We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Has anyone seen this person? (Picture) Options

teksponge
#1 Posted : 8/11/2019 9:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello people of the nexus!

I am a watchmaker by trade and recently I was taking apart a quartz movement for service and all of a sudden thought I recognised a familiar face!

Now I am still yet to breakthrough, however at low and subBT doses I believe that I have encountered the real world around me morph into similar faces like this. It's something about the big perfectly circle eye, the mechanical tech patterning and also the high contrast between the dark and the shades of gold.

This may purely be a personal experience from open eye doses but I was just interested to see if anyone else has seen similar faces morph out of their surroundings?

Let me know what you see!

teksponge attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (274kb) downloaded 151 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

WarpedDimension
#2 Posted : 8/11/2019 9:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's called pareidolia.

DMT presents all sorts of symbols and images to us. How much of these experiences do we fill in the blanks and find things that are not actually there? I find it to be very much like a Rorschach test. You see what you see in a blotches of ink. It's individualistic and completely relative to the observer. We see these blotches of light and color and make what we can out of them. The brain uses pattern recognition to develop a perspective that fits into our world. Maybe this occurs when we travel to hyperspace and it could be that pareidolia functions much in the same way.

I have found that psychedelics in general allows us to experience objects and the world around us in a new way. The novelty floods the system allowing us to see the world in a whole new way. We can see patterns that we had not seen before. The face in your watch now becomes alive in a way. A personality can almost form if we allow the mind to tap into a new creativity. I find this very facinating!
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

teksponge
#3 Posted : 8/14/2019 9:17:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YouAreWeAmI wrote:

I have found that psychedelics in general allows us to experience objects and the world around us in a new way. The novelty floods the system allowing us to see the world in a whole new way. We can see patterns that we had not seen before. The face in your watch now becomes alive in a way. A personality can almost form if we allow the mind to tap into a new creativity. I find this very facinating!

I agree, love the childlike way mushrooms make my brain apply personality to my surroundings and interpreting things as faces/ creatures etc.

I think with DMT the onset is so goddam fast and intense that the mind is desperately trying to make sense of the rapidly changing world around it. This manifests itself in a very interesting array of distorted 'faces' that change with the speed and intensity of the onset, peak and comedown.

breeze225
#4 Posted : 8/14/2019 10:45:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

With dmt I very often see faces or something like that emerge out of the geometric patterns BUT it ALWAYS amazes me how when you go farther than that all of a sudden the geometric pattern will give way to a image that is like watching a HIGH DEF tv...other stuff never gets that far with me ill see stuff melt breathe and move and patterns but dmt has this crazy abilty to push that aside and show you something with ABSOLUTE CLEARITY!

teksponge
#5 Posted : 8/15/2019 1:24:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

breeze225 wrote:
With dmt I very often see faces or something like that emerge out of the geometric patterns BUT it ALWAYS amazes me how when you go farther than that all of a sudden the geometric pattern will give way to a image that is like watching a HIGH DEF tv...other stuff never gets that far with me ill see stuff melt breathe and move and patterns but dmt has this crazy abilty to push that aside and show you something with ABSOLUTE CLEARITY!

When I'm ready to go for it I literally cannot wait!