We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A hidden crime against humanity - the struggles of the Rainbow Family Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 8/11/2019 8:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,

I happen to have a friend that is a member of the Rainbow Family that I met on a facebook group for entheogenic cacti some years ago when I was first getting into cultivation. He told me something that I found very sad and unpleasant.

As you probably know, each year those guys have a gathering that is happening in multiple locations in different states and is a month-long event with lots of music, dance, arts, cooking and all kinds of recreational activities. Drugs are also heavily involved, albeit the Family officially denies that. There have been a few incidents in the past, but overall those gatherings are a very peaceful and nice event to attend. The members themselves are the epitome of hippies and off-grid birds-of-passage.

A very sizeable chunk of them is born within the Family and stay there forever. Most of them don't have medical insurance, and a lot of them don't even have a social security number. From a governmental point of view, those people contribute nothing to the state welfare and are practically useless at best. So how do those in power tackle that "issue" - increase the Family's exposure to diseases whose cure is incredibly strictly controlled by the government.

The single drug that is praised among the Family (and most homeless people as well) is called doxycycline. It's one of the very few, if not the only highly-effective MRSA antibiotic that doesn't come with a set of highly probable and quite nasty side effects. And it is one of the only things that can safely and easily treat West Nile virus, yellow fever, Lime's disease, and a few others, and is accessible to the general population. So how does the government use this to their advantage - they make the drug relatively cheap for people with medical insurance (around $35 for a bottle of 10 pills, enough to get you out of deep shit) and incredibly expensive for those without medical insurance (upwards of $400 for the same bottle of 10 pills). They know the members of the Family that have insurance and/or SSN are as incredibly rare and scarce as are money amid this lot.

Usually, Rainbow Family gatherings occur in numerous locations throughout the year. European gatherings are also gaining popularity and numbers. During one of last year's gatherings, my friend told me something that I found hard to believe at first. I believe he said it was near Denver, in the vicinity of a military base. It was in summer, which is when ticks and mosquitos go crazy. Sometime during the event, he said a dozen military helicopters flew out of the nearby military base and started circling the area a few miles around the gathering valley. At first, it was presumed those were some kind of test flights or something, but some of the Family members strayed farther back and were closer to where the helicopters were circling.

With the help of a pair of binoculars, it was clearly visible that something like black sand was falling from the helicopters' hulls. A couple of days later the entire gathering area and a few miles around it was crawling with ticks. There were hundreds of them on a square meter. The gatherings are swarmed with sweaty, half-naked (or fully naked) people dancing around and sitting and/or laying in the grass. It's basically a gigantic, irresistible lure for ticks, mosquitoes and yellow jackets. In a matter of a day, hundreds of people got bitten by ticks, and a very large portion of them got infected with Lyme's disease. The nearest medical facility was miles away, and it most likely wouldn't have accepted and taken care of people without medical insurance, because they're not allowed to.

Some of those people died in a few weeks because they had no access to doxycycline or any alternative emergency help. The government knows exactly what's happening because they're the ones doing it. It is, in a way, a localized genocide. They want those beautiful people gone for good. And since it would be tasteless to just go in guns blazing and soak the ground with blood, they take alternative routes of achieving the same result.

I know it might seem like a crazy conspiracy theory to many, but the man that told me he saw it with his own eyes is a man I know won't lie about something like that. He has lost many of his good friends and a lot of his family due to similar diseases or just seemingly random blows of Fortune. He never jokes about death and anything that could cause it, because he's suffered more than enough from it. He is also someone with over 15 years of psychedelic experience and knows the futility of a lie in the face of truth herself, and the impact that has on one's own sanity and dignity.

I was deeply shaken by what he told me, so I looked into this drug. Turned out that my country was selling that same antibiotic for...ready for it?...$1.31

Yes, that's right - one dollar and thirty-one cents for 10 pills. I immediately felt that I had to help this beautiful community of theirs. Not because I wanted to "redeem" myself for anything stupid or hurtful I've done in the past, but because I CAN help. Knowing that for such a laughable price I could save another human's life meant I could not turn my back to that. So I went to my GP, and I explained to him the whole story I've told above. He was very understanding and compassionate about it, and without even questioning anything further (he's been my GP for over 5 years, so he has my trust already) he wrote me a re-usable prescription for three of the best brands of that antibiotic locally in the market, so I could choose the one that was the best value for money.

I circled the town and passed through a few pharmacies using the same prescription and I ended up with a total of 50 pills. If the symptoms of the aforementioned diseases are noticed early enough, a person can get cured with only 5 pills, meaning this was enough to help 10 people in the best-case scenario. I packaged those up, wrote exactly what the contents are on the shipping document, and sent it to my friend in Tenessee.

To our mutual surprise, the package got to him despite containing a drug that was not FDA-approved (the active ingredient is, but the brand is not, and it shouldn't be allowed to pass customs according to US law). This means that someone in customs, or elsewhere along the chain, isn't doing their job. Only if he knew how much good he was doing...

So fast forward a couple of weeks, the first 2019 gathering begins. No helicopters this time, but ticks and mosquitoes are everywhere in the US height of summer anyway. The package was given directly to the guys at C.A.L.M. (Center for Alternative Living Medicine), which is a big tent with several legitimate medical personnel that takes care of anyone that needs immediate medical attention during the gatherings. My friend said all of the pills were distributed where necessary in the first few days of the gathering. Several people with advanced MRSA staph infections were saved by the drug.

It was the first time in my life that I consciously and knowingly saved a human life. It made me tear up, honestly. But I want to make one thing very clear:

The aim of this post is NOT to highlight what a hero I am, and how hefty the serving of holy virtues that Mother Nature served me is! The sole purpose of this post is to attract attention to this problem that has occurred many times in the past and will occur again in the future.

Because the government feels those people are "useless", as they contribute nothing to the sickening "modern" society's progress and welfare, they want to stealthily eradicate them. It is genocide if I've ever seen one, and sadly like many others in the past, it's kept under the table as best as it can. It is a crime against humanity. And they're committing it mostly because they're mortified of the possibility that people might want to live truly free, and in love and harmony. They are afraid of the idea of people disobeying the tyrannical system that runs the country and the entire world. They were afraid of the same thing when Tim Leary was knocking about, so they shut him down. But the Family doesn't have a leader, so the government can't easily behead the beautiful prospect of peace and harmony that this movement creates. So they're trying to destroy it in other cruel ways.

If a human being doesn't have sovereignty over their life, then how dare the "leaders" of this truly great country (said without any sarcasm) have the audacity and shamelessness to associate it with the notion of freedom in all its aspects?! How dare they put shackles on those that want to live in Nature and far from the clogged arteries that barely keep the organism of the modern world alive?!

When will it stop? How many deaths are too many? A hundred? A thousand? A hundred thousand? I ask those questions knowing little can be done about it. The reason being few people give a shit about a bunch of hippies that dance around fires, naked, inebriated and singing songs of joy and freedom under the starry night skies that cover our tiny planet like a blanket of protective beauty against the vast cosmos beyond. Too many Americans are either unaware of this or too ignorant to bat an eye. A few hippies dying somewhere in the wild don't make such a big impression. But it needs to. They are humans too, and they've harmed nobody. They just want to live happily, as we all do.

This needs to stop, but as someone that's never even been in America, I have neither the idea nor the factual knowledge to make any sort of a ripple that has the potential of turning into a wave. So that's why I wanted to share this with you. I know there are many Americans in the Nexus. Maybe you guys can give your opinions and perspective on this. Maybe there are some Rainbow Family members here as well? Something needs to happen, I just don't have the slightest idea what.

An old Native American prophecy gave birth to the Rainbow Family:
Quote:
When the earth is ravaged and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, and who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. They will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow

Not only as people who want the Earth to remain green but as fellow humans too, we ought to do anything we can to preserve the Family. They're not only a bunch of good people, but they're also an image of freedom, and an inspiration that has changed many, many lives around the globe. Putting the spotlight on the crime committed against them is step one.

Thank you for reading this. Be well. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 8/11/2019 10:44:49 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I'm a tad skeptical of military helicopters dropping ticks in Colorado, as we well know, rainbow rumors do abound. There are all manner of state and federal employees on the ground at nationals. Forest service, state and local law enforcement, all the various letter agencies. It just seems an unlikely scenario that the military would be engaging in biological attacks with all those people present. I could see a lyme outbreak out east where ticks are naturally, but they aren't native to Colorado, and I don't think they've held a national there since Steamboat Springs in 2006?

I am not the least skeptical that staph and other infections can and do easily get passed around at a gathering. While the kitchens generally maintain really good hygiene, there is a lot of dirty kids, free lovin, and not so safe substance use going on out there in the woods.

