We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT as a 19 year old? Options

mightyfish
#1 Posted : 7/17/2019 3:08:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, first time posting here!

I've been incredibly interested in DMT for the past few months, and having tried LSD a couple of times (and had incredibly positive experiences) and cannabis a fair amount (every other day for the past few months), I of course really want to try it. Of course, being 19 is a big red flag, but I consider myself very emotionally mature and intelligent for my age (starting studying engineering at a top university in the fall, one of Stanford, Harvard or MIT) and have been into meditation for the past year or so. I haven't had any psycological problems, come from a loving, alive family and consider myself very headstrong. I've done a lot of contemplating/looking into philosophy over the past few years, and think of DMT as the next step.

I also recognise that I'm 19, and DMT is extremely potent and I don't want to mess around with it, so if you recommend not to try it yet (as I expect you probably will), what would you recommend as a "route" to trying DMT? Ie trip acid a few/lot more times, do another drug first, leave it a year etc

Thanks!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 7/17/2019 7:02:39 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Just like with a tattoo...think about it with no hurry.

The joke of dmt is it is never what you expect--but I have the inkling that what you will expect will be waay more off because of the little exp you have with mind alteration. I say become well versed in psychedelics for some time, jumping to dmt is too headstrong. Then again, beyond the shock of hyperspace, it sounds like youd be okay to do it at least once. But you will see that its somewhere pretty deep to go in the mind...

When you are truly ready then you will do it despite all fears! And then it will be the right time
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

RoundAbout
#3 Posted : 7/17/2019 8:37:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mightyfish wrote:
Hey guys, first time posting here!

I've been incredibly interested in DMT for the past few months, and having tried LSD a couple of times (and had incredibly positive experiences) and cannabis a fair amount (every other day for the past few months), I of course really want to try it. Of course, being 19 is a big red flag, but I consider myself very emotionally mature and intelligent for my age (starting studying engineering at a top university in the fall, one of Stanford, Harvard or MIT) and have been into meditation for the past year or so. I haven't had any psycological problems, come from a loving, alive family and consider myself very headstrong. I've done a lot of contemplating/looking into philosophy over the past few years, and think of DMT as the next step.

I also recognise that I'm 19, and DMT is extremely potent and I don't want to mess around with it, so if you recommend not to try it yet (as I expect you probably will), what would you recommend as a "route" to trying DMT? Ie trip acid a few/lot more times, do another drug first, leave it a year etc

Thanks!

I think route of administration and dosage are primary considerations, and you didn't mention either. I doubt many people are going to discourage you from trying a low dose of oral DMT. But is that really what you're here for? Maybe you're drawn to DMT by its reputation, which has mainly developed from people smoking large doses or using it ritualistically with other drugs. Vaporizing tryptamines (often DMT or 5-MeO-DMT) is a lot different than oral administration in terms of intensity, come up time, duration etc. Obviously oral DMT requires an MAOI though, making it a little more complicated than say shrooms or LSD and a little more difficult to obtain... so why not try shrooