We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdosing shrooms + harmalas? A sort of micro-psilohuasca. Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 7/18/2019 8:12:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since harmala alkaloids could have benefits on their own AND they potentiate mushrooms, I am thinking of combining them with sub-micro dose of shrooms (perhaps 0.05-0.15 g) in small capsules for use once every 2-3 days.

One possible formulation I think of:

harmine hydrochloride, 50 mg*
tetrahydroharmine hydrochloride, 75 mg*
P. cubensis, 100 mg

*free base alkaoid weight

This should easily fit in a 0 or 00 capsule and the tiny dose of mushrooms might effectively become a microdose with the help of harmalas.

Of course, I will thoroughly dry, grind and mix the mushrooms for consistent potency (I grow my own). I plan to make uniform mixture with harmalas, maybe add some dextrose or corn starch as filler and then encapsulate them in batch.

I will also experiment with different amounts of harmine/THH/shrooms first.

I've had a very pleasant experience with THH & mushrooms and I believe THH has some benefits for the nervous system (brain stem and maybe the hindbrain as well). Its slight SSRI activity can perhaphs improve mood and anxiety.

Finally, the THH/harmine mix should mimic Caapi vine, that is speculated to have beneficial effects to symptoms like Parkinson's.

The microdosing regime might span something like 3 months, followed by pause for at least another 3 months to integrate new habits and lifestyle changes without the help of medicine.

What do you think?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 7/24/2019 11:47:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been finding preloading with harmalas makes the comeup of dmt and psilocybin much warmer.
Warmer in the sense that early on I often experience tactile sensations outside of my usually mapped and sensed body, which can be jarring especially when not relaxed. The unusual physical sensations can be cold and painful at comeup, though as my mind recuperates from the shock becomes euphoric and almost without temperature and then connects to the panopticon Very happy

So for me the harmalas make that first part less cold and foreign feeling. It feels more like sleeping and dreaming, although it is easy to stay awake. I like that harmalas make one feel so mellow. I mostly use rue.
And it changes the general feeling of a trip. I like that it feels earthy and grounded, even in the confusion just easier to trust you're in good hands I find. But I am biased, I have chronic lyme and the rue keeps the inflammation down. It kills pain in an interesting way, slightly dissociative, but not harmful to cognition.

I've never had a separated harmine/THH, but the reports make it sound like an ideal combo for mood enhancement.

Good luck, I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 7/25/2019 12:57:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I also experimented with separate harmalas and shrooms, it really smooths out and potentiates the trip - that's why it makes sense to me to include harmalas in microdosing.

Of course, harmalas might potentiate the microdose too much, so the dosage must be adjusted accordingly (maybe to an half or so).

sbios
#4 Posted : 7/25/2019 1:13:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This seems like a good recipe for microdosing. I'd be interested to know the final mg's per capsule you decide on.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 7/25/2019 2:43:10 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I do this frequently, usually several times a month. I'm sure most of you are aware I take low doses (10-30 mg) of full spectrum syrian rue freebase extract and melatonin nightly. One or twice a week I will eat a small piece of a cubensis fruit (<.25 gram) or a small amount of full spectrum cactus extract as a citrate or ascorbate salt (<25 mg).

Adding the psychedelic microdose increases the vividness of dreams over the harmela alone and seems to add an extra level of well-being in the days following the dose.

Give it a go. I'll be interested to hear your results. Thumbs up

Edit: I should probably add that I don't use capsules, I take the materials sublingually (chew up the mushroom) and wash em down with water after a few mins.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

goddard
#6 Posted : 7/26/2019 6:56:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@dreamer what is the effect of the rue before sleep ? Without the mushroom.
โ€œClose your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.โ€
โ€• Hermes Trismegistus

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 7/26/2019 9:00:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, dreamer042!

I will probably find some volunteers because I cannot test it myself realiably. I have to get off kratom and stimulants first to get "clean" before microdosing. But perhaps it might help me with detox as well...

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 7/28/2019 4:26:50 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

goddard wrote:
@dreamer what is the effect of the rue before sleep ? Without the mushroom.

The harmalas taken alone at that 10-30 mg range have a slightly stoning effect and facilitate a meditative mind state. Upon retiring it becomes very easy to engage the hypnogogia and drift off into deep dream states. There is generally bit of a subtle afterglow feeling upon waking.

