We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any one got methadone/opiate use same time as dmt? Options

breeze225
#1 Posted : 8/18/2019 3:09:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys so I know there are a few of us recovering opiate addicts here. Personally my route was and still is with methadone although I am on my way down from that! however I have a question. Is anyone else here on methadone daily? or really any opiate daily would have similar effects. OR maybe in the past was on a opiate daily? I am curious because well I know opiates "soften" a lot of trips and I have been curious as to how much. LIke how much more of a dose would someone on methadone daily need to get to the same place as if you weren't on methadone (or any opiate) any thoughts on this guys?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 8/18/2019 5:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a methadone maintenance patient. I have been on the clinic since before I started working with the spice. I'm a 30 something white male, 170 lbs, I take 120 mg methadone daily. Some random thoughts.

I smoalked a sub breakthrough dose one morning before I was medicated, I had a very unpleasant experience, due to the withdrawal feelings, I don't smoalk in the morning pre methadone anymore. Other than that, use the spice the same way you would otherwise, be amazed at it's ability to heal, to teach, to nurture the part of you that is infinite.

Regarding harmala alkaloids, I read when I first got here that they were contraindicated with methadone, supposedly could cause serotonin syndrome. I've been using full spectrum rue alks for a year now with no problems (aside from one night when I ate too big a dose, and threw up all night). I'm not your doctor, I'm not saying it's okay for you, just telling you what I've been through because I wished for such examples when I got here and could not find even anecdotal info.

One more thing. I've noticed that a heavy session with dmt will sometimes make me feel like my methadone has run through my system prematurely, IE early withdrawal. Sometimes if I am planning a big one I will save a little methadone for after. Not much, maybe 20 mg or so.

I wish you the best of luck in your recovery and in your work with the spice. Travel well.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand