We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Acacia + Mimosa Heart Chakra discovery of the century! Loveliest psychedelic Evurrrrrrrrr Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 8/2/2019 9:04:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"Metta" is Pali (language of the Buddhist suttas) for Loving Kindness.

It was basically by accident that I discovered what I call "Metta + NMT" in 2019 while trying to extract Acacia confusa & Mimosa hostilis barks. It took me a month or two of intense effort after that discovery to figure out more or less how to reproduce the extraction. My first experience with it was heart-meltingly mind-blowing, without requiring any kind of ego death that would normally be required in order to get to that type of cosmic love.

When I later tried MDMA, I felt that same divine love force, although in a more generic form, whereas Metta + NMT seemed to be a "transmission" from some type of "love alien energy beings." UPDATE: I just discovered (Oct. 2022) that Metta + NMT is actually just as generic-lovey as MDMA, and the psychedelic component with the love aliens came from another tryptamine that often comes out along with the cloudy NMT but which solidifies quicker while the NMT remains gooey, and has very powerful effects even at 5mg vaped when used with Metta + NMT (I have yet to try it alone). I will call this one the Empowerment Trypt, since it feels like you are receiving some divine empowerments (like the power to beam loving kindness at any distance). This Empowerment Trypt likely explains why some people felt the combo was more like DMT than MDMA, since it is easy to vape too much Empowerment Trypt and get really zonked due to its potency. Not knowing that my NMT also sometimes contained the Empowerment Trypt, I was sending different combos to different testers.

Aside from working primarily on the heart chakra, the differences between MDMA & this are that this Metta + NMT appears to only work via vaping, and thus it is a short experience (usually 15 minutes to an hour depending on how much one meditates), but most importantly, nobody who has tried Metta + NMT, no matter at what dose, has found it to have the narrow therapeutic index of MDMA (i.e. high doses won't kill you, and you don't feel like crap the next day). It might be possible to use it orally at lower doses--more experimentation required, but at 10mg of metta, I was getting pre-seizure brain zaps.

Intro to TEK:

Basically, there are some molecules aside from DMT in Acacia confusa and Mimosa hostilis that are of interest here. The NMT identity has been confirmed by Benzyme via LCMS: graph

The other main molecule of interest appears to not yet be named, so I'm calling it the "metta" molecule (metta meditation was recommended by the Buddha as being helpful for opening the heart). The reason I'm calling it this is because I find it to be very heart-centered. It brings out the beauty of life at a low dose even without adding the super boost of NMT (but let's not forget the First Noble Truth).

Here you can see the fairly pure Metta crystal LCMS. Please note that there is also apparently (based on my subjective self-experiments) other stuff aside from that one molecule which produces an entourage effect, so I am calling it all together the "metta complex" (not including NMT which also is required for the best effect).

The metta complex (LCMS graph) only has much effect if you are on a nice strong dose of harmalas + NMT. So the simplest approach is to make a combined chrunga with all that (dissolve metta + NMT onto crushed rue seeds, they work better than freebase harmalas). Although metta by itself seems to be an instant nausea and diarrhea cure (opposite from DMT).

My "TEK" for extracting this all:

This is the "proper way", but the simpler method I'll explain after:

Acidify your kilo of ACRB with vinegar or whatever pH 2.5 acid. Heat it overnight so it helps the bark to break down. Now basify your ACRB. pH 12 with Sodium carbonate works but gives low yield. Lye is really preferred here if you can get it safely. Potash should also work ok. I'd use half lye by weight (compared to bark). Make sure your consistency is a thick mud, fairly hard to stir unless warmed up (no excess water).

So once I pull out the DMT + NMT + other random alks with hot naphtha (the lye heats it up fine), assuming the naphtha is all yellow, not red (red = metta), I then put a liter of acetone into a kilo of the "spent" bark. Mix it up, leave it to warm for a while (at least an hour), then pour it off into a jar. Pull one more time with another liter of acetone. Optional but messy: Get some latex gloves (not nitrile--incompatible with acetone) and a hemp fiber nut milk bag and squeeze the rest of the acetone out of the bark.

