We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone ever see "the machine"? Options

Implants
#1 Posted : 8/18/2007 6:26:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.nytimes.com/2...amp;amp;exprod=permalink I had one trip on a high dose of mushrooms, where i was in "the machine" I wouldnt call it a bad trip nearly as much as i would call it unbelievably terrifying. I hate thinking about it, i wish i couldnt even remember it at all honestly. Im assuming other people have seen it, im assuming the floyd song is in reference to it but not sure. It wouldnt have bothered me as much if i had been able to see inside the machine while on a chemical like DPT of ketamine, but i really didnt expect it from the mushrooms. Oh well, im going to try to sleep and not think about this tonight, enjoy the article and post some thoughts/experiences you sexy people.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

breakstuff
#2 Posted : 9/30/2007 2:06:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know what you mean Ive had a vision before of a giant sphere with many bands of energy reaching from it to other spheres, it appeared to be a kinda network through which information or energy was passed. On a strong dose of mush I also had the feeling like I was in a cosmic waiting room, people were appearing seemingly from other dimensions to tour my zoo like cage, but it was just the neighbors seeing the girls new house. This senior aged Mexican woman, maybe 50 years old, came from next door into the living room and pulled a chair from along the wall. She seated herself right in the middle of the room and sat before me completely motionless, legs sideways in her chair, hands clasped in her lap, as if she were posing for a painting. She started to appear more and more like a rich oil painting, I remember Dali coming to mind, and her image began to speak to me. This seems normal I guess, but how often are you confronted by a stranger in such a silent way and are in an intense stare with them for what lasted about 5 minutes. My heart was racing faster and I began to forget all about the horror of the possibility I was in limbo and had already died. Her face spoke to me about the past, I saw her ancestors, I saw the faces of the woman that lived before her, the women that gave her life, and gave us all life. I understood the pain that living implies, all of the sorrow and suffering, faintly dotted with intense moments of joy. So I equate both of those experiences with what you call the machine...the vision of energy networks symbolizing how all our minds are connected in one mechanistic flow of energy and the terror I was faced with in confronting the disturbing reality that our lives do no belong to us, but rather our fates have already been cast and we are just our own ghostly memories in a cosmic limbo. My philosophy is more organic than what is proposed in the article, but still similar in some ways. For example, the idea of simulation upon simulations is something I do believe in, but not in the computer generated sense. It is in the mind generated sense. I believe that our dreams are just simulations, but they do have a very important purpose. Now don't laugh when you read this but the ultimate goal of "all minds" is to be able to predict the future in order to preserve itself. Now this is strange...because it means that all minds plural are working to save any one of its kind. Predicting the future is not the best way to express what I mean, but it is absolutely implied. Its really about communication, the next step in our evolution is to break down the barriers of space and communicate telepathically, or more plausibly empathetically. Like the woman who's mere image could speak to me, I got a glimpse of her life story and intern a piece of mine. Im not talking about that FBI mumbo jumbo either where you learn to read people like a detective, break them down so to speak. While those facilities are effective for purely selfish gain, they do not utilize the higher senses within all minds to open up and receive the emotional information we all communicate. So whats the connection...simulations are about making predictions like in the article. The author does not mention the implied purpose of any simulation, and that is to make better predictions of future outcomes. Read the best blackjack book ever written, that is some pure simulation probing there. Very effective too. Card counting is the main focus of the book i guess and that is really about recognizing patterns and implementing a strategy based on all of those simulations on ibm computers ran back in the 70's. I guess if computers got that advanced could it one day predict the return of the savior???? Thats the subject of a Phil Dick book called The Divine Invasion, and speaking of Phil Dick....very much about "the machine". Everything i've read in some way describes exactly what this article is about. So the reason why the brains are trying to predict the future, the reason why information about the past present and future is oozing out of us, and the reason why card counting and phil dick made it into this response is because....I dunno, but here is another thought. In all systems energy must be conserved. Unless you really can make energy out of thin air or from magnets or something, I bow down to you, you are truly a god. Our memories are like little bits of energy stored in our minds and muscles, or huge bits of energy, I dunno really. Now, when somebody dies all of that memory energy must be transferred into something. Maybe we've thought we were just trying to make ourselves feel better by saying that person will always be with us, but maybe there is more to it. Like when I glimpsed into the bloodline of that woman, it is more likely that I was just empathizing at her sight in my drug induced state, but it is also possible that I had a breakthrough psychic experience and for a while my mind was doing what it had been trying to do for so long. After all the simulations you'll just click one day and say NO, THIS IS REAL. For me it just took a mushroom and a women of stronger capabilities to bring to that point and wake my life. So my response to the article that I most agree with is the only reality. We will never achieve the same simulation as the prime and we will be confronted with our own game over. This is true. No matter how hard our minds try, no matter how much more advanced we become, there is no escape from reality. The ideas I suggest about the evolution of our minds and our unspoken goals is an ideal that can never be achieved, because to take away the uncertainty of what tomorrow will bring would be the undoing of life's framework. The whole idea is to be more open to life's message, and not to seek and desire to control the future. No one will ever truly know the future or control it, so instead of trying to know everything just be happy knowing that you are alive...well maybe. Twisted Evil
The difference between monkeys at the zoo and monkeys in the wild, is that monkeys at the zoo must only compete for status; while monkeys in the wild must compete for status and survival. So don't lose your hunger to survive.

