We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca brew with Caapi resin, tannin content? Options

Yugambeh
#1 Posted : 8/6/2019 11:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m going to do my first brew in a couple of weeks.

I have 50g Chaliponga and 5g Caapi resin extract 30:1.

I was going to use Tregar’s easy Ayahuasca filtering method for the leaves, is there a lot of tannin in
the Caapi resin extract? Or should I just filter the leaves and mix in the Caapi resin at the end
after the filtration?

I cannot find much information regarding Caapi resin.

Thanks

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Legarto Rey
#2 Posted : 8/7/2019 12:21:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Likely, you've enough caapi resin for 2 doses and enough chali for 4 doses. Add the caapi resin to leaf/root tea AFTER it's been filtered/reduced.

Peace

Yugambeh
#3 Posted : 8/7/2019 8:18:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I was going to use the Caapi for 2 doses and Chali for 4 doses or more, I might start
with 5g Chali as this is my first journey with the brew.

But I should filter the Caapi too? Even if it’s resin? Just clarifyingSmile

Thanks

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Yugambeh
#4 Posted : 8/8/2019 7:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:
Likely, you've enough caapi resin for 2 doses and enough chali for 4 doses. Add the caapi resin to leaf/root tea AFTER it's been filtered/reduced.

Peace

Yes I was going to use the Caapi for 2 doses and Chali for 4 doses or more, I might start
with 5g Chali as this is my first journey with the brew.

But should I filter the Caapi too? Even if it’s resin? Just clarifyingSmile

Thanks

/Y

Jagube
#5 Posted : 8/8/2019 11:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:

Peace

It may not even be enough caapi for one dose. Resins / pastes / extracts from the Amazon are made from fresh vine and not necessarily very efficiently. 5 g 30:1 is equivalent to 150 g fresh vine. With the resins I've worked with, I needed more like 400-500 g (whereas with tea I cooked myself from dried vine, I needed 1/10 that). But if you're lucky your resin may be more potent.

The chali should be enough for 5 - 10 doses.

Don't filter the resin.

Yugambeh
#6 Posted : 8/9/2019 6:25:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Legarto Rey wrote:

Peace

It may not even be enough caapi for one dose. Resins / pastes / extracts from the Amazon are made from fresh vine and not necessarily very efficiently. 5 g 30:1 is equivalent to 150 g fresh vine. With the resins I've worked with, I needed more like 400-500 g (whereas with tea I cooked myself from dried vine, I needed 1/10 that). But if you're lucky your resin may be more potent.

The chali should be enough for 5 - 10 doses.

Don't filter the resin.

This is the information from the supplier:

“This 30x resin extract of Banisteriopsis Caupuri or Boa Caapi is collected and prepared using traditional methods by indigenous people living in the Ecuadorian Amazon. Caupuri is a variety of banisteriopsis caapi that is distinguished by swollen/enlarged nodes that look like sections of knotted rope.”

I have another 10g of 30:1 yellow Caapi resin soon so I can use some of it too in the brew.

/Y