It seems if the pH is high enough and temperature hot enough, acetone is not necessary. You'll know simply because if your naphtha turns red, it has picked up the metta complex.

The red naphtha and/or red acetone you will put in the freezer. The red liquid (containing the metta complex) falls to the bottom after some hours (actually, more like minutes usually). Siphon that off and dehydrate it. You can sun-dry it outside to avoid any fumes in the house, tho I put it in the dehydrator on maximum overnight, as oxidation seems to be no issue, tho if you are more watchful, you might be able to salvage the delicious-smelling aroma that I only managed to get a few times. Once you are able to dry the metta complex red acetone, collect the metta complex goop and dissolve it in Everclear (some sediment will not dissolve; that can be discarded later).

As for the DMT + NMT initial pulls, The NMT tends to not really precipitate but remain as a cloudy layer at the bottom of the naphtha. But, most of those cloudy layers are not NMT, so there is a lot of experimentation required to get the right stuff. I am not even 100% sure of the molecular identity of it, just going off the opinion of one chemist (Benzyme) who tested it one time with LC/MS. I have definitely found this NMT in Mimosa hostilis root bark. It is apparently not in every batch of either root bark, and it seems to come out after a number of NPS pulls in some of this bark. The Empowerment Trypt has definitely been found in some MHRB and I believe I also found it in ACRB initially. As mentioned, it seems to come out along with the cloudy NMT stuff, but after dehydrating, when you leave it at room temp or lower to crystalize, the Empowerment Trypt crystalizes much faster than the NMT goop and it often pops up like little pimples from the goop.

At this point you have NMT and maybe some Empowerment Trypt in a usable form, and you have Metta complex in Everclear. Now what I do is dissolve NMT + metta in a 1:1 ratio in acetone and then dissolve that mix into vodka and dehydrate onto whole rue seeds (3 parts rue to 1 part NMT + metta) for the most gentle heart chakra effect, or onto rue seed powder (not extract) for a more psychedelic full spectrum effect. This works way better than using pure harmalas even though those will also work. Using this formula, a dose would be something like 50-100mg of the "chamnha" product.

Addendum: Another note on "the wrong NMT": I found that there seems to be some other molecules which I occasionally found in my NMT that destroyed the metta experience, turning it dysphoric, or else just not synergizing at all to produce the magic love. This "wrong NMT" feels almost just like NMT by itself, altho I notice it sometimes makes the room turn a bit yellow with a weird sort of "ugh" feeling if I vape too much. I've found this "wrong NMT" in Acacia confusa as well as in recent high-NMT batches of Mimosa from Brazil and Mexico.
I separated out that bad NMT batch and no more dysphoric experiences ever.
Strangely, when I did the crude Acacia extract, I guess the good NMT canceled out the bad NMT because it worked well. If you check my post on the acetone separation of NPS-extracted alks, you'll see the 3 alks aside from DMT and NMT which I was confusing for NMT.

SIMPLER EXTRACTION but not recommended

Ok so this one worked for me when I tried it, tho it gave me a little headache because I didn't remove DMT. Some people are extremely sensitive to mixing DMT with Metta NMT, so I do not advise doing this for most people.

Boil your confusa bark powder in vinegar for an hour (2L vinegar to 1L confusa powder or so).
Add sodium carbonate (washing soda) slowly. When it stops foaming, you've added enough to basify it. Now add more sodium carbonate (or pickling lime) to make sure it's as dry as possible, while you stir it.
Once it's all dry and basified, heat up the pot of bark, ideally with heat mats, although I put it in the oven on low heat with door open. Once the bark is nice and hot, add 2L acetone and stir it well for a minute.
Take all that mix and throw it in a hemp nut milk bag and squeeze out all the acetone.
Put that acetone in the sun to dry out. Once dry it should not smell like acetone. It should leave a red goo.
The red goo contains metta complex, NMT, and DMT (as well as something else which is not worth talking about here).
You can then mix the goop into syrian rue seeds (crushed for max psychedelia or whole for gentle heart warmth) to make what I'm gonna call "chamdnha."

The "chamdnha" ratio should be something like 3 parts acacia goo:9 parts syrian rue seeds. Use just enough warm alcohol to dissolve all that stuff into a little dish and then leave it in the sun or dehydrator until ready to smoke/vape it. 50-75mg should be a dose.

I personally love using the genius pipe to easily smoke/vape stuff without harsh hits. I get it cheaper from China (a mini one is like $5 on dhgate).

TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH JUST DISCOVERED via Mimosa hostilis!

I just discovered another quite similar love drug in Mimosa hostilis!

UPDATE: it's no longer present in the most recent harvest I got. MHRB has a seasonal mix of alkaloids. The Feb. 2020 Chiapas harvest has a nootropic tryptamine and a crown-chakra tryptamine as well as a few others that I'm throwing into the category of "jungle" because I don't really know how to talk about them nor do I find them to be extra-special, just trippy.

MimoLove is definitely not the same molecule nor neuropathway because at this point I'd developed a bad tolerance to Metta+NMT, but this "MimoLove" BLEW ME AWAY just like my *first* Metta+NMT experience (tho not the same level of visuals). Here's an LCMS graph of MimoLove in the purest form I could get it (which is not my favorite form).

I've also tried combining the 2 and I think there's a lot of synergy actually. But, I've developed a tolerance to both now. Smile

Here's my Tek for extracting MimoLove, assuming you have similar Mimosa hostilis:

Add half lye by weight to the mimosa powder and mix with just enough water to form a thick mud. Let it sit an hour or two. Add NPS like heptane to pull out DMT+NMT. Now use acetone to pull. Leave the acetone in the bark mud (stirring of course at first) preferably in a warm spot (I use 3 heat mats on top of each other under the pot), overnight, then pour off and dehydrate that acetone (which should be red) in the sun or in a dehydrator in a well-ventilated area.

The top layer once dehydrated seems to be the jungle spice, the middle layer the NMT, and the nearly bottom layer is the MimoLove (very sticky), which seems to be a combination of some kind of opioid-feeling molecule that looks like a goo, and a tryptamine which will form crystals in that goo if left to sit for a few days at room temperature.

I mix the MimoLove sticky stuff in some DMSO + harmalas just enough to get it to be a thick liquid for the vape cart. (Beneath that sticky mimolove layer is an even stickier layer that won't dissolve in DMSO unless it's very warm: this layer contains other interesting psychedelic tryptamines, depending apparently on the harvesting conditions of the bark, and they vape at higher temperatures, which can be done by not sucking as you vape).

CRITICAL point when vaping is to use the high voltage setting on your pen (if it's a cheapo pen, it may only have one setting which is already the high voltage setting) and SIP the vapor SLOWLY. I don't know why it doesn't work when sucking it like normal. I can suck and suck and suck, but unless I slowly sip, I don't get the magic love!

SECOND UPDATE: I found that one can vape whole syrian rue seeds and then DMT to get a heart chakra healing. Not quite as good as Metta NMT but still quite good and doesn't seem to have the tolerance issue that metta NMT has. I posted about it at: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1167455#post1167455

THE METTA+NMT EXPERIENCE:

My first experience was the most intense of all (it must have contained the Empowerment Trypt), and almost slipped me into ego death very lovingly, but I wasn't interested in that, so it let me go slowly. Since then I've developed a tolerance such that this is no longer very psychedelic for me. More like just love and bliss.

The value I think is more in low doses of this which are very helpful for opening the heart and metta meditation. Folks who have broken thru to the metta+NMT ego death told me that it was a) the result of using too much NMT, and b) did not feel different from ayahuasca ego death.