PsycheLogics
#3 Posted : 10/29/2007 1:33:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

don't forget that our direct perception of the world is already a simulation of reality, and it seems to me that much of our minds are representational symbol precessing machines.

sillysyban
#4 Posted : 10/29/2007 1:59:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also seen this theory elsewhere. I guess that DMT would be a subroutine or program that allows your program a wormhole or backdoor to another simulation that is running on the same supercomputer. Its entirely possible but very unspiritual or romantic.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

MisterGypsy
#5 Posted : 10/29/2007 2:50:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Showing the mechanistic properties of 'reality' is a common theme in DMT use, but I would challenge you to see your role in 'reality' and your ability to self-realize. It's the next step after seeing the hive mindset. Leary and others wrote about this extensively.
My confirmation code - 1IQNZQ One IQ in the cue.

varun
#6 Posted : 11/17/2007 7:23:58 AM

jo_cosmic

Through generations and generations of of the human social evolution there has been a natural (or unnatural) progression towards complexity. Returning to the source should be the simplest task because it is going back to our fundamental nature as energy consciousness. However in our finite perspective of life we see the great return as an ascension in consciousness. we disempower (if thats a word) ourselves by thinking we cannot do it. we just have to realise that infinity has no direction, so there is no levels of consciousness... but just consiousness. any simulated reality is just an experience of the infinite possibilties that enrich an ever evolving consciousness. Spiritually Energised Love Force. That is the SELF Cheerios Very happy
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

the_newcomer
#7 Posted : 12/1/2007 5:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That article is fucking ridiculous. Where does this Oxford moron get that idea? I find it preposterous that someone can have the nerve to rectify that all of reality is nothing more than a complex computer program. That we are merely part of a machine? A program? I don't completely understand what the Oxford man is trying to say. Trying to say that you know what the composition of reality is nothing more than being completely selfish. Meh... IMO that is...

varun
#8 Posted : 12/3/2007 4:26:51 AM

jo_cosmic

A rigid thought structure is what has gotten the world in such a sorry state of affairs. A more flexible system would be more adaptable and therefore less stagnant. We need to flow because stagnation leads to decay. Open the mind and consider all the possibilities reality has to offer
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

the_newcomer
#9 Posted : 12/3/2007 11:18:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with the above post.

TrYpt / PhEnEtHyl -AMinE
#10 Posted : 12/30/2007 7:24:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting experience, but sorry to burst your bubble in regards to Pink Floyd. Welcome to the Machine is about the horrors of capitalism, specifically regarding the music industry. The "machine" in this sense is the culture industry mechanisms of capitalism that feed on and destroy novelty (new ideas, creative expressions). Check out Adorno's CULTURE INDUSTRY for more information about that.
There are many profound and important things in life.... I just happen to think that most of them have to do with serotonin.

harold
#11 Posted : 12/31/2007 4:25:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the machines of the future will be organic... computers will be more like the human brain complex than the computers we know today... just a thought.

Laerrus
#12 Posted : 3/23/2008 5:36:20 AM

Stephen Guptill

I made a cartoon about an LSD trip I had once with a being who identifyed himself as The Drum, but by all means looked like a massive machine, with all sorts of moving pieces and strangness making up his face.

We had a good talk.

The cartoon is here:
http://www.stephenguptil...mple%20Of%20Solomon.html

sattwa23
#13 Posted : 3/23/2008 3:11:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice thread, gentlemen! Smile

As to "machine", I have experienced this many times behind shrooms, LSD, DMT, even MJ Smile Well, even when I was "sober", too Smile Appears to be somewhat like common theory, don't you think so? With many variations, of course, but it's just the same in it's core - our perceptive systems with all their complexity are just some let's say "parts" of a "bigger system" of more complexity.

I can not say 100% for sure now, but more likely I ran into it with the "help" of LSD for the first time. It was great experience, but in it's part devoted to the topic I began to feel like I was a victim of some global experiment in which my individual perceptive system was under control in entire universal perceptive system, which was just "the working model" designed and built particular for this experiment. I could see persons (I percieved them as humans then) who were making different manipulations on my psycho-somatic complex to make me perform in some sort of an artificial existence, which I percieved as my "common life" normally. And I knew that those persons knew that I knew, etc.
I will skip all philosophical speculations to save your time now. Just will say that it was a horrible existential nightmare Smile And of course, I thought it will last "forever". But as there's a ballance in everything, after some time I began trying to find an escape. I found it after an idea came to me that now I know "the truth", and there's no reason to be mad or sad about it. OK, it's not rewarding our sense of being THE KINGS, but it could grant us w/one more little step to "freedom". After that many visions of my karmic deeds came (in symbolic form). I saw that I was acting like a blind fool (OK, like a blind part of experiment) and I managed (it will take a long time to describe how) to destroy those karmic aftermaths. After that I could feel much energy in all my bodies, lately this energy helped me to change many things in my "real life" Wink BTW (attention here, you paranoic folks!), I could feel "experimentators" were aware about it! Cool
Visions of that kind lately formed a huge part in my psychedelic experience with any substance involved. It varied in details - like it was different "aliens" (sometimes friendly and sometimes not); some kind of "powerful astral beings"; "advanced post-humans" who were experimenting, and there were many other possible pholosophical interpretations as well, but it was the same in it's core - we are just "small parts of the machine" and nothing more by far.

