We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Magic Mushroom Growers Guide Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 8/11/2019 6:13:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to grow mushrooms. I know very little. Is this book a good place to start?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 8/11/2019 6:25:31 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The methodology in there is pretty outdated. It will work, but we've come a long way in the 5 decades since that book was published.

For a good beginner cake style tek I'd recommend going with the classic pf tek or something like the v tek (my personal favorite).

If you want to jump right into bulk Kungpow's guide is excellent.

If you want to get really in depth check out Stamet's The Mushroom Cultivator.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

FranLover
#3 Posted : 8/11/2019 11:56:10 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Of little use=) the shroomery has everything u need. besides all u need to know is the pf tek, and with one colonized pf tek jar you can make hundreds of jars.

With jars you just crumble the colonized cakes, add a substrate like sterilized coco coir (as easy as boiling a brick) and thats a bulk grow...or put them in small trays whatever.

If not u can do a fruiting chamber; once cakes are fully colonized (2-3 weeks from inoculation) get them out of the jar and place in a monotub or whatever plastic box, put perlite in the box, mist and fan as often as possible or regulate the humidity and air necesary in another way.

Youll have your first flush in that same week. One flush is like 5g dried of shrooms. each cake gives 3-5 flushes. Always mist and fan and it keeps fruting till it cant no more and goes old and crumbles, lifeless.

If you are afraid of making BRF jars (brown rice flour with vermiculite, water, place in jars and sterilize in big pot with water at the bottom but not touching the jars for 60min or 90 with the lid of the pot close; done! youve made jars) they are sold sterilized 12 for 40 bucks. just get a syringe and inoculate those while u learn what you are doing. Those 12 jars can be reused once u take the cakes out.

So what do u need to get started? a spore syringe and BRF jar.

If you do grab a spore syringe , make liquid mycelium with it (only take 1cc of the 10cc in the syringe) so that you can make several syringes from a jar of liquid mycelium and it makes for faster colonization. From one jar of liquid mycelium you can make hundreds of LC jars so basically buying more than one syringe is a waste of money (unless you want to have different strains, which we all do)

Have fun Tony! Its the most rewarding thing evaaah
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 8/12/2019 1:31:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys!! I will let you know how it goes!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#5 Posted : 8/13/2019 5:34:08 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

You can also get spore prints from a reputable friend who grows, but I’m guessing that’s not possible as they would probably show you some tips and you wouldn’t be here asking for advice. I had a failed attempt last year. I believe I fought the elements and lost. Everything was great until fruiting. They just never popped. I have forced hot air, and I started during the winter, so I couldn’t keep the humidity high enough. I would spray the whole tub down and get humidity up to 99%, and within an hour it would be back down to 50 or 60%. I couldn’t keep up. ‘‘Twas a bummer

Edit: after I posted this I realized that may cross the sourcing line. I will take down if so
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers