We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV154155156157158NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

cama zotz
#3101 Posted : 6/22/2019 3:12:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone ,

New to the forum , very impressed, brilliant community.

Just seeking an answer to a question I have regarding San Pedro cactus , maybe some of you guys could help me out with this.

As part of the preparation process can fresh sliced san pedro cactus (undried ) be ground up in a coffee grinder as opposed to the food blender that most people seem to use for preparing it?

Thanks a million ,

Zotz

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

daytripper1995
#3102 Posted : 6/22/2019 11:59:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey I’m having trouble finding vm+p naphtha for a mhrb extraction as I live in Ireland but I have been told I can use lighter fluid is the true?
β€œLife is what happens when you're busy making other plans.”

pastanostra
#3103 Posted : 6/23/2019 1:16:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
As part of the preparation process can fresh sliced san pedro cactus (undried ) be ground up in a coffee grinder as opposed to the food blender that most people seem to use for preparing it?

it seems better and easier to dry it before blending / grinding. You can make a tea directly from fresh cacti, then reduce and start extracting.

Quote:
Hey I’m having trouble finding vm+p naphtha for a mhrb extraction as I live in Ireland but I have been told I can use lighter fluid is the true?

If your lighter fluid evap cleanly, it's OK, but be sure there is no residue while evaping it.
Lighter fluid is usually naptha + something else. The something else can be no good if it let traces while evaping.

enthearch
#3104 Posted : 6/25/2019 6:00:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi people,

I’m doing my first extraction from Nen’s simple phyllode Tek using shellite and naoh.

I'm working through an emulsion that has been around for 4 weeks or so. after adding small amounts of noniodised salt, naoh, treating to a heat bath, a little water, applying a vibrator to the side and gentle swishing, I now have a three layer solution, bottom is light brown, middle is browny black, and top layer is light brown.

I'm leaning towards some salt, agitation and hot water bath now.

Is it worth adding water or more naptha? or has it been too long and the mixture is unsalvageable?

Thanks

JazzyBebop
#3105 Posted : 6/26/2019 3:30:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,
Im curious if a tek calls for mhrb if you can use acrb.(vice versa) Look forward to learning more. Thanks

YourMan69
#3106 Posted : 6/26/2019 10:55:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When pulling can you just use glass jars instead of roast glass dishes since dmt crystals tend to stick together anyway?

SlowBrain
#3107 Posted : 7/16/2019 8:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1st post please be gentle.

SWIMs first extraction.

Planning on another extraction using the same tek but not fudging it up.

SWIM is currently trying to troubleshoot problems hes having with noman's tek
SWIM has gone through the remarks and noticed some stuff he did incorrectly however he would still like some critiques.

SWIM started by dissolving 50g of lye into 750 ml of water over a 30 minutes period.
added 50g of pre-powdered jurema allowed to rest for 1 hour.
added 50g naphtha allowed to sit in lye for 2 hours then sucked up and put into jars and into freezer.
did the last step 4 times.
with 4 pulls done and in the freezer then SWIM put another 50g and currently waiting another day for this last pull.

SWIM only had the jars in the freezer for about 12 before he poured through a coffee filter and scraped the bottom for the spice and left to dry.

after those 4 extraction SWIM only has like maybe a dusting of spice very little was in the jars.

tl;dr SWIM mainly just wants to know how and why he got so little and how to correct it for the next extraction.

Gary the Guppy
#3108 Posted : 7/16/2019 9:55:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SlowBrain wrote:

SWIMs first extraction.

SWIM has gone through the remarks and noticed some stuff he did incorrectly however he would still like some critiques.

SWIM started by dissolving 50g of lye into 750 ml of water over a 30 minutes period.
added 50g naphtha allowed to sit in lye for 2 hours then sucked up and put into jars and into freezer.
with 4 pulls done and in the freezer then SWIM put another 50g and currently waiting another day for this last pull.

SWIM only had the jars in the freezer for about 12 before he poured through a coffee filter and scraped the bottom for the spice and left to dry.

after those 4 extraction SWIM only has like maybe a dusting of spice very little was in the jars.

tl;dr SWIM mainly just wants to know how and why he got so little and how to correct it for the next extraction.

I'm in basically the exact same boat as you so I'll be watching for advice too! My biggest issue is the temperature in the freezer is not nearly low enough. We'll figure it out!

leratiomyces
#3109 Posted : 7/17/2019 9:48:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SlowBrain wrote:

SWIMs first extraction.

don't mean to be patronising, but have to ask, did you shake the solution for a decent amount of time after adding the naphtha?