Well... IMHO, this "machine theory" is funny and promising just like any other theory, which can possibly add something to our attempts to know and to integrate ourSELVES Rolling eyes

GOOD LUCK for all of you, space travelers of your MIND! Very happy
~let the beauty be around you~

Laerrus
#14 Posted : 3/24/2008 7:41:36 AM

Stephen Guptill

How many people have recently come to these same conclusions?

Are we even to speak of such things to those in the unknown?

sattwa23
#15 Posted : 3/24/2008 5:00:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laerrus wrote:

Are we even to speak of such things to those in the unknown?

Hi, Laerrus!

What do you mean by asking that? I am sorry, English is not my native, and this thread is of some interest for me, so could you please explain? Smile Thanks a lot in advance!

Laerrus
#16 Posted : 3/25/2008 2:53:30 AM

Stephen Guptill

Hmm, let me try.

Those who have experienced the workings of the machine, and come to know the operators of it and the realizations that come with living a life inside of an experiment/TV show.

Perhapse it is not proper to talk about Them due to the fact others still have yet to wake up to this fact and telling them before they find will sort of spoil it all.

It must be indirectly influenced.

sattwa23
#17 Posted : 3/25/2008 1:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, Laerrus!

Thanks! I think I got your idea. Smile
Well... Frankly, as to "machine", it's just some theory, as far as I'm concerned Wink If trying to look at human history, we may possibly find that this conception (humans are just tiny parts of SOMETHING bigger) was well established in different cultures and it was developed in enumerous interpretations as well (religious, esoteric, philosophical, social, psychological, even paranoical, etc). These interpretations were sometimes "optimistic" and somitemes not at all, but anyway they were trying to DESCRIBE and EXPLAIN something behind them. This SOMETHING - what could it be? Wink IMHO, that's the matter of any INDIVIDUAL approach to this Smile Me personally, being somewhat curious and eager not to stop in self-developing, I prefer to consider this machine theory as my personal tool to gain deeper understanding of what's going on here Smile My basic thought (and it's only IMHO!) is that we as humans are just mechanical creatures (robots) by far, but we do have strong potential to overcome this mechanical life in ourselves and to become something ELSE. I won't jive you with my social and psychological theories now Smile, but what I mean is that it's time for us to WAKE UP and to struggle for our realization Very happy For integrating ourSELVES, for stopping THIS MECHANICAL EXPERIMENT we are being inside of. And, frankly, I think that it's ourselves who experiment on ourselves as "aliens", "post-humans", "gods", "powerful demons" or whatever. Cool

Nice talking guys! Smile Any other conceptions and/or insights are VERY WELCOME!

Laerrus
#18 Posted : 3/25/2008 3:34:28 PM

Stephen Guptill

We are on the same page here I think Sattwa, just having different words about it.

I to almost saw our controllers once but backed down from going any further cause the whole thing was just a little too much, like slats in reality opened up to show me a window to their world they watch us from.

Ect ect.

But yeah, in regards to The Newcomer, this science guys logic is in the right place, but thinking that a massive computer can help us find out is dumb, the human brain and some mushrooms are all that is needed to split dimensions in half.

Unfortunitly most have their imaginations and right hemesphere of their brain firmly switched OFF.

Another word for imagination could be Third Eye.

Anther word for right hemesphere could be unlimited perception.

Laerrus
#19 Posted : 3/25/2008 3:36:32 PM

Stephen Guptill

And after reading the second page of the news story (Which I didn't even notice until today.) my own personal self is in agreement with the folks trying to make it interesting. We feed the machine, or drum or giant floating head or whatever you wanna call it, and it births our reality with it's incredibly powerful mind.

Maybe He is just trying to bring us all up a step?

Laerrus
#20 Posted : 3/25/2008 3:42:28 PM

Stephen Guptill

UGH

This guy NEVER SHUTS UP!

Okay, so after digging further into the article one can find links to a whole slew of simulation type dealies, one telling you how to live in a simulation (From what I saw it mostly says BE AN ASSHOLE CAUSE IT DOSN'T MATTER.) and how to deal with ect ect...

Maybe it is best these people can only think of stuff like this, rather then have the experience and know what is.

Maybe the fact they would react with the way the article encourages the average person to act keeps them from gaining this wisdom.

What it boils down to is, the NYTimes has frightening writters who are teasing us with the Truth.

IMHO a certain amount of purity is required to visit these Controllers.

Although that could be entirly wrong because there have been plenty of evil people in history who claim to have some outside knowladge of it all just being a game.