I've now heard from dozens of people who have tried Metta+NMT, and it seems like maybe two thirds of them have glowing reports, sometimes even with life-changing benefits, while the rest don't notice it being special or different from DMT. I'm not sure if that's because they are more sensitive to DMT residual traces or if they just are incapable of feeling the metta + NMT effects, and I haven't yet found a pattern that might obviously explain the different effects for these people. More study is required.

A number of people have reported that the metta has an opioid-like feeling, and in fact at least one person has had it give a lot of physical pain relief for about 1.5 hours.

I have tried taking the metta molecule itself orally with harmalas, just one drop of it, and it was lovely except that it produced fairly frequent brain zaps which I don't generally get with psychedelics. The zaps were not exactly painful but just ... jolting. I was afraid to go higher on the dose after that. Someone told me that the brain zaps were indicative of seizure threshold being lowered.

I have tried NMT orally with harmalas, and that was also quite nice, no brain zaps, and strangely, it seemed to block the effects of vaped metta.

I have tried NMT vaped without metta molecule. It's hypnotic. If I pre-dose harmalas, vaping NMT is actually quite an interesting experience, very feminine energy (and I'm not the type to say that), but there's not enough warmth to that experience without the metta molecule. Like being cuddled by the Mona Lisa or something.

I and others have also tried combining Metta + NMT with DMT, and I can't say I recommend the combination with DMT. Altho it did give me lots of apparent insights when I did it, I also got a headache, which I never get, so that was a signal that this is not a healthy combo. Also, one guy vaped a LOT of DMT and then wanting to go further in hyperspace, he vaped some Metta + NMT-- BAD MOVE- he then lost consciousness multiple times, became delirious, ran outside in the rain to try to breathe, and so on for hours, but luckily he survived tho he couldn't remember what he was experiencing mentally for the most part except that it was "way beyond anything" he had ever experienced from anything else.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/2/2019 12:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing!

Why do you think there is another molecule there?

Any chance you at least test it with tlc and/or reagents ?

moyshekapoyre
#3 Posted : 8/2/2019 5:26:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi endlessness, I'm no analytical chemist unfortunately. But, the metta molecule has very unique effects on the mind which are not like NMT or DMT, so, it's definitely something different. Also, upon exhaling, it smells like a lovely flower of some type. I'm assuming it is an alkaloid due to the psychedelic effects, but what do I know. It is always mixed in some fat and maybe some terpene(s) as I don't know how to isolate it completely (nor do I care to, as it is usually potent enough as is). TLC would only be useful (as I understand it) for known molecules.

I'd be happy to send you a sample, though I'm not sure what the point would be since there are already numerous professional analyses done on acacia confusa at this point, and I believe even Nen has speculated here that there may be some hyperdimensional molecule in ACRB that we cannot detect with present tech (lol)...

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/2/2019 10:34:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey!

Sure we can get it tested. Modern analytical techniques should def be able to detect any compound in significant amounts present in an extract. Message me in sept if you're interested.

In any case I think it's good to do some preliminary testing before, if you're ever in the situation to do it.

TLC could also give a good idea to start with, and you don't need to be a chemist to do it. It is definitely useful for other unknown molecules too. Maybe you wont be able to identify but at least you see if something else is there, you'll see another spot on the plate. Just trusting on effects is hardly conclusive evidence because for example different ratios of DMT/NMT could explain different effects you have. And you could use TLC to see if , as you proposed, you indeed can do a separation of DMT and NMT by pH differences during pulls.

I highly recommend TLC if you're into different extraction experiments. One can learn a lot by doing TLC and the community learns together too.

moyshekapoyre
#5 Posted : 8/3/2019 1:02:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just purchased the TLC test kit (the cheaper one) from BunkPolice. I have my doubts about how useful this will be for determining what is in the metta goop, but I'm sure it will be useful for other things. After I run the experiment (not even sure what experiment exactly I'm running with this kit, all I know is I will see different spots in different places), I will let you know. I do know however that this is not just DMT + NMT in any ratio, because I've played around with those ratios and I know how it feels. Will there be some DMT + NMT traces in it? Probably.