SlowBrain
#3110 Posted : 7/17/2019 2:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[/quote]don't mean to be patronising, but have to ask, did you shake the solution for a decent amount of time after adding the naphtha?[/quote]

yes for around 5 minutes each pull

theDlarche
#3111 Posted : 7/17/2019 5:16:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everybody new extractor here looking for the ratio on the us im going to do 75g Hostilis 40g ye 50 ml Nap and .8L of water and when evapating the dmt at the end how long o I let the fan evaporate it

Brennendes Wasser
#3112 Posted : 7/17/2019 10:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

JazzyBebop wrote:
Hello friends,
Im curious if a tek calls for mhrb if you can use acrb.(vice versa) Look forward to learning more. Thanks

The both barks are identical in usage except that ACRB has more *fats* that you need to remove meanwhile. Just search for *ACRB defat* and you will find it, it is just a pre-extraction on the acidic cooked soup to remove unwanted components, otherwise ACRB will make you end up with a slushy paste instead of crystals.

Brennendes Wasser
#3113 Posted : 7/17/2019 10:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

YourMan69 wrote:
When pulling can you just use glass jars instead of roast glass dishes since dmt crystals tend to stick together anyway?

I dont know what Roast Glass is, but I guess you mean the container where you mix the Naphtha with the basic soup?

In this case I really would not know what badly stuff should happen if you use any kind of glass for this. You talk about sticking to the glass walls. This should not happen while doing the pulling itself, but only when placing the Naphtha inside a freezer. So you also would use this glass for this step, then this is of course also okay.

It does not even matter what material it is - if the Naphtha freezes too low, then it will drop the DMT again. And then if the DMT does not really stick to the walls, it will still just float to the ground of the container. This would not reduce your yield or anything else. In case it WOULD NOT stick to the walls then you just had to pay attention when decanting the liquid to separate crystals from Naphtha. But this is still pretty easy then, so no worries! Thumbs up

Brennendes Wasser
#3114 Posted : 7/17/2019 10:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

SlowBrain wrote:

SWIMs first extraction.

[...]

So having a low yield could have the following reasons:

1 hour of leaving the bark in the basic soup was not renough (I dont know the numbers in Nomans TEK, but if he tells this is enough then it will not be the problem)

50 g of Naphtha on 750 ml water is pretty low. Again this may be a number that is given by Noman. But 50 g of Naphtha should only be like ~ 40 ml Naphtha vs. 750 ml Water.

This is not a problem by definition. But in 5 minutes of slowly stirring there you cannot get the equililbrium between both phases in terms of DMT dissolvation.

Numbers in my mind that always work good are 100 ml Naphtha each pull for 500 ml basic soup. And then I would not say shake for 5 minutes, but just let it SIT for 20 - 30 minutes. Within that time you dont have to do anything, so why not let time work for you?

By enlarging the amount of Naphtha towards the water and increasing the time to let the DMT cross the phase border you will greatly increase the yield per pull.

2. I would heat it up. I would even say heat it nearly to the lower boiling range of the Naphtha. This has 2 reasons:

A) hot Naphtha will dissolve much more DMT and thus at the phase border the transition of DMT into the Naphtha will greatly be accelerated.

B) the aqueous phase will "move" much faster, because of higher diffusion. Therefore if it is faster in movement, it will carry more DMT to the phase border. Sorry english is not my native language, this was not perfectly expressed Confused Big grin

With this a pull will get you much more. Greater heat may pull more other components. But Nomans TEK will get you more other components than A/B methods anyways and a recrystallization is easy anyways.

Last reason:

Even at - 20 °C 100 ml Naphtha still holds ~ 150 mg of Spice. Let's say you did not pull much with every pull. But then your 50 ml will even keep up to 75 mg of Spice. And if you just pulled 100 mg with every pull, then only 25 mg of those dropped at - 20 °C.

So to get this I would say evaporate those pulls to like 25 % down, then freeze again.

BUT I would more encourage you to just throw this Naphtha directly back on your soup again with MORE Naphtha and then (optional) heat it also up to ~ 50 °C.

I would say if you do 3 Pulls with 150 ml Naphtha each at 50 °C you should get all of your DMT out. Then you can reduce the volume down from 450 ml to 50 ml and freeze precipitate it.

