We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca in Guyana? Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 7/18/2019 10:11:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a wealth of information about retreats and the like from the Caribbean to Peru, but I've not been able to find anything of the sort in Guyana. Wife and I are seriously considering an Ayahuasca related vacation, and we really enjoy the idea of going to Guyana because of the language barrier. We were surprised to find nothing really of the sort in Guyana. I know that some of the indigenous tribes there use it, but information is seems hard to come by. Does anybody here know if it's even legal there?

Any recommendations would also be greatly appreciated, if Guyana doesn't pan out then Peru is our next choice and there's so many retreats and organizations there that it's a little intimidating. We're not rich at all, and will have a once in a lifetime chance to do this so we want to be really careful in choosing where and who we get involved with. Shipibo ceremonies seem to be highly recommended, but we don't want to end up in some touristy large group sessions and would also enjoy cactus/mushroom sessions which some of the retreats apparently offer as well.

We've never traveled anywhere aside from the occasional road trips within the US, so would also greatly appreciate any tips or advice on this as well. Aside from having to get passports, visas, inoculations etc., we're clueless.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.