We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quitting or cutting back coffee to prepare for AYA Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 7/20/2019 4:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I a few weeks I finally havean opportunity to participate in a sacred ceremony. I have used DMT and changa for years but in preparing for this experience COFFEE is the tough one to kick. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Is cutting to one morning cup acceptable or do I bite the bullet and quit prior to ceremony? I know that overuse of caffiene with MAOI inhibitors can lead to hypertension. Bracing myself for withdrawal... Crying or very sad
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 7/20/2019 9:31:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

One cup in the morning is fine in my experience and i've heard many others say the same. The thing to worry about when it comes to Coffee is mainly that Caffeine is metabolized by CYP1A2 which is a liver enzyme that Harmalas inhibit, has really nothing to do with MAO-A inhibition, so with CYP1A2 inhibition the Caffeine will be potentiated quite a lot so a little Caffeine would go a long way, but that's if it's consumed with the Harmalas, so a cup of coffee early in the morning is no big deal, but ultimately it's up to you.

skoobysnax
#3 Posted : 7/21/2019 2:47:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply and the science behind it, exactly what I was looking for. That all makes sense.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?