Intezam
#6 Posted : 8/3/2019 5:12:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting, could it be a methcathinone....? We have had visions of a motherly looove seal when drinking a salsabil from kafur (HRML) and a.confusa (Talh) together with zanjabil (ginger) when we added milk and pomegranate. Always thought the motherly love seal was due to mixing milk and pomegranate (umm HRML). Please try find out what it is Thumbs up

Btw: we added milk because salsabil etymology is from: easy to swallow, and pomegranate because its less foul then vinegar and also we call it mother of HRML due to shape similarity

moyshekapoyre
#7 Posted : 8/3/2019 6:44:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lol no way it's not a stimulant, like methcathinone. feels actually more like an opiate in terms of the warmth and peace, but it has a psychedelic component as you take more. the loveliest thing is the SMELL of this as you exhale thru your nose! (DMT and NMT do NOT have a nice exhalation smell).

but the real wonderful psychedelic part is when you add NMT. for me, the walls turn like pinkish with patterns and they emanate perfect love. (i'm seeing it right now as i type lol) when u get this combo to work it's a EUREKA moment, it's umistakable. you can't just think "oh maybe this is what he was talking about". even a low dose like i'm on now is a EUREKA this is IT again.

the weird thing tho is that NMT when dissolved in DMSO for a few days actually crystalizes and the crystaly-gelly-DMSO portion is the really strong good stuff altho a bit harder to work with.

there's no word to describe this aside from BEAUTIFUL. I just wish everyone on earth knew about this combo.

Here an email I wrote to a friend:

wowy zowy [G], i just tried orally something like 50mg of NMT? maybe closer to 30mg hard to tell because it was mixed with DMSO harmalas that I measured in volumetrically, but darn. this is really lovely. it really feels like this is the twin flame to the metta molecule... 
without metta molecule magic combo key, there's no psychedelic stuff going on in terms of visuals, mindfuck etc. it's just this really lovely vibe which is ironically somewhat similar to the metta molecule vibe... i really was not expecting this experience from the NMT orally because when I vape it it's QUITE a different experience! Sort of like boring but like Mona Lisa has merged with me if that makes ANY sense. At the peak of it, there was a kind of feeling of ascension. Hard to describe, but I was not really interested and it went away (altho I was open to it if it wanted to take me, but i've been ascended so many times now it's not fascinating to me or alluring all that much). 

i feel like it's much more heart centered and earthy, at least at this dose and without the addition of the metta. super great for self-hypnosis. i feel like i could make millions right now on doing some youtube videos.. if only my phone mic worked so i could record. lol

btw i just vaped some metta molecule on the tail end of the NMT trip, but there was no combo magic probably because it was tail end of NMT, but metta was just very nice and blissful. but then i vaped some potent NMT DMSO and BAM the walls started glowing pink and EUREKA this is it moment again. This is what the world needs! I know that sounds retarded, like the world needs drugs. But seriously.

moyshekapoyre
#8 Posted : 8/3/2019 7:19:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

And btw just in case y'all think I'm unique or something, nope, I gave this Metta + NMT to a friend and he had the same experience according to his report just after it ended. Also given it to others and waiting for feedback from them, however I am not sure who got the potent NMT and who got the weak NMT. I do feel that the weak one may work with more hits.

Intezam
#9 Posted : 8/3/2019 7:37:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

whats the metta smell like, can you try describe it? Is it like indole (jasmine/whiteflower/zahrat al kadi) or othere....?

moyshekapoyre
#10 Posted : 8/3/2019 8:36:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Upon exhaling the metta, yes I'd say it smells a bit like jasmine.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 8/3/2019 11:56:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre, let me know when you have the TLC kit if you need any help interpreting the results. Did you also get some reagents together?

Btw, when you say the effects are different than NMT and DMT, and when you talk about the effects of DMT and NMT separately, how do you know you were able to separate them in the first place? There is this method using dry ice which I think chemically is probably more reliable if you're interested.

