We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Acuminata - Storage Options

TrippyLich
#1 Posted : 8/1/2019 10:40:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently started cyb's max ion A/B tech and I'm about to complete the third freeze-thaw. I've added deionised water at 4mL/g of root-bark and everything seems fine so far. However, as this is my first tek, I only plan to extract 100 grams of bark in the coming days. Will it be okay to leave the remaining bark/water solution in the freezer for a few months until I need it?

I've just assumed it will be, since dry bark would be fine but I can't find anything to confirm. Frozen bark photo attached for reference.
TrippyLich attached the following image(s):
5.0 Frozen.png (15,673kb) downloaded 128 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 8/1/2019 10:19:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've left bark frozen for many months without issue before.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

fathomlessness
#3 Posted : 8/20/2019 2:25:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't see why not, supposing its not in glass and water (water expands and breaks the glass). Leaving warm bark out obviously goes moldy and then releases toxins in to the solution which will carry in to the solvent and your extract.

KuzeMaf
#4 Posted : 9/27/2019 2:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Should be fine in the freezer, but beware of freezing glass, as it can be unpredictable at times.

In the past I would always throw used bark in a plastic bag and freeze for later. The yields I've obtained from what I thought was "spent bark" are insane. I learned a lot by doing multiple pulls.

Love and Light and Travel Well
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

Dan_J
#5 Posted : 10/7/2019 10:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KuzeMaf wrote:

In the past I would always throw used bark in a plastic bag and freeze for later. The yields I've obtained from what I thought was "spent bark" are insane. I learned a lot by doing multiple pulls.

Love and Light and Travel Well

Thanks, thats quite interesting, i might have to start storing my dry grinded AA bark/twig n leaves in the freezer to see is if it works better for aya, as far as i know most have mixed resulted with AA in aya including myself

Jagube
#6 Posted : 10/7/2019 11:33:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dan_J wrote:
as far as i know most have mixed resulted with AA in aya including myself

With the broad or narrow phyllode variety?
I've heard good things about the latter.

Dan_J
#7 Posted : 10/8/2019 1:03:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Dan_J wrote:
as far as i know most have mixed resulted with AA in aya including myself

With the broad or narrow phyllode variety?
I've heard good things about the latter.

NP
i havent found many AA brew reports on the nexus, just a couple, other then freebase extracts

note : ( this happened about 1.5 years ago and still connecting dots,had a 6 month break and tried again no change )

However i may have been 'locked' out of dmt after a long day at work + changa + realizing i didnt want to trip, while the trip felt pretty strong at the time due to my tired state and the fact that i was saying i dont want to trip etc there after which may have made an impact.... i'm not sure.

every time i smoke a little bit of dmt i get a feeling of an other around with a reaction/ vibe "is he ready?" or it could be psychological and my unconscious has a hard time letting me do dmt, shrooms work fine and it seems i could get more of an experience on a threshold dose before said incident.

check my threads on my experience with NP, still planing on more brews but need to get in the door
and comfortable with dmt first..... unless my brews are weak as.