If this does not give you crystalline powder then do a recrystallization. Thumbs up

Brennendes Wasser
#3115 Posted : 7/17/2019 10:37:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

theDlarche wrote:
Hey everybody new extractor here looking for the ratio on the us im going to do 75g Hostilis 40g ye 50 ml Nap and .8L of water and when evapating the dmt at the end how long o I let the fan evaporate it

I'm not completely sure about your question ;D

You are looking for the ratio on the us - what does that mean what is the us Laughing

And you want to know how long to use a fan to evaporate the DMT at the end - but this is again confusing. You would not want to evaporate DMT, because then it is away - except when you smoke it and then you evaporate to inhale it. But then I guess you mean to evaporate the solvent that carries the DMT?

So you mean Naphtha after the extraction? So normally of course you would want to evaporate as long as it is still liquid. Naphtha evaporates pretty fast, you would just place the fan in front of a container with the Naphtha and turn it on. By using a plate or anything else with a very high surface area you get a much faster evaporation. Also avoid placing it inside of containers with huge walls like a cooking pot - this slows down evaporation too.

But instead of completely evaporate it you should NOT FULLY EVAPORATE, but at the end place your Naphtha inside of a freezer, before it is completely evaporated. This will still get you 99,9999 % of your DMT, but it will have a much nicer morphology which makes it easier to use and it will have a higher purity, because the unwanted stuff will still mostly be stuck in the rest of your Naphtha when you put it out of your freezer and decant it away from the crystals. Thumbs up

AGS
#3116 Posted : 7/27/2019 10:22:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, first post here !
Anyways swim is planning on doing an extraction for first time using Acacia acuminata.

swim plan on doing a simple A/B tek but was wondering will a STB tek work with Acacia acuminata?

Swim cannot find many methods with this material, one showed the use of a saline solution but swim is wondering can she skip the saline solution?
Acacia acuminata is seen as a fatty so will a de-fat be required?
Lazymans tek looks suitable for swim however swim believes she must ask as the Lazymans tek is made using MHRB.

Swims question is can Lazymans STB tek be used for Acacia acuminata? or can swim work out a way to add a saline solution step to Lazymans STB tek

thanks very much.

collaborator
#3117 Posted : 7/27/2019 9:22:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has there been any progress on finding a reliable extraction method for 5-meo and Bufotenine? (pH, base, NP solvent, etc)
If not, which variables would you recommend trying?
I’m doing analytical testing, so successful pulling is important, but purity isn’t.

Tetsuo22
#3118 Posted : 7/30/2019 11:26:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I've been lurking around these forums for some time & have built up my knowledge but I have a simple question that I hope someone can clarify.
I am about to embark on my first extraction following Cybs Hybrid ATB salt Tek. My only query is about the effect of leaving extended gaps between the stages, specifically between pulls. I will have limited time so is there any reason I could not do my first pull then do the next one the following day or later? Would it make any difference?
Also, when freezing I assume 12-18 hrs is a recommend minimum and it would be in ok to leave it longer? Or is this incorrect?
All advice is gratefully received!
Thumbs up

MetroDetroitStoner
#3119 Posted : 8/8/2019 6:18:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My First Extraction

I plan on doing my first dmt extration. I just want to make sure all of my research is correct and accurate. Ive been reading up on the beautiful spirit molecule.

Materials
After my reasearch the first things im going to acquire are:
Naptha
Sodium Hydroxide/ lye
Mimosa hostilis shredded root bark

I already have: 4 mason jars, a blender, a scale, and measuring items.

Yield
Lets just say i have 1 kilo of the MHRB. From what i read if i do 10 smaller pulls (100g of MHRB) ill get a much better yield than large pulls. I read that the average yield on 1 kilo of MHRB is 9-15g, Does this range sound reasonable? Of course it depend on what tek i use.

After reading this what tips could you give me to get the most successful extration possible?
What materials should i get besides the ones i mentioned? Please let me know the best tek for a beginner like me.

Thanks for the help and guidance,
A stoner

Moderator wrote:
Edited by Moderator. No accounting, this one is a gift. 🎁

Northerner
#3120 Posted : 8/8/2019 12:05:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tetsuo22 wrote:
Hi, I've been lurking around these forums for some time & have built up my knowledge but I have a simple question that I hope someone can clarify.
I am about to embark on my first extraction following Cybs Hybrid ATB salt Tek. My only query is about the effect of leaving extended gaps between the stages, specifically between pulls. I will have limited time so is there any reason I could not do my first pull then do the next one the following day or later? Would it make any difference?
Also, when freezing I assume 12-18 hrs is a recommend minimum and it would be in ok to leave it longer? Or is this incorrect?
All advice is gratefully received!
Thumbs up

Yes it's fine to leave for extended periods of time between pulls. Even weeks or months is fine.
Yes you can leave the solvent in the freezer for extended periods of time as well.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

«PREV154155156157158NEXT»