Taking much more than 30 mg tends to be fairly active and has the reverse effect keeping me stoned and awake late into the night.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Elrik
#9 Posted : 7/28/2019 6:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like this idea, and am looking forward to your results Smile
75mg of THH base is, for me, a nice dose to elevate mood without obviously causing intoxication and it would be interesting to see how it plays with a barely perceptible dose of mushrooms.
blue.magic wrote:
I've had a very pleasant experience with THH & mushrooms

What parameters did you use?
It was just THH and mushrooms with no harmine? What doses of each? Did you seem to see any potentiation?
Did you dose the THH 30 minutes before so you would have a slight ß-carboline pre-load and they would peak simultaneously, or did you take them at the same time?
I've seen almost no talk of mushrooms + THH in modern times, and I wouldn't trust any old data.

Its been years since I had any mushrooms and I've been getting very tempted to grow a crop this year so I can experiment with combinations of mushrooms with THH and pure harmine.
Mushrooms, alone, always seemed a bit harsh on me. I got a truly life altering experience on them, but it wasn't easy and that's why I originally shifted to producing mescaline and DMT.
I hope to make mushrooms easier on my psyche.

Powdered ginger could be a pill filler.

Dr-Daveman
#10 Posted : 11/1/2020 10:37:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:
Since harmala alkaloids could have benefits on their own AND they potentiate mushrooms, I am thinking of combining them with sub-micro dose of shrooms (perhaps 0.05-0.15 g) in small capsules for use once every 2-3 days.

One possible formulation I think of:

harmine hydrochloride, 50 mg*
tetrahydroharmine hydrochloride, 75 mg*
P. cubensis, 100 mg

*free base alkaoid weight

This should easily fit in a 0 or 00 capsule and the tiny dose of mushrooms might effectively become a microdose with the help of harmalas.

Of course, I will thoroughly dry, grind and mix the mushrooms for consistent potency (I grow my own). I plan to make uniform mixture with harmalas, maybe add some dextrose or corn starch as filler and then encapsulate them in batch.

I will also experiment with different amounts of harmine/THH/shrooms first.

I've had a very pleasant experience with THH & mushrooms and I believe THH has some benefits for the nervous system (brain stem and maybe the hindbrain as well). Its slight SSRI activity can perhaphs improve mood and anxiety.

Finally, the THH/harmine mix should mimic Caapi vine, that is speculated to have beneficial effects to symptoms like Parkinson's.

The microdosing regime might span something like 3 months, followed by pause for at least another 3 months to integrate new habits and lifestyle changes without the help of medicine.

What do you think?

Hey there! I've been reading a lot of your posts over the last year and have learned quite a bit. Thank you for your contributions to the community.

This idea of psilohuasca has also interested me a lot. I have read the addition of the MAOI drastically reduces tolerance of repeated psilocybin administration per another member of the Nexus who tried 4-5 days of regular use (macrodosing if I recall). I am very interested in learning if a blend like this could be used on a more regular dosing interval (perhaps every other day) rather than something like the Fadiman protocol (every 4th day take a microdose). I think this could result in sustaining a more uniform therapeutic benefit

I know it has been a little over a year now since your messages in this thread, but I would be very curious to know how the psilohuasca experiment for microdosing went if you or anyone you know has tried it.

Jozeh
#11 Posted : 11/1/2020 7:46:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Dr-Daveman,

I have also been reading into this area. I have been looking into the Stamets protocol 5 days on 2 days off and making an attempt to understand the science and figure out effective dosing. In the midst of a write up at the moment.

5ht2a receptor is responsible for the typical psychedelic effects, also possibly the cause of the neurogenesis through by upregging AMPA receptors from increase in extracellular glutamate, also a target for anti-depression medication. Psilocybin tolerance causes downregulation of 5ht2a receptors at doses higher than 0.05mg/kg. Increasing dose beyond this causes neurogenesis to drop.

Psilocybin also has affinity for 5ht1a receptors (implicated in fear extinction and hippocampal dependent learning.) but Psilocybin DOESNT cause downregulation of these receptors.

I mention these two as getting the dose correct for Psilocybin alone is proving to be an interesting reading topic. Let alone with Harmalas in the mix. And would introducing it change the doses required?

Betacarbolines have a low affinity for 5ht2a receptor, and the mechanism of action for neurogenesis by Harmine is through inhibition of the DYRK1A gene. I haven't yet found the optimum dose for Harmine.

So it looks like it may be possible to stack these. Limited by the Psilocybin dosage.