We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid? Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 7/11/2019 5:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is your preferred type of cannabis strain?

My love and I are very partial to indica strains. Afghani, Blueberry, Vanilla Kush, BlackBerry Kush, and Northern Lights, to name a few favorites. I also enjoy hybrids, my favorite are Skunk and Blue Dream. My love doesn't care for them so much. I very occasionally will pick up a sativa (I enjoy the taste of Sour Deisel very much).

I love the way indica pot feels, the way it relaxes the body. When I smoke a hit of potent indica oil, the sensation is almost like that of an opiate. Pure sativa usually leaves me feeling a distinct absence of this effect, no matter how much I smoke. Almost as if it's Pot Lite, Diet Pot or some such thing.

Lately I've been picking up more hybrids and sativas, hoping it will help me be more productive. What is your favorite type of strain? How do you use this medicine in your life and how does it help you?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 7/11/2019 11:30:13 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I use sativa and hybrids, but a good indica...mmm, good times.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Jupitor
#3 Posted : 7/31/2019 4:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This may come as a surprise to those who have read my previous posts on Cannabis, but my views on the plant have greatly evolved this year. Every variety has its own unique "feel". Here's a little experiment for you to try that I highly recommend-

Find your favorite Indica strain (one that really smells "right" to you).
Find your favorite Sativa strain (again, one that smells "right"Pleased.

Combine the buds together in a 1:1 ratio and grind using a mortar and pestle into a light fluffy powder (not too fine but finer than you get using a standard herb grinder). You will find that the respective sedative/stimulating qualities of the indica/sativa strains balance each other out. You get the heady uplifting experience without the anxiety, and you get the bodily effects of the indica without the sedation. It is extremely pleasant.

You can also add a 50/50 hybrid into the mix (a 1:1:1 blend of indicia, hybrid, and sativa). Keeping this same ratio, you can combine 6, 9, or 12 strains for an even broader range of cannabinoids and terpenes. The result is a full spectrum Cannabis experience that will be anything your intention wishes. Before you imbibe, have a short meditation invoking your intention, and then smoke. To really push the limits, use it ceremonially in place of Ayahuasca and be astonished at its psychedelic power.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 7/31/2019 4:18:32 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Better yet, smoke it with Aya! (B Caapi) I've done this of mixing indicas and sativas and its great stuff. The coolest strain I think Ive smoked is Skywalker, a sativa. Its so cerebral its like hyperspace a tiny bit. But Purple Kush and Blue Heaven I love (anything grape or blueberry really.) Blackberry kush as you mentioned I like I remember it was one with the best flavour and smell. Sour diesel is strong.

Something I want to start doing is eating (drinking actually, in coffee) these different strains and seeing different effects orally.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

fathomlessness
#5 Posted : 8/6/2019 6:31:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No talk of combining a CBD high strain in here? CBD really has an impact on the high it's smoked with. Also whether the indica/sativa was harvested early or late. I've heard harvesting an indica early can give synonymous effects to that of a sativa harvested with 30% amber trichomes.

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 8/6/2019 4:42:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have yet to form an opinion on cbd. There definitely seems to be a lot of talk atm about this cannabinoid. What do you like about cbd? Can you recommend any high cbd strains? Regarding early vs late: I've definitely noticed a difference between oil that is active/decarboxylated vs oil that contains mostly thca. Oil that contains mostly thca gives more of a head rush, while the fully decarbed oil is more sedative, body medicine. I prefer the latter but both are awesome. Sometimes I will come across fully active bho (all thc no thca) these I like to eat. @ Jupitor I enjoy mixing strains occasionally, thanks for this. @FranLover I love eating cannabis!!!
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 8/8/2019 4:05:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the potency analysis of the oil I'm smoking atm. 3x Crazy, a cross of Bubba Kush, Granddaddy Purple and OG Kush.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190808_075526_hdr.jpg (689kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
IMG_20190808_080411_hdr.jpg (637kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

IIYI
#8 Posted : 8/18/2019 8:00:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
What is your preferred type of cannabis strain?

My love and I are very partial to indica strains. Afghani, Blueberry, Vanilla Kush, BlackBerry Kush, and Northern Lights, to name a few favorites. I also enjoy hybrids, my favorite are Skunk and Blue Dream. My love doesn't care for them so much. I very occasionally will pick up a sativa (I enjoy the taste of Sour Deisel very much).

I love the way indica pot feels, the way it relaxes the body. When I smoke a hit of potent indica oil, the sensation is almost like that of an opiate. Pure sativa usually leaves me feeling a distinct absence of this effect, no matter how much I smoke. Almost as if it's Pot Lite, Diet Pot or some such thing.

Lately I've been picking up more hybrids and sativas, hoping it will help me be more productive. What is your favorite type of strain? How do you use this medicine in your life and how does it help you?

In the beginning, I was a fan of Sativa. After that I started to like Indica and became a connoisseur of Afghans and Skunk strains. But I already love smoking Sativa because it gives me incredible tone and positivity. Nowdays i prefer to smoke Sativa.
In general, I am a fan of ganja and I smoke everything and from all kind of hybrids sorts to pure landrace straince. I smoke as many different things as I can. Very happy
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 8/19/2019 2:34:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IIYI wrote:

In general, I am a fan of ganja and I smoke everything and from all kind of hybrids sorts to pure landrace straince. I smoke as many different things as I can. Very happy

I love it!!! Seldom have I met a gram of cannabis oil that I didn't get along with. I enjoyed the pictures from your Afghani/skunk crosses.
olympus mon wrote: