CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Documentary: A Western Approach Options
 
Metanoia
#1 Posted : 9/8/2016 10:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1817
Joined: 22-Jan-2009
Last visit: 13-Jan-2018
Location: Riding the Aurora Borealis
I'm kickin' myself in the butt for not posting this earlier...but better late than never Smile

This documentary is something very close to my heart, not just because it's about Salvia, but because I've followed the making of it for the last few years and the story of those who helped make it finally come to fruition is an inspiring tale in itself.

You can still donate to the gofundme page, for those interested. I hesitated posting this because I didn't want it to seem like that is the only reason...but if you read the story on that page and look at their facebook page as well you'll see why I feel it's a good cause Thumbs up

Here's a trailer/reel from this upcoming documentary. I think it's going to be momentous and an important take on the modern uses/views of this wonderful plant ally.

https://vimeo.com/57677610

Here's their official website where you can donate. http://salviamovie.com/

Please take a look and donate a few bucks if you can! I know the Nexus community has some fellow Salvia enthusiasts currently active Wink Much love! <3
 

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.
 
clouds
#2 Posted : 8/8/2019 3:31:05 AM

Human


Posts: 791
Joined: 28-Nov-2009
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
anyone knows where could we watch this?
 
RoundAbout
#3 Posted : 8/8/2019 4:22:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 106
Joined: 19-Nov-2018
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
Interesting. They're hoping to release it by the end of summer. Status update here: https://twitter.com/SalviaMovie/status/1149325459034796033?s=20
 
RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 8/8/2019 4:37:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 698
Joined: 12-Mar-2010
Last visit: 21-Sep-2019
Location: Urf
"Salvia of today is not Salvia of our shamans"

This sums up my main point about Salvia, the point that I adamantly tell people until they understand it, because it is important.

Because I have smoked Salvia 100s of times and chewed it tens of times, and know the difference well.

Smoked extracts are to Salvia leaf as crack cocaine is to coca leaf. You get it?

Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

Looks like a great movie.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken
 
clouds
#5 Posted : 8/8/2019 12:44:27 PM

Human


Posts: 791
Joined: 28-Nov-2009
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
RhythmSpring wrote:
"Salvia of today is not Salvia of our shamans"

This sums up my main point about Salvia, the point that I adamantly tell people until they understand it, because it is important.

Because I have smoked Salvia 100s of times and chewed it tens of times, and know the difference well.

Smoked extracts are to Salvia leaf as crack cocaine is to coca leaf. You get it?

Anyway, sorry for the tangent.

Looks like a great movie.


so basically you have smoked crack cocaine hundreds of time and now you advise against it instead of letting people figure it out
 
Ferrum
#6 Posted : 8/9/2019 2:51:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 49
Joined: 16-May-2019
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
I think he is saying it just like that except he's not saying let people figure it out .

Especially since why not educate some folks about the most powerful natural psychedelic compound ever found to be used respectfully verses child's play in the dark ?

Sure everyone could let others figure it out but is that responsible ?

The shamans who introduced salvia liken smoked salvia to burning your own children .

But by the post I can't really tell completely so who knows


 
RhythmSpring
#7 Posted : 8/9/2019 10:20:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 698
Joined: 12-Mar-2010
Last visit: 21-Sep-2019
Location: Urf
Ferrum wrote:
The shamans who introduced salvia liken smoked salvia to burning your own children .

Oof. Do you have a source on that?

"Letting people figure it out" can have bad consequences.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken
 
rOm
#8 Posted : 8/9/2019 11:08:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1955
Joined: 20-Nov-2009
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
I found vaporized salvia divinorum somewhat neat. Extract in GVG. But prolly also raw leaves as opposed to smoked in bong like.
I'd like to watch this documentary but just find trailer.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !
 
RoundAbout
#9 Posted : 8/9/2019 3:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 106
Joined: 19-Nov-2018
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
RhythmSpring wrote:
"Salvia of today is not Salvia of our shamans"

This sums up my main point about Salvia, the point that I adamantly tell people until they understand it, because it is important.

Because I have smoked Salvia 100s of times and chewed it tens of times, and know the difference well.

Smoked extracts are to Salvia leaf as crack cocaine is to coca leaf. You get it?


The DMT of today is not the DMT of shamans either, and this seems more analogous than smoking crack in many ways. No, I don't get it. Why crack, stigma?

Could you please tell us until we understand, as you say you do... clearly your statement has led to confusion but you didn't address it.
 
rOm
#10 Posted : 8/9/2019 3:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1955
Joined: 20-Nov-2009
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
Ah yes Hippie crack, or same for Cannabis oil extract being dabbed then.
I think RythmSPring got somewhat traumatized by abusing smoked salvia extract 100X more and now feels like it is as good as smoking crack or meth. Seriously I vape it and am happier with it than just smoking it and feeling wierd or entities attacked.
Also ketamine if called the "psychedelic heroin" if you go this way RythmSpring.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !
 
Ferrum
#11 Posted : 8/10/2019 3:00:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 49
Joined: 16-May-2019
Last visit: 22-Sep-2019
RhythmSpring wrote:
Ferrum wrote:
The shamans who introduced salvia liken smoked salvia to burning your own children .

Oof. Do you have a source on that?

"Letting people figure it out" can have bad consequences.


I do , but I'm far too busy to go dig it based on disbelief and im not saying that you are in disbelief either I'm just saying I'm not a liar . I'm not being hostile towards you I promise a lot can be read wrong in a post ,I'm only stating the truth of what I've read on the Mexican shamans personal accounts of people smoking salvia based on their religion , take it for what it's worth . If your curious about it look up Maria Sabinas account on finding out folks were smoking salvia before she passed. It may have been her quote specifically if I'm not mistaken .

I for one believe it is personal and highly respected by the elders of the area it originates from and in someways feel the same . Psychedelics in general , all of them I feel , should be respected . Of course we re human , and when i was younger I def threw cation to the wind . Just not anymore . This is personal and I feel if someone else wants to smoke salvia then that's of course on them .

But there is a difference In the experience just like smoking dmt is a lot different than a ayahuasca experience .

But I don't smoke salvia anymore , I like to extract it and quid that or chew leaves or sometimes just eat the bitter leaves . And I think the high extracts aren't very good for anyone verses say a complex with salvinorin a Taken orally . It's just better to learn and remember from and not have so much of an overload but I also understand not everyone has access to that quality of salvia as well so I understand why it's smoked so much verses chewing or a complex salvinorin combination.
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest (2)

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.023 seconds.