We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Specific mysteries of the past Options

breeze225
#1 Posted : 8/16/2019 9:53:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I just posted in another thread how so much of ancient culture was influenced by psychoactive substances....now my brain thinks about the mysteries of the past regularly. And a lot of the visions I think we can all agree have weird similarities I think the pryamids is 1 major one. I see them in visions all the time! I am still kinda new to this journey tho but I think I am going to start to dedicate some of these trips to meditating and thinking about these things and see where it goes. I mean it would make sense if they were so influenced by these things then maybe it would be easier to understand them in that state! So really I am curious for you guys out there that have been doing this longer than me is this something any of you do? has any one come up with any practical ideas? I would love to hear about them if you have!!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

the_Architect
#2 Posted : 8/18/2019 6:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most westerners tend to attribute all the glory of this misteries to some drug, disregarding important elements such as magic and spirituality.
When it comes to these ancient misteries, like the ones from Eleusis and Egypt, even if there was some entheogen involved, that´s not the entire story. There was an specific priesthood around these misteries, they would do rituals or invocations, summmoning a specific spirit or higher entity.
Many drugs can serve as a bridge to higher realms, it´s like a phone call. But you can´t make the same phone call over a period of thousands of years of history, unless you are always dialing to the same number, that is what the ritual represents.

By the way, talking about Eleusis, I wondered what this mistery was about, according to records everyone had the right to attend it in a lifetime and it lasted one day. So... I guess meditation and tantric sex can´t be taught in 24 hours... an entheogen makes more sense... there´s even a talk from Terence McKenna, telling about certain greek citizen who stole the "misteries" and was giving it to friends at his house as entertainment... that would make a good case for ergot or other substance.

There´s a second alternative involving a priesthood with what we could call "superpowers". The type of people who could awake you third eye, or take you astral body out from your physical body (like the superhero movie Dr. Strange). This is not unheard of, there are some gurus in India who are known to charge you 10.000$ for unblocking some of your chakras.
That would be a strong case for an initiation taking place in a short period of 24 hs.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna