We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Non-Responder to Psychedelics? Options

faoble
#1 Posted : 7/27/2019 10:47:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have never had any drug cause me to hallucinate while awake. I've tried LSD with reasonable dosing, no effects but pupils do dilate.

Just tried the magic truffles (5g Utopia to start) -- no effects whatsoever.

Also tried Caapi alone equivalent to 250gr+ while awake, no effects.

When I tried once equivalent to about 50g fell asleep for a little in the morning, I did see visual scenes -- movie like lifelike scenes of things that do not exist, not abstract shapes, in the state between wake and sleeping.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TrippyBrob
#2 Posted : 7/27/2019 11:52:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is a very interesting situation. From what I've heard there are possibly some people that aren't super responsive to psychedelics, but you should be at least feeling something. I guess the obvious questions to ask are this

1.) Are you on any medications? Some of them can completely dull the experience.
2.) Are you taking these psychedelics on an empty stomach? This matters much more than you might think. Ideally you don't want to have eaten anything 6 hours prior to dosing, and ideally longer. If you do eat 5-6 hours before, keep it really light. These days I usually don't eat anything from the night before until I trip. Then obviously you don't want to eat until the effects start, which then at that point you won't want to lol.

faoble
#3 Posted : 8/10/2019 10:53:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am on an antipsychotic, but the dosage is extremely low (well below clinical effective threshold for everyone else). When I tried the stuff before I was not on anything.

I got the guts to try again today with 11g whatever the truffle is, and from another bag (hoping for a different batch). I did feel a little something, like this tension in my head and it felt like my perception of flavors was very different. I was drinking tea that I drink everyday, going what is this flavor. Nothing else. I am 4hrs into it.

And yes, on an empty stomach with tea. The truffles have an innocent nutty flavor when you start chewing but then the aftertaste is terrible. I did have ice cream a few hours before. But last time I did it before eating anything, in the morning.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 8/11/2019 5:56:01 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

In my opinion the only real way to get 100% guaranteed clear amazing hallucinations is dmt/changa breakthroughs
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

faoble
#5 Posted : 8/14/2019 2:17:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just recalled. I did get visual distortions with some research chemical that had DMT in the name (longer name) years ago. I also get visual distortions when ketamine dose is high enough, my hands and fingers look very small and the relative size of things is out of proportion. No hallucinations outright though.

Metta-Morpheus
#6 Posted : 8/14/2019 9:29:17 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

That sucks, I’m sorry. I don’t have any advice, but I would hate it if this happened to me. I agree with Fran about dmt/Changa visuals. 10-20x more vivid than anything else for me. But I have definitely had visuals off shrooms and acid before though.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

DreadedShaman
#7 Posted : 8/14/2019 11:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of course there could be something else going on here... You mentioned you take a medication, though a low dose, I have no idea how this would interact with substances such as LSD

However, I have had friends report similar things before. Along the lines of "nothing really happened" " I expected ... But I just felt a little funny"

And it has made me think of this quote from TiHKAL, I reference to DiPT

Quote:
How many other drugs have appeared to be inactive because I didn't know where to look for effects?

Many of the friends I have shared this with, and have set aside their preconceived ideas about the mental state of a given substance, have had incredible, on par experiences, that they were missing before simply because they were looking the wrong direction.

faoble
#8 Posted : 8/17/2019 8:54:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just tried san pedro... should be about ~250-300mg of mescaline. Hours later... nothing.

Other stuff does work on me, like ketamine, weed etc. So IDK what you mean looking in the wrong direction. What is the direction for hullicinations? north-east?

fathomlessness
#9 Posted : 8/18/2019 11:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say the anti-psychotic is the culprit. I had a friend on a half usual dose of anti-psychotic and they hardly felt anything from large hits of dmt. Just wait till you are off them, or whenever you decide to stop. May I ask why you are even on them at such a low dose? Or why someone would be taking psychedelics who are taking anti-psychotics? (dangerous territory for psychotic people to be experimenting with psychedelics).

That being said, I had another friend who was a non-responder, would toke massive hits of DMT (<100mg) and feel nothing. I decided on the idea it might be an overactive MAO activity although I was skeptical, I gave them 3/4g of mushrooms and maoi and it worked to a small degree. After that one time the effects just kept getting stronger and stronger for them on subsequent trips until they had a normal tolerance for psychedelics.

faoble
#10 Posted : 8/24/2019 3:36:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I cut off the antipsychotic. Cut to a week later...

This time 75mg mescaline + ~15g caapi. Nothing. I'll try the full dose tomorrow.

faoble
#11 Posted : 8/24/2019 8:27:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay full dose san pedro, 2hr later: nothing.

JKW
#12 Posted : 8/24/2019 11:49:53 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

San Pedro is very mild for me.
I've never had any good results with it, even with a reputable shaman who was wonderful with Ayahuasca.

I take meds too, and the saman thought it might be that. However, the next year I came back medication free, and it was extremely mild. He gave me a double dose, and barely something.

However, peyote worked great for me. Go figure.

faoble
#13 Posted : 9/3/2019 12:35:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do notice some effects, but nothing like hallucinations of any kind.

I have no idea where to get peyote.

faoble
#14 Posted : 9/24/2019 12:37:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got 4-AcO-DMT at ~10mg it works. At the peak when I sit still and stare at the floor the patterns start to move, but it faded fast.

PleasureAndBliss
#15 Posted : 9/24/2019 3:00:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
That being said, I had another friend who was a non-responder, would toke massive hits of DMT (<100mg) and feel nothing. I decided on the idea it might be an overactive MAO activity although I was skeptical, I gave them 3/4g of mushrooms and maoi and it worked to a small degree. After that one time the effects just kept getting stronger and stronger for them on subsequent trips until they had a normal tolerance for psychedelics.

On his book "LSD psychotherapy", Stan Groff says that some people have an "extremely controlling mind" (I don't remember the exact terms). They can feel nothing from 250+ug. But slowly, they're defensive structures are broken by the LSD so they can experience a trip after multiple "trips" tentative.

Sorry for the inexactitude, my memory of this passage is not clear but you can certainly find it on the book ! Smile

endlessness
#16 Posted : 9/24/2019 9:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What anti-psychotic are you taking, and at what dosage?

I suspect from what you say that it´s a mix of you not being very sensitive to start with, plus potentially the medication.

Regardless of your natural sensitivity and all, one thing I wonder though is why are you taking this anti psychotic in the first place. If you have some psychological issues you are working through, it might not be the best idea to take mind altering substances. Please be safe!

faoble
#17 Posted : 10/30/2019 11:31:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Update:

Since I responded to 4ACO I thought to try ALD-52 (they are both this "Acytel" version, whatever that means). No effects whatsoever at 100 ug.

Eaglepath
#18 Posted : 11/1/2019 12:50:24 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

If 4 ACO works for you stick to that and drop 40-50mg next time and you will see things starts to be interesting for youPleased
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath