We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Being a New Member is a Huge Activation Barrier to Full Participation Options

SimonJester44
#1 Posted : 8/4/2019 4:55:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Being a New Member is a Huge Activation Barrier to Full Participation....

I'm sure there are reasons.....but did I literally spend 2 hours on that questionnaire for nothing?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 8/4/2019 5:01:50 AM

Don't Panic

It's a mixture of your questionnaire answers and posting unique questions and answers in the forum. Jumping on the chat and talking to people, if they are around, is also a good way to get promoted.

People have to vote for you, so you gotta stand out from the crowd.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 8/4/2019 5:30:48 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

SimonJester44 wrote:
Being a New Member is a Huge Activation Barrier to Full Participation....

I'm sure there are reasons.....but did I literally spend 2 hours on that questionnaire for nothing?

The questionnaire really just demonstrates your willingness to do individual research, and hopefully teaches you a few harm reduction skills and a bit about the community attitude along the way.

Being a new member really doesn't negate participation at all, yes you are limited to where you can post, but you are welcome to reference any other thread in your welcome area posts and you can post whatever you want at any time in the welcome area.

Really though, and this is something I hope other new members catch as well, you are probably much better off spending your time writing a good introduction essay and participating in forum discussions, since this is what most of the membership will be casting their vote on. The questionnaire is really just for fun and education, it's not the major factor in votes for promotion.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

FranLover
#4 Posted : 8/4/2019 5:59:14 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

huge activation barrier? Shocked whats that? xD If you mean that it distances you from participating that is not true, as you can post on any thread and leave your oppinions=) and if u wantes to make a thread you can
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Soccrates
#5 Posted : 8/4/2019 7:25:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
huge activation barrier? Shocked whats that? xD If you mean that it distances you from participating that is not true, as you can post on any thread and leave your oppinions=) and if u wantes to make a thread you can

I agree. I was salty about it too. But then I got to have basically exactly the conversation I thought would be prevented.

I suppose we are limited in who will be responding to the noob forums, but it doesn't really seem to be the case.

Himnish
#6 Posted : 8/4/2019 5:32:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a problem with the questionnaire. Perhaps because I was trying to answer it on my mobile there was some glitch whereby it kept asking me the same question 2 or 3 times. I thought, "Wow, this odd!", but would simply research then answer the questions as they appeared. When I later logged onto my acct via my laptop I could see that answers had in some cases been recorded for the wrong questions! Anyway, it was frustrating. I attribute it to some quirk between my mobile browser and the mobile version of the site.

Now I'm having a separate unrelated issue. I forgot my password! And apparently the security question I used is some damn riddle that I have forgotten. It must've seemed clever to me at the time. It's my fault for not writing this stuff down, password, security question/answer. Luckily I have stayed logged into the nexus on my mobile. Of course to reset my password I either need to enter the old one first or answer this damn riddle of a security question that I dreamt up (why couldn't I ask myself my first pet's name like a normal person?!).
Crying or very sad

Does anyone know if there is a link to contact admin and get a password reset link sent to my registered email address? I wish I were logged into the nexus on my laptop rather than my mobile because that version seems more expansive with more options. I have several experience reports that I'd like to post, but am hesitant until I get this technical issue resolved. Maybe I'll have some free time to investigate the issue today ...hopefully!
🙏🏼 🕉 📿 🔱
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
om̐ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ

WarpedDimension
#7 Posted : 8/4/2019 6:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Himnish wrote:
I had a problem with the questionnaire. Perhaps because I was trying to answer it on my mobile there was some glitch whereby it kept asking me the same question 2 or 3 times. I thought, "Wow, this odd!", but would simply research then answer the questions as they appeared. When I later logged onto my acct via my laptop I could see that answers had in some cases been recorded for the wrong questions! Anyway, it was frustrating. I attribute it to some quirk between my mobile browser and the mobile version of the site.

Now I'm having a separate unrelated issue. I forgot my password! And apparently the security question I used is some damn riddle that I have forgotten. It must've seemed clever to me at the time. It's my fault for not writing this stuff down, password, security question/answer. Luckily I have stayed logged into the nexus on my mobile. Of course to reset my password I either need to enter the old one first or answer this damn riddle of a security question that I dreamt up (why couldn't I ask myself my first pet's name like a normal person?!).
Crying or very sad

Does anyone know if there is a link to contact admin and get a password reset link sent to my registered email address? I wish I were logged into the nexus on my laptop rather than my mobile because that version seems more expansive with more options. I have several experience reports that I'd like to post, but am hesitant until I get this technical issue resolved. Maybe I'll have some free time to investigate the issue today ...hopefully!

I had similar issue and ended up having to create a whole new handle... DOH!! *facepalm* Surprised

I had like 1500 posts on my other account...
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

Himnish
#8 Posted : 8/4/2019 7:50:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YouAreWeAmI wrote:
ended up having to create a whole new handle...

Yikes! I'd hate to do that because I actually put some time and effort into my introductory essay and I guess I'd just have to copy it.

Did you have any issues with your email address already being registered? When you set up second acct you didn't get a refusal msg saying something like "that email address already has an account"?

I wish they could just send a password reset link to my email. Maybe I should just join another site. I'm primarily interested in aya, cimora, bastantri and other natural entheogens. Maybe someday I'll be interested in pursuing extraction, which seems to be really prevalent on this site. I have a friend with a chem degree, so someday... maybe...
🙏🏼 🕉 📿 🔱
om̐ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ

Jega
#9 Posted : 8/4/2019 8:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't and won't be completing the questionnaire. Hasn't stopped me contributing to threads in the slightest.

Himnish
#10 Posted : 8/4/2019 11:17:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jega wrote:
I haven't and won't be completing the questionnaire. Hasn't stopped me contributing to threads in the slightest.

Yeah, I gave up on it, but as I mentioned this was because of some kind of technical glitch that I suspect is attributable to the interface between my mobile browser and the mobile version of the site. Maybe on the desktop version I'll be able to complete it via my laptop. I do like doing research and learning new things, but the questionnaire is not a priority for me.

That's a minor issue for me. I'm mostly concerned about my problem with the password and security question. If I accidentally get logged out on my mobile then I guess I am just locked out of this account permanently... Morale of the story is I should always write down passwords and security questions/answers especially for sites/accounts that I don't use on a daily basis Neutral
🙏🏼 🕉 📿 🔱
om̐ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ

Northerner
#11 Posted : 8/4/2019 11:55:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Himnish wrote:

On the desktop version the is a "forgot password" button on the login page to recover your account.

The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Achilles
#12 Posted : 8/5/2019 11:15:40 AM

I is the obstacle.

If you guys want promotions post genuine experience reports or do your research and answer some questions for others. I usually look through the questionnaire to see if the individual really tried to do the research and hope they at least did 20. If not though I also look at number of posts to see how active you are. And from there I read your post to see if your being polite, genuine, and trying to mind the attitude page. If you want full membership to an organization. You gotta try to get to know the community. Good luck fellas Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 8/5/2019 2:38:59 PM

Dreamoar

Send a message to The Traveler to recover/reset your password. He is a busy bee and only gets to log in at the weekend usually and not every weekend either, so be patient in waiting for a reply.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Mushroom Whisperer
#14 Posted : 8/5/2019 2:59:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why do you even care? The only reason you probably want to become a full member is because you're not a full member lol. It doesn't even matter.. Just use shroomery.org if you want more options..

Mushroom Whisperer
#15 Posted : 8/5/2019 3:17:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not saying this site isn't cool. All I'm saying is that there's more important things you should be focusing on lol. Learn the piano or jiu jitsu instead Laughing ..

dreamer042
#16 Posted : 8/6/2019 1:22:18 AM

Dreamoar

Mushroom Whisperer wrote:
I'm not saying this site isn't cool. All I'm saying is that there's more important things you should be focusing on lol. Learn the piano or jiu jitsu instead Laughing ..

Or pursuing something on the long long list of collaborative research projects:

Quantifying alkaloid content of various cactus strains and their growing conditions
TLC testing wild plants in the Fabaceae and Poaceae family for tryptamines and beta carbolines
Doping mushroom substrate with sythetic compounds to see what novel analogues are created
Long cooking Pegamun harmala and sampling at various intervals to check for THH conversion
Cataloguing and indexing the academic research paper threads
Writing an article for the Nexian sister site
Giving away seeds on the Share the Seeds sister site
Repeating any previous experiment on the forum to elaborate the dataset
Create beautiful artwork or music and share it with the community

That's just off the top of my head, the amount of possible contributions is limitless and if you happen to make such a contribution I expect it would very much hasten the amount of time it takes to get promoted. Thumbs up

Mushroom Whisperer
#17 Posted : 8/6/2019 1:36:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Did you take that to heart Laughing ? The point I was trying to make is that it's not worth getting upset over lol. I think you should just be yourself and if that doesn't get you promoted so be it.