The picture painted here seems like kind of a romantic portrayal. While there is a bunch of full time family traveling round on tour, between regionals, and generally just road doggin it, living that life. That whole scene is somewhat removed from the logistics of actually executing the gathering year after year. It's really a rather a small and dedicated group that shows up to vision council, scouts sites, sets seed camp, and completes cleanup. The large majority of people showing up at rainbow are just ordinary people from all walks of life coming to let loose for a few days in the woods, before they pack up and head back to their Babylon lives and day jobs, social security numbers and insurance policies in tact. The fact of the matter is it's really these people who keep the gathering sustainable. Someone has to donate the rice, lentils, and coffee, keep CALM supplied, and fill the magic hat.

Quote:
It is longstanding Rainbow Family consensus that nobody has ever, or ever will represent the Rainbow Family.

Quote:
Any one with a belly button may consider themselves part of the Rainbow Family, even a belly button is not really needed.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 8/12/2019 1:44:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Went to my first National here in Washington State, 2011. I've never been around so many people so very high in one place at one time. It was great. I felt welcomed, I felt loved, I felt right at home. Very much like how I felt when I discovered our beloved DMT Nexus.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 8/12/2019 10:39:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
I'm a tad skeptical of military helicopters dropping ticks in Colorado, as we well know, rainbow rumors do abound. There are all manner of state and federal employees on the ground at nationals. Forest service, state and local law enforcement, all the various letter agencies. It just seems an unlikely scenario that the military would be engaging in biological attacks with all those people present. I could see a lyme outbreak out east where ticks are naturally, but they aren't native to Colorado, and I don't think they've held a national there since Steamboat Springs in 2006?

I am not the least skeptical that staph and other infections can and do easily get passed around at a gathering. While the kitchens generally maintain really good hygiene, there is a lot of dirty kids, free lovin, and not so safe substance use going on out there in the woods.

I must say that i'm also a bit sceptical about any military involvement here. If heavy military helicopters fly very low to the ground, their rotors will produce a lot of turbulence with a lot of dust flying around that will eventually settle again. From a distance that may look as if these helicopters are dropping dust.
Military helicopters produce much more turbulence than normal helicopters, because they're a lot heavier, so their rotors have to spin faster, etc.

Climate change is causing ticks to spread faster everywhere. They can now be found in places where they didn't occur a couple of decades ago, and they also come in larger numbers.
If you go walking naked through the forest, especially when you go off the paths, then unfortunately the chances are high you are gonna get ticks on you. They are just everywhere these days.

I agree though that it is a disgrace if a bottle of doxycycline costs you 400 dollars when you don't have a good medical insurance. It's a generic drug. Even with 35 dollars, the profit margin for the manufacturer or distributor is probably something like 1000 percent. Easy money.
I think even the mexican cartels would be shocked if they heard about this.

Exitwound
#5 Posted : 8/12/2019 2:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Price of $35 with insurance, if true, is indeed horrible...

Here doxy costs somewhat less than $0.5 for 10-pack.

twitchy
#6 Posted : 8/12/2019 4:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's another source for antibiotics that are relatively cheap and don't require a prescription, those made for aquarists. Seems like I've seen doxycycline on one of the larger sites for these, but it's worth a look.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Felnik
#7 Posted : 8/13/2019 9:07:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tic warfare sounds scary and diabolical as hell. I’m not sure I even want to entertain the possibility of that. I’m not sure what the goal of dropping tics on people would be. There are probably 100 other ways that they have of
Hassling those people . .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Nydex
#8 Posted : 8/14/2019 9:08:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting perspectives here. All I did was re-tell a story that was told to me, so can't really stand behind the validity of it, but if it's true, then it is indeed so, so cruel...

Not sure if my friend told me Denver or somewhere else, but that's stuck in my head. But it does make sense the government wouldn't risk throwing ticks on everyone below, not just the hardcore family members.

But still, the prices of doxy are insanely high and that points to something... Wut?
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

ijahdan
#9 Posted : 8/15/2019 12:17:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis.
#10 Posted : 8/15/2019 1:13:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
But still, the prices of doxy are insanely high and that points to something... Wut?

Yeah, drug prices have gone through the roof in the US. Without insurance a vial of insulin also costs several hundred dollars right now. It's becoming increasingly less uncommon for diabetics to have to ration their medication to get by, and that's just one example.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

WarpedDimension
#11 Posted : 8/15/2019 2:56:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
…..the prices of doxy are insanely high and that points to something... Wut?

