We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking to learn about DMT and microdosing Options

dorsia90
#1 Posted : 7/19/2019 4:52:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I'm here because I'd like to learn as much as I can about - and speak to people with personal experiences of - microdosing the spirit molecule. Cards on the table: I'm a journalist researching for an article I'm currently writing, but I do also have some psychedelic experience (shrooms a few times and LSD once). I am genuinely interested in your community and psychedelic experiences in general. My article is about the potential therapeutic benefits of DMT, grounded in some of the studies that have started coming out recently that suggest it may help with some mental health issues. I hope the forum is okay with having me around and it almost goes without saying, but I'll respect anyone's anonymity if they decide to talk to me.

So - thanks for reading my spiel and I'm very excited to learn more about microdosing DMT and psychedelics in general.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

twitchy
#2 Posted : 7/19/2019 5:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're serious about the article, you might find this of interest...
Brazil is giving prisoners Ayahuasca as part of their rehab.
There's also a book called "LSD Psychotherapy", while not DMT, it is probably relevant in many ways to what you're looking into. Johns Hopkins has been doing some interesting research as well with psilocybin.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

abrelosojos
#3 Posted : 7/19/2019 7:48:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool! all efforts to raise awareness help.

Some tidbits that may help this conversation.

- Are you familiar with the work done at the John Hopkins Psychedelic Research Unit?
- What route of administration?
- DMT is the salt,fumerate, or the NN´DMT freebase in strict sense
- In a broader sense triptamines as Psilocin are so closely related that even Dennis Mckenna says it´s an oral form of DMT. Psilocibyn, 5-Meo, Bufotenin have similar structures.

I´m from Mexico where currently 5-Meo is all the rage. There have been centers as crossroads where they have succesfully used 5-meo to threat serious issues.

In a personal level i have tried microdosing with cubensis, but have not stick or committed to doing it properly

∇Endless ⃤
#4 Posted : 7/20/2019 1:15:00 AM

😍

welcome to the nexus!
I'd like to read your article and any related data you find.
you probably have already read these studies but I'll link them just in case you haven't:

Psychedelics Promote Structural and Functional Neural Plasticity

Psychoplastogens: A Promising Class of Plasticity-Promoting Neurotherapeutics

dorsia90
#5 Posted : 7/22/2019 11:34:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
If you're serious about the article, you might find this of interest...
Brazil is giving prisoners Ayahuasca as part of their rehab.
There's also a book called "LSD Psychotherapy", while not DMT, it is probably relevant in many ways to what you're looking into. Johns Hopkins has been doing some interesting research as well with psilocybin.

Thanks Twitchy. I hadn't seen the ayahuasca article before. I'm focussing primarily on microdosing, but evidence of ayahuasca providing mental health benefits is definitely interesting.

I have seen the work John Hopkins has been doing. At Imperial College, here in the UK, we have a new psychedelic research centre that is doing good research on microdosing.

dorsia90
#6 Posted : 7/22/2019 11:35:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

∇Endless ⃤ wrote:
welcome to the nexus!
I'd like to read your article and any related data you find.
you probably have already read these studies but I'll link them just in case you haven't:

Psychedelics Promote Structural and Functional Neural Plasticity

Psychoplastogens: A Promising Class of Plasticity-Promoting Neurotherapeutics

Hey Endless, I'll post the article here once it's published. Thanks for the links!

dorsia90
#7 Posted : 7/22/2019 11:43:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

abrelosojos wrote:
Cool! all efforts to raise awareness help.

Some tidbits that may help this conversation.

- Are you familiar with the work done at the John Hopkins Psychedelic Research Unit?
- What route of administration?
- DMT is the salt,fumerate, or the NN´DMT freebase in strict sense
- In a broader sense triptamines as Psilocin are so closely related that even Dennis Mckenna says it´s an oral form of DMT. Psilocibyn, 5-Meo, Bufotenin have similar structures.

I´m from Mexico where currently 5-Meo is all the rage. There have been centers as crossroads where they have succesfully used 5-meo to threat serious issues.

In a personal level i have tried microdosing with cubensis, but have not stick or committed to doing it properly

Thanks for your reply Abreelosojos. I am familiar with the JH work - as well as some other studies including this -one - that showed DMT reducing anxiety in rats.

Administration appears to be the main reason microdosing DMT is less popular than LSD or shrooms. Most people I have spoken to so far have been smoking small amounts of it on a regular basis. Can I ask how you tried MDing cubensis? I guess it's also possible to ingest small amounts of it with a MAOI (but my knowledge is not that strong on the subject yet!)

How did you find MDing it and how come you didn't commit?

Thanks!

Ssamerica
#8 Posted : 7/23/2019 12:17:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can only see DMT being useful in microdosing taken orally in the form of ayahuasca.. I can't really see smoking or inhaling it to be effective in small dosages. Keep us updated Very happy

abrelosojos
#9 Posted : 7/23/2019 4:50:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Dorsia

I wnated to try microdosing after reading Michael Pollans book and learning more about Paul Stamets. At that time i Didnt commit and i did it lazily Without a scale. Etc. I was just doing really small doses between 2 or 3 days. Really feeling well and happy.. but without a process it was just lazy work, and decided to better commit two months to explore DMT in a few sessions, which im thankful that i have the opportunity to do so.

For shrooms u dont need a maoi. 4-aco and 4-ho dmt are bioavailable orally. Easier even to microdose on them than microdosing ayahuasca (i think). I have never tried ayahuasca or pharmahuasca. Thats why i may be biased on microdosing mushrooms.

Im from mexico and we love them. The season of fresh mushrooms is about to start. They are called teonacatl (food of the gods) for a reason. Im also a huge believer in the inmense power of 5-meo-DMT which maxes out the mystical - kundalini - life changing experience scale. Thanks to that im here and eager to share!

MachienDome
#10 Posted : 7/25/2019 11:45:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome dorsia! I think you'll find we're all here trying to do the same thing as you...learn about this whole DMT thing...be sure to post your article when finished!
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

twitchy
#11 Posted : 7/25/2019 12:28:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't think you could microdose DMT orally as it requires sufficient MAOI to be active? Can you microdose aya or use it sublingually?
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.