Once your TLC kit arrives you can compare a crude extract with your separated extracts from your method, and see if indeed you see a difference.. If things work as you expect with your method, then the crude mixed extract should show clearly the two spots of NMT and DMT, and your separated extracts should show only one spot each.

Let us know when you research more on this Smile

moyshekapoyre
#12 Posted : 8/3/2019 1:32:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Endlessness, Thank you for your offer of assistance and I will probably need it! I've never done TLC before. In fact I've thought of it for some other purpose but I think I forgot now what that was (tho I could check the messages I sent you years ago if I wanted to). The cheaper TLC kit from BunkPolice comes with like 6 reagents. I assume I don't need the other less common reagents? You know I'm just getting this kit to please you, because I'm quite sure of what's what without TLC, and the one thing that I can't identify probably will not be identifiable with TLC either since it seems to be unknown, but on that count I'm going to admit that "I may be stupid, but I'm not crazy!" as my co-worker used to say (and on alternate days, she'd say "I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!", and ironically she never realized how funny it was that she switched between the two assertions despite me pointing it out).

One thing I don't really understand is the limits of detectability with TLC. In other words, if there is, say 1-5% DMT in this crude metta goop, and 1-10% NMT, which I think is fairly reasonable to imagine, would that show up on the TLC? And I'm also imagining there may be numerous other molecules in this goop--all of everything will show up? From what I read on BunkPolice's site, anything which is too crude really cannot be examined with TLC reliably.

So, I'm guessing you know that DMT and NMT usually, but not always, look very different in their crystaline structure (assuming you allow them to grow for some days). NMT is also yellowish or at least off-white, whereas DMT is white or clear unless impure (not counting the polymorph variety I recently learned about). It can be confusing sometimes when the DMT is contaminated by NMT and therefore you can see DMT crystaline structure but it has enough NMT in it to feel mostly like NMT. But, almost all of the NMT I have extracted looks nothing at all like DMT crystaline structure.

I'd describe DMT crystaline structure as fluffy snowflakes, quite beautiful to me. NMT on the other hand either forms as a goop, or "corn flakes" (which I guess is the less fatty version of the goop), or little round piles of "poop" (sorry that's all I can think of as a description), or it can form as needles. NMT also sticks very tightly to glass when it is in the flake form or the poop form but obviously not the needle form just due to the geometry. I've never seen DMT as "corn flakes" or "turds" that stick to glass (only the oily DMT sticks to glass). Also, DMT crystals have a very distinctive smell. NMT on the other hand I can't smell at all.

Ok be honest: did that sound totally subjective to you? What about you? I'm sure you've extracted both various times? Have you not noticed any differences? I would be surprised if you haven't. I've been extracting DMT for about 9 years now and I've never seen it stick to glass in the form of corn flakes or little turds all super condensed in structure. Conversely, I've never seen NMT that looked truly white or clear.

The mental effects of DMT and NMT are so different there is absolutely no way they could be confused. Without harmalas, DMT is still extremely powerful. One hit of DMT in DMSO in a vape cart sends me just about flying out of this reality and 2 hits is truly ego death level. NMT without harmalas is hypnotic and boring, but useful for meditation. With harmalas, NMT has a very feminine vibe to it, but is still kinda boring even tho it's novel. When I use oral harmalas, then vape metta molecule and NMT, I get the EUREKA effect. If I vape the metta + DMT it's sort of just like metta + DMT effects (in other words, a kind of dreamy and more blissful version of DMT but it gave me a headache which I never get from anything).

NMT in DMSO vapes at a higher temperature I guess, because it's way less harsh on my throat than DMT in DMSO. It also tastes fine, whereas DMT tastes nasty when vaping.

Again, you could say this is all subjective, but I'd have to say that if my ability to differentiate the two substances correctly is totally off-base, then I need psychiatric help, because it's something that is very reliable for me. I can blind myself and it makes no difference. I truly thought that some of this stuff must be DMT because I got it from mimosa, in fact, so if it were placebo, it would have felt like DMT. I was very surprised when it didn't feel like DMT, but looking back on the crystaline structure, I certainly did not notice the lovely DMT cloud formations (except a few tiny ones), so it makes sense.

Furthermore, I've sent NMT and DMT to various folks and all of them agree with me on what's what, altho maybe they are not as good subjects as I am, because they are not blinding themselves.

I did look at the dry ice method of separation but from that post you linked it seems that the separation was a "moderate to good success" (which to me is almost worthless because I want either almost pure NMT or pure DMT, the two combined just feel completely lame to me). Plus, what do I do with NMT carbamate? I definitely don't want to waste any NMT. It is completely precious.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 8/3/2019 5:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friend,

You don't have to do anything for me! I appreciate your presence and your posts in any case, just the fact you care about the community enough to post your experiments is already enough for me Smile

I just think that anybody who is interested in plant chemistry would have fun and learn a lot by using such analytical techniques like TLC, specially since they are so accessible now.

As for the limits of detectability, its not so much about % of a substance in a mix, but rather on how much there is of that substance in total. Check attached example, you can still see a faint spot at around 0.05mg/ml (or 0.02mg/ml) of both DMT, NMT and gramine. In other words, if you have 10mg of the extract, and you dissolve in 10ml of the provided solvent in the kit (which is basically methanol:ammonia), you'll have a 1mg/ml concentration in the liquid you'll use to load your TLC plate. If only 5% of that extract was DMT, you'd still see a (faint but noticeable) DMT spot (and you'd see a very strong spot at the height of whatever substance makes up the other 95%). Other substances may have other limits of detection but you can see for the 3 provided examples in the picture they are more or less similar.

Regarding your method of estimating whether your DMT / NMT separation works, I definitely think it is potentially problematic. I dont think you can accurately tell the content of an extract by how it looks, since so many factors play into the looks. Even small amounts of impurities can greatly affect how an extract looks, not to mention the polymorphic properties of DMT and other alkaloids may mean even the same compound in same purity can look totally different in different situations.

Also, the fact you never had a baseline to compare (for example at least once in life having had confirmed pure dmt/nmt and playing around with it, crystallizing in different ways, consuming them in different ratios), makes it hard to consider your observations as a final proof.

That being said, Im not saying you are for sure wrong.... You may have found ways to separate NMT/DMT, you may have found some interesting new molecule (or special ratio of different molecules) or whatver else.. But you could also be mistaken in one way or another, to some extent or other, and the only way to know for sure is testing.

Hope I dont sound too picky or whatever, Im genuinely interested in plant chemistry and all experiments people post here, and I hope by posting and thinking along with you, something good can come out and we all learn from the process Smile
endlessness attached the following image(s):
Captura de Tela 2019-08-03 aฬ€s 6.42.20 PM.png (1,494kb) downloaded 731 time(s).

moyshekapoyre
#14 Posted : 8/3/2019 6:03:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your reply, Endlessness. A true scholar and a gentleman, as always.

I have to say tho, that TLC thing looks pretty darn subjective, as I for the life of me would never have seen those faint "but visible" spots. I would have simply concluded the substance was not present. I'm now sort of seeing 2 out of 3 of them by looking hard. I just have this funny feeling that I'm going to get a bunch of dots in the wrong places lol. Ok, talk then. Over & out. Thanks again.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 8/3/2019 6:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to note, when I mentioned there is a faint spot, I didnt mean in the picture.. The quality of the picture sucks, sorry bout that.. I meant, in real life, when looking at that plate, you could def see those spots Smile

nen888
#16 Posted : 8/4/2019 2:37:31 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

hi moyshekapoyre (and endlessness Smile )
..i am glad the subtleties of acacia confusa are being looked at more..i have one theory on what the more elusive molecule/aspect could be..

if you look at the summary of a lecture i did on original NMT research on page 4 of the entheogenic effects of NMT thread ( https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=300323&#post300323 ) :-

in the case of a few australian acacias which contain DMT/NMT as predominant alkaloids, with TLC there are 3 spots - 2 main visible spots (dmt and nmt), and a third narrow band between which shows up under UV light.. it was tentatively identified as 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-beta-carboline..this is an oxidation product of NMT..its effects are not properly understood (it's also in some Phalaris), and it may be quite potent with some psychoactive effects (based on one bioassay of the fluorescent band)

the other compound which may be there, in some aus dmt/nmt species, is leptocladine (2,3,4,9-Tetrahydro-1,2-dimethyl-1H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole)..they are usually only present as about 4-6% of the total alkaloid fraction

it, and 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-beta-carboline need further investigation, as well as the breakdown byproducts of NMT, and seem to be present in species where there is a reasonable percentage of NMT present..there are aspects of acacia experiences which have not i think been fully quantified..

i wish you success in this ongoing research moyshekapoyre

moyshekapoyre
#17 Posted : 8/4/2019 6:52:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

nen, Thank you so much for that. I'm glad to hear there really could be some actual molecule and I'm not just totally insane. But yes, whatever it is, it is the best thing I've ever found by far. Nothing comes close.

moyshekapoyre
#18 Posted : 8/4/2019 10:33:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey quick update so, I'm finding that it's actually a little bit harder than i thought to get the pure metta molecule isolated. I did it basically one time and I still have a little left of it. OMG. It is so, damn, lovely (on it right now along with some NMT). I think maybe (memory failing me) I may have done a full A/B to get it this pure. Another possibility is I may be dissolving the metta goop in DMSO for too long. Seems that after about 30 seconds it starts pulling fats as well as the good stuff.

Btw Endlessness, I'm not sure if it matters if the metta is mixed in DMSO in terms of the TLC?

With STB I get this metta goop which feels kinda like metta, but I guess it's not really pure enough to produce the perfect synergy with NMT.

moyshekapoyre
#19 Posted : 8/4/2019 10:37:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Btw Endlessness I re-read my initial post and, I can totally understand why you think I can't tell the difference by visually inspecting NMT--that's basically what I was saying, except that I can usually tell the difference via visual inspection, just not always. I believe I'm getting better at it. I've only had a bit of practice since I never was really noticing it before in my extractions and probably I was just thinking full spectrum stuff is better than isolated stuff (that's a myth, definitely, at least in many cases, with exception of maybe Caapi, iboga, pedro).

And sorry I keep editing my posts. I really suck at writing everything correctly the first time.

Ok to summarize the effects of NMT +Metta, I think "magic rainbow love bliss" is appropriate.

I only got that one time vaping changa, out of hundreds of attempts, not counting breakthrus which of course always produce that, but few people are really ready for a ego death. Usually I find changa to be more like "ok you ready to ascend?" or on a low dose it's just very therapeutic in helping me see things from higher perspectives. And the divine love of changa is really much more "divine" than this... not sure if this makes any sense, but it's almost like changa/ayahuasca is transendence-oriented, whereas NMT + Metta is imminent perfection, right here, right now, no need for mindfuck or insights or ascension. I guess that's maybe a pro and a con. But again, most people are not ready for ascension. They are ready for easy magic love rainbows. Note that if you use enough, it will be an ego death, but it "loves you to death with a divine pillow over your mouth to suffocate you."

Metta-Morpheus
#20 Posted : 8/4/2019 4:39:11 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
Note that if you use enough, it will be an ego death, but it "loves you to death with a divine pillow over your mouth to suffocate you."

^ Ha! Nice analogy!! Laughing Thumbs up
โ€œYou think thatโ€™s air youโ€™re breathing?โ€ -Morpheus
โ€œWhoa fellas, Iโ€™m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.โ€ -Leopold Butters Stoch
Itโ€™s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isnโ€™t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isnโ€™t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

123NEXT