch lighter.

260°C is enough. I know that for a fact since thats the max of my vape and it works for salvia. Thats also around the temps you find for the vaporization of salvinorin in literature.
Else i just used good quality bongs with some lenght to them. Its easier if you have a bigger bong to collect the smoke and then snap it. Torch lighter to cherry it then hit it quick. Then you dont even need to hold the lighter to it.

Of course i recommend someone to handle the bong for you. Or just be smart about handling it.

Sorry, typo, i meant 277c but rather 240c. Would you mind telling us your vaporiser that goes to 260c? I recently tested that cherry method you speak of. I cherried with a torch lighter for 1 second and let go of the shotgun and got most of the effect, then later I tried the remaining burnt pieces and there was minimal to no effect, although there was a few pieces that accidentally didnt get cherried to begin with.

fathomlessness
#12 Posted : 9/4/2019 2:10:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
rOm wrote:

yes maybe its milder in a vape IMO like GVG butalso nicer. less traumatic hyperslapped salvinorin A people would say : Neveragain ! in a bong its faster in one hit. use both like me.
and try to see other ROA. Subling, tea, extract, boof it !

I recently compared the two methods and have to say the GVG is harsher on the throat because its hotter air (shorter pipe) but a bong is very smooth on the throat, just burns the lungs. I will stick with vaporizing but the heat generated by GVG makes it not as enjoyable as something like a e-nano, silver surfer vaporizer or a volcano.