We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Swainsona Formosa : Sturts Desert Pea Extraction Options

P0tSh0t
#1 Posted : 7/25/2019 6:21:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

...Retracted in the interest of safety...

If this stuff is poisonous I'd rather not promote it's use until someone more qualified investigates it

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

twitchy
#2 Posted : 7/25/2019 7:54:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading somewhere that Wisteria vine was on the list as well, Australia's idiotic attempt to ban Swainsona formosa apparently cued alot of folks in to it being a tryptamine bearer. Keenly interested in your assay if you post it, it's a cool looking plant for sure.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

wira
#3 Posted : 7/29/2019 5:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before anyone hurts themselves, I should point out that both a Wisteria and Swainsona galegifolia *possibly* containing DMT is from preliminary TLC + reagent testing only. Wisteria chemistry is poorly known but they appear to contain a lot of different things and are also possibly quite toxic. Swainsonas are mainly known to contain swainsonine, which is pretty nasty stuff - look it up. If there's DMT in these plants it may need to be separated from other things that you most likely won't want to be consuming.

P0tSh0t
#4 Posted : 7/30/2019 1:36:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks wira - your caution is why i posted this

pinkoyd
#5 Posted : 7/30/2019 4:31:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

A sample of Wisteria root that I submitted to Energy Control turned out negative for DMT, so we can cross that off the list. Whether the aerial parts of the plant might contain DMT remains open to speculation.
I already asked Alice.

Dan_J
#6 Posted : 8/1/2019 6:41:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

now i'm not sure if its worth a life for a easy to source dmt plant, even if there was an internet guide out there how are you going to conclude that your not consuming a portion of a deadly poison.

check this page out for more info : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24758700

have you had any luck with sourcing acacia acuminata ?

good luck with other plant sources out there, usually found just an internet search away Very happy