Points to profits above people. It really should be the other way around. I feel when we begin to see people above profits this world may just turn itself around and awaken into a new state of being. You see this profits before people in so many aspects of today's world. Very unfortunate. I think we as a human race will eventually figure out the folly of this logic. *fingers crossed it happens soon*
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

null24
#12 Posted : 8/15/2019 3:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

WARNING TO SARCASM CHALLENGED READERS:this one's a doozy.

My experience and awareness with the rainbow family began in 1987 or 88, when I stopped at a gathering on the way home from some shows in Hampton VA. The funny thing about your post is- the EXACT same claim was made then, only the Gubbmint was dropping dysentery (somehow) on the top of the mountain so that (according to drug-addled hippie conspiracists), it would enter the watershed and infect the whole gathering. There is always some conspiracy as to why bunch of y'all got sick at your gatherings that has nothing to do with a complete lack of knowledge of how to camp (despite being homeless) and an arrogant self-serving hippytude, but rather is self-flattery over the social impact your invisible group has.

People indeed were ill in north GA, an entire forest had been invaded by a bunch of folks whose claim to love nature involved shitting in streams, perhaps the inexplicable problems arose from all the human feces in the drinking water...?

I hear your romantic idealism of this supposed peaceful community, but the reality does not reflect that- every year, thousands of people choose a new more-or-less pristine area to descend upon, terrify the wildlife and generally practice their brand of anti-culture at high cost to those places- I like to call them the "get back AT nature" crowd. Funnily enough, who goes back and does the environmental remediation after ya'll leave?

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 8/15/2019 4:51:02 PM

Dreamoar

I'm not so sure the forest service agrees with that analysis. At least for the national gathering, the track record for cleanup has been nothing short of excellent.

Quote:
"The Rainbows did a good job of cleaning up the site and following through with their commitments to restore the site," said Stephen Ryberg, district ranger for the forest's Evanston and Mountain View districts.

The Salt Lake Tribune - https://www.welcomehome....es/utah2003/cleanup.html

Quote:
The Forest Service says the Rainbow Family left the 1,300 acres of land they were camping on in great condition. And because of their thorough cleanup, in addition to a lot of rain in the past month, vegetation is growing back better than expected.

Fox 13 News - https://fox13now.com/201...ainbow-family-gathering/

Quote:
All in all, I think we're very pleased with the way things are coming off," U.S. Forest Service spokesman Ken Sandusky said of the group's cleanup effort.

The Daily News - https://tdn.com/news/loc...0-b333-001cc4c03286.html

Quote:
But Maziasz said she can’t say cleanup was successful until it’s completely done. “From what I’ve seen so far, they’re working really hard to get it to that pre-gathering condition,” she said.

Forum News Service - https://www.inforum.com/...forest-location-underway

Quote:
Leslie Goyner with the Forest Service said, "They're going to leave no stone unturned. When they're done I'm going to be extremely happy, I'm positive of that."

KEVN Black Hills Fox - https://www.blackhillsfo...ack-Hills-313436391.html

Quote:
Beyond a few orange peels, there’s no garbage in a small chunk of forest used by several hundred Rainbow Gathering attendees who stayed behind after the July 1-7 gathering to clean up.

OPB - https://www.opb.org/news...-gathering-2017-cleanup/
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

dragonrider
#14 Posted : 8/15/2019 11:09:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My sister went to a rainbow gathering once. She expected just a bunch of harmless hippies, but instead witnessed things like people using heroin in the presence of their own kids.

Maybe it was a different group of people. But from what she described, the whole "rainbow hippie" thing was no more than a facade, and it was in fact just a bunch of lazybones who had no interest or passion for anything other than taking drugs, pretending to be ideological about something.

If that is an accurate description, i don't see why the military would want to invest in chemical or biological warfare against these people. It would be like hiring an expensive assasin to kill someone with terminal cancer.

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 8/16/2019 5:16:27 AM

Dreamoar

Did she get past A camp?

Spiralout
#16 Posted : 8/30/2019 4:18:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does sound like they clean up after themselves pretty well.. Most of the people I've met that have been involved with the rainbow family have been pretty decent, good hearted folks from what I could tell...

Of course I've never actually been to a gathering.. It is on my bucket list though.