We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT Trip/Brain operation(Hertz) Options

polytrip
#21 Posted : 12/3/2008 3:09:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
If there is any way in wich you can detect a frequency, whether it's by hearing it or by feeling it, it is translated into an electrical pattern somehow, simply because you're aware of it, so the brain has registrated it.
There's a whole lot of tadieda circulating on the internet about brainwaves, but i believe that it's not al that pseudoscientifical at all.
I meditate a lot and i do not imagine the effects it has on me. They are too dramatic.
The string theory part mentioned is pure speculation, and there is nothing wrong with that, since this is a DMT forum and not the 'scientific american' or something (wich sometimes is filled with rather speculative articles as well b.t.w.).
Brainwave theories often make sense to me. It's not such a strange thought that slower brainwaves are more synchronized and therefore have all kinds of beneficial effects. Anyway, meditation has beneficial effects and meditation affects brainwaves. We may not know exactly how it works, but you can simply try it; roll up your eyeballs, relax your muscles and use low breathing instead of breathing with the chest and repeat a mantra, anything you like. At some moment, and usually this is within a minute, you will notice something.
With DMT, meditation has even more spectacular effects. Jorkest will probably agree with me that it's often as dramatic as taking another hit. It often has this 'katapulting-effect' on me; woosh!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#22 Posted : 12/3/2008 3:19:24 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

polytrip wrote:
If there is any way in wich you can detect a frequency, whether it's by hearing it or by feeling it, it is translated into an electrical pattern somehow, simply because you're aware of it, so the brain has registrated it.

You are right about that, if you hear something at a certain frequency perts of your brain will be firing at a similar frequency. Certainly the neurons of the hearing centre(s) and anything else associated with hearing because this si how the information is served to them. Little by little, pulse after pulse.

But what about those frequencies below 20Hz? We do not hear them at all. And true, the brain could use other sensory systems to register them. But our whole environment is literally littered of such low mechanical frequencies, there has to be loads of noise out there. But still very interesting topic that certainly needs to be further investigated properly.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#23 Posted : 12/3/2008 4:37:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i have listened to sounds below 100hz and they start to get very...well quiet..so what you would do to HEAR these new frequencies is to use a tone at 100hz..and then in the other ear you put in 104hz..and you WILL hear a 4hz sound INSIDE your head..that is how you get the 4hz..because you most certainly cant hear it through your ears

and yes it is quite dramatic..SWIM has used theta frequencies while on 2ce a few times...and what happened was he kept waking up..every 5 minutes or so...but he would never remember falling asleep...he woke up a good dozen times in the course of an hour..it was extremely strange...he was only ever aware of waking..

another way you can make this work is to use light..you can flash certain pulses of light into your eyes and get the same effect...you can also create multiple window frequencies by putting two tones in your brain..from each side..so on one side you may put 100hz and 110hz..on the other side you could put in 104hz and 120hz...the resulting frequencies are 4hz 6hz 10hz and 20hz....haha not exactly sure what it does..but then you can add a Bio-Tuner which bathes your brain in over 500 harmonic frequencies..and then use light stimulation..and once your brain is all prepared..take a massive hit of spice..and the effects are quite something..it seems to stabilize the vision...makes everything very defined..

just like walking into a new room
it's a sound

Jorkest
#24 Posted : 12/3/2008 4:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

that might be over doing it a little bit your first few times working with these devices..so start out slow and learn what the effects are

a book i recommend if you are really interested in using these mind machines with psychedelics is 'Into The Void' by Zoe7 or ZoeSeven

this guy got reallly good at using these techniques to enter alternate realities and meet up with other probably 'Hims'

its quite the crazy book..but its AWESOME
it's a sound

DePayne
#25 Posted : 12/19/2008 5:31:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Please forgive an inaugural post from someone who hasn't even read the rules, yet Very happy

The problem – as I see it – using binaural encoding/entrainment (BEE) to influence a spice journey, is twofold: first, that the entrainment effect lags behind the perception of diminishing frequency binaural sounds by some minutes; and – secondly – that the effect of this lagging transition downward in frequency is increasingly pronounced if the variance from the initial brainwave state is too great or arrived at too abruptly. In simpler terms: if you figure a 20 minute trip, and your normal, waking state is – like most people’s – operating in the Beta frequency levels, then you can’t expect binaural audio encoded at Theta to bring your brainwaves in line for several minutes (this lag effect has not been accurately time-mapped, to my knowledge) - and so it wouldn't work quickly enough. During only 15-20 minutes, the variance from Beta (30 Hz) to Theta (<7 Hz) is too great; and – in my experience – an incongruency at those level would be ignored – or even resisted/repelled – by the brain (“I can’t listen to this droning crap!”). The transition from Beta to Theta has to be relatively slow – like over 20-30 minutes. To do it right you’d need ayahuasca or another, longer-duration tryptamine. I have done this last, in fact, with very positive results.

In my own binaural project, I primarily had three considerations: couldn’t be boring, couldn’t disrupt my ‘normal operating’ head beyond the period of use, and that it had to transcend the merely mechanical (i.e. – be pleasing both creatively and aesthetically, to me). And I was testing for efficacy, or I would have included “has to work”. I satisfied the first condition – not be boring – by including music throughout, and – in order to not contradict the second of my conditions – that it not mess with my head afterwards – I chose Erik Satie’s compositions, because he intended them to be “furniture music” (that is, music that could be readily ignored). And they are that. His works – which are odd and kinda eerie – lack any real tonic chords, melodies, or mnemonic “hooks” to easily register in the listener’s memory. They are like "anti-jingles". That way I wouldn’t risk whistling the tuneage all frikkin’ day, after a week or so of trials. And – thirdly – that it be some sort of artistic experience, rather than the droning, monotonous static that some of the Brainwave Synchronizers and their ilk tend to exhibit.

What I arrived at, after some years of tweaking, is an aural account of the journey of a rainstorm across the globe - departing as shower from a forest in South Carolina; trickling and cascading along a river and through the jungles of the Amazon; falling steadily into Lake Victoria, in Kenya; forming a thunderstorm in the skies above Dondra Head, Sri Lanka; and - finally - as waves breaking against a storm-washed waterfront, in Nice, France. The entire composition is intended to be thematically arranged, and various points of brainwave activity are positioned to correspond with both the ambient, environmental sounds, and with the musical underscoring. The encoding begins at 30 hz (Beta), decreases linearly (in a nearly straight line) over the first half/first two "phases"; then drops within the Theta range (7Hz to 4Hz) through the final two phases, beginning just as the 7th Satie piece starts (the only one not on piano). The encoding is layered in multiple ways: to soften the binaural effect; to counteract unwanted effects (e.g. - Beta is layered over a separate track of Alpha encoding, since using Beta encodes unaccompanied has been suggested to cause anxiety and such); and to provide a "spike" - a separate track/layer using 20 seconds of High Alpha - to trigger a brief pseudo-awakening from the base-level Theta. During the ordinary sleep cycle, emergence into Alpha provides for the recollection of dreams experienced during the shallow sleep state (where Theta predominates) – and I wanted to duplicate this brief, pre-conscious cusp; and thus - possibly - to permit “storage” of the experience, for later recall and consideration. This spike takes advantage of the flip-side of the lagging entrainment effect mentioned above, as there is almost no lag, for ascending frequencies (ie - a beta frequency encoded sound will wake your ass up quick, disoriented, and in a cold sweat).

A chart of this audio piece is attached to this message.

I have also recently become aware of the works of Michael Winkelman, in setting up my own project of using BEE to influence psychedelic effects, as he describes the importance of Theta waves at the Global Psychedelic Forum in March of this year, thusly:
{himself initially quoting “Toward a Psychobiology of Transcendence:. God in the Brain,” (Arnold Mandell, 1980); and/or “The Psychobiology of Consciousness” (Davidson and Davidson, 1980)}:
Quote:
"...'you look at all these different ways of inducing altered states of consciousness, they all basically do the same thing. They produce these synchronized Theta waves'. And it turns out Thetas is a very unique kind of signature wave in the brain. It is never predominate except in altered states of consciousness, it shows up sporadically in dream states... [...] So what this Theta wave production represents is the circuitry that links the paleomammalian brain - the limbic brain...with the reptilian brain...so you've basically got this circuitry that runs between the emotional brain and the behavioral brain; and it's serotonergic circuitry. [...] so it integrates our unconscious into the conscious, and it basically provides a synchronized experience, in terms of the two halves of our frontal cortex...and what altered states of consciousness do is not only synchronize the frontal cortex, it basically make the frontal cortex pay attention to what's happening in the rest of the brain... [Psychonautica Episode 62 - 36:21.849 to 37:58.436]

Winkelman also writes of Theta waves [from “Shamanism as Neurotheology and Evolutionary Psychology”, in August 2002’s edition of American Behavioral Scientist - available online (as a single paper), at
http://www.scribd.com/do...hology-MICHAEL-WINKELMAN

Quote:
Diverse procedures for inducing ASCs share physiological commonalities (Mandell, 1980; Winkelman, 1992, 1996, 1997, 2000). This normal brain response is reflected in synchronized brainwave patterns in the theta (3-6 cycles per second[cps]) and slow alpha (6-8 cps) range produced by activation of the limbic brain’s serotonergic circuits to the lower brain. This results in synchronous brainwave discharges across the neuraxis (the nerve bundles linking the hierarchical strata of the brain). These slow wave discharges produce strongly coherent brainwave patterns that synchronize the frontal areas of the brain, integrating nonverbal information into the frontal cortex and producing insight. [online pg 6, print pg 1880]

Wherein he infers the Entrainment phenomenon’s likely mechanism as a ‘mimetic operator’ – that is, as a function of music – described by Winkelman, thusly:

Quote:
Music induces the theta and alpha brainwave patterns characteristic of ASCs and promotes group cohesion by enhancing synchrony, coordination, and cooperation among group members. Music enhances mutual cognitive and emotional expression through mimesis, the unique human ability to entrain the body to external rhythms, including imitation and dancing. [online, pg 6-7, print pgs 1880-1881]

It is my opinion that the shamanic use of trance/dance/rhythm/chanting is one critical piece of the experiential psychedelic puzzle that is sorely absent for the average stoner. And sound is an omnipresent element of that piece, whether one considers ASC’s link with sound through the etymology/provenance of the modern term "buzzed"; in the sense of spiritual devotees chanting the sacred "Aum" in ecstatic, transcendent unison; or in the account of Dennis McKenna going seemingly batshit crazy on the banks of the Rio Putumayo, after daring to emit a particular, sustained tone whilst tripping heavily on cubensis mushrooms.

I believe sound is one way to induce alterations in brainwave activity, and that binaural encoding is one way to exploit this connection.

My audio is just a pet project, but I would be very interested in hearing any experiences in the use of this audio – whether positive, neutral, or negative – from fellow trippers. It is available for download (after a BS, 60 second nag delay) as a 192 CBR kbps, 99 MB, 70-minute mp3 file at:

http://www.turboupload.com/files/get/US609zUy61/reign-oer-me-192-441-002.mp3

And my explanatory notes – of both BEE and this particular audio file – are available as Word 97-2003 documents and Adobe pdf files at

Binaural Encoding / Entrainment (BEE); document and pdf

“Reign Oer Me”, Binaurally Encoded Audio with description and timeline; document and pdf

Thanks in advance for any feedback/responses –and for tolerating such a long, first screed from a newbie! Pleased

dp

"On the other hand, you have different fingers"
DePayne attached the following image(s):
satie_chart.jpg (268kb) downloaded 121 time(s).

goddard
#26 Posted : 7/29/2019 4:26:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

started in that into the void book..really interesting stuff

makes me think of the seth material and jane roberts

thanks

great stuff
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
― Hermes Trismegistus

fathomlessness
#27 Posted : 8/6/2019 4:37:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heres an EEG of a DMT trip put up here a while back.
fathomlessness attached the following image(s):
trip eeg.jpg (332kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

Northerner
#28 Posted : 8/6/2019 4:48:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there more information about the that EEG fathomless?

It would be interesting to know the dosage, time line and other variables.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

sbios
#29 Posted : 8/6/2019 2:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I read it correctly, the time line shows the first 40 seconds duration. I'm guess it's the initial intake of spice from the 10s to 20s where we see a lot of activities, but what's interesting is the vibrations before and after the 10s-20s are quite different.

Northerner
#30 Posted : 8/7/2019 3:48:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

See it doesn't really add up that much, that's why further info would be needed.
One would think there's at least several minutes of intense brain activity after taking DMT, which is not what we're seeing on this example.
So many questions, not enough data.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

fathomlessness
#31 Posted : 8/9/2019 7:59:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
Is there more information about the that EEG fathomless?

yeah sorry, i was pushed for time. Here is the original threads/s, please lmk what you end up finding out.

https://www.reddit.com/r...ments/1897hs/eeg_of_dmt/

http://www.maps.org/news...ters/v11n1/11125hof.html

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=71180

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=460621#post460621

dragonrider
#32 Posted : 8/9/2019 7:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But look at those gamma waves. Even after the first 20 seconds.

Many people seem to believe that lower frequencies are somehow more spiritual or something.

But i think that is too simplistic. Gamma waves and the lower frequencies are probably related in some way. During REM sleep the brain produces both a lot of theta and delta, very low frequencies, as well as a lot of gamma, wich are the highest frequencies.

Meditation also increases gamma, as well as lower frequencies.

Maybe, under normal conditions, when brainfunctions are not being affected by a psychedelic drug, the lower frequencies are enabling the brain to produce gamma waves. Because one thimg that is typical of gamma waves, is that they are highly synchronised throughout the brain.

dreamer042
#33 Posted : 8/10/2019 8:20:25 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I really think this is the key to why DMT is so damn weird.

EEG and MEG are fairly crude. It's a bit like recording a symphony from across the street from the concert hall. You catch the overall cacophony of the sound the but individual neural oscillations and their acoustics and resonance patterns are largely drowned out. I'm hoping with improved bandwidth and fidelity from emerging brain machine interface technologies we can get delve deeper into this level of the experience.

Nikola Tesla wrote:
If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

PREV12