We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Warmth/stinging feeling in lungs? Options

fog
#1 Posted : 8/12/2019 11:33:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

I've done a lot of searching and could not find an answer to this specific experience.

So I've vaped dmt multiple times using an arizer EQ with liquid pad, and more recently using a ccell cart + silo through a small bubbler. I am fairly sure I am not burning it. I'm getting dense vapor, very little taste or smell. Very little sensation in my mouth and throat.

However, when it starts to fill my lungs and airways, I get sensation of mild stinging and deep warmth. This feeling completely dissipates over 10-20 seconds as I hold the hit. I imagine it dissipates exactly as the vapor is absorbed. It isn't unpleasant, but it isn't the "feels like nothing" that I've read people describe properly vaped pure spice as. I normally leave room in my lungs for a decent amount of air to follow the hit but one time I felt the vapor sitting in my upper airways and it caused me to cough.

I'm just wondering, is this normal? Could it just be a result of the alkaline nature of the spice?

Thank you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 8/13/2019 5:07:42 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I have a similar thing happen to me once and a while. I use enhanced leaf, and smoke outta a bubbler. I’ll take several hits throughout the session when all of a sudden I get hit with a surprise taste and much harsher hit. It kinda sucks the air outta me and makes me cough. Then I need a few minutes because I feel as though my throat closed up. I’m glad I have a sound mind or else it’s a sensation that could freak someone out right after a dmt hit. I just slowly take deep breaths to help it. Is this a concentrated hit of oxide? Or is it burnt spice, because towards the end of the bowl I stop easing with the lighter and put it right to it.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

fog
#3 Posted : 8/18/2019 2:24:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the reply Smile

let me phrase this another way. how would you describe the 'lung feel' (if any) of a perfectly vaporized hit?