We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to extract potential DMT from impure fumarates? Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 8/12/2019 5:56:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've extracted some Phalaris aq. (purportedly) AQ1 and Acacia floribunda. The details are on the Nexus somewhere.

I used different extraction teks for both, but they shared the last step: FASI salting.

So I have essentially two products, both water-soluble and tasting sour. It was my understanding that whatever would precipitate would be DMT fumarates, however having bioassayed both in doses upwards of 100 mg, neither seems to produce DMT effects, and both are somewhat hard on the stomach at higher doses. So my conclusion is that they're primarily fumarates of some other alkaloids, and if there is any DMT fumarate in them, it's at relatively low concentrations.

I'm wondering what to do with them. What would be the best way to separate any DMT that might be in the extracts from the 'baddies'? I'm assuming it would be some kind of A/B (i.e. the first step would be to dissolve them in water and base them), that's why I'm posting it in this section.

The Phalaris FASI saltings came from crude IPA pulls, so there is potentially a lot of stuff in there. The Acacia FASI saltings came from IPA pulls on an extract resulting from limonene pulls and vinegar saltings evaporated.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

pete666
#2 Posted : 8/12/2019 7:36:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would dissolve in water, basify by NaOH to pH 12-13 and pull with hot (80C) heptane (or naptha). Decant heptane, let cool down to room temp for 2-3 hours, then to the fridge for 8 hours and then to the freezer for 12-24 hours. It's hard to say how much dmt is there though, so the amount of heptane is questionable. Some reduction may be needed to get crystals.
More pulls with less heptane may (will) be necessary to get everything out.
Of course if hot heptane takes too many impurities, let it cool down to lower temp before decanting. It leaves many impurities behind.
Repeated re-x may be necessary to get required purity.

Nonetheless, I don't have any experience with phalaris or acacia, so maybe someone more experienced in that area may advise better method.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Jagube
#3 Posted : 8/14/2019 11:07:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I think I'll try this first:

- Dissolve in water
- Base with ammonia to pH 12+
- Wait for it to settle and collect fb if any

Since my extract is already devoid of plant gunk, it should work, right?

pete666
#4 Posted : 8/14/2019 3:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any experience with that and I would be in doubts this would work. I am not a chemist though Smile

Check this post

Mindlusion wrote:
People have tried using ammonia solution to freebase DMT, but it isn't a strong enough base on it's own to freebase DMT and pull with naphtha.

The pH of standard ammonia is about 11

Although here is another opinion. So hard to tell. Solubility of ammonium fumarate in water doesn't seem to be very high, so take it into account too.

endlessness wrote:
It should most definitely react, maybe its just not a very obvious reaction visibly? Or maybe there wasnt enough water involved?

fumaric acid with ammonia should form ammonium fumarate... and if there`s dmt, that should become freebase.

I bet if you dissolve your dmt fumarates in water first, then add the ammonia to the solution, it should work, you should see some cloudiness forming. Then leave the solution for 3-5 days in the fridge and you should have your precipitated dmt freebase.

I suggest you take a look at the BLAB tek in the wiki for the fumarate to freebase slow water conversion, you can use sodium carbonate, and since the dmt will precipitate from the water which you will filter away, you wont have any significant sodium carbonate leftover in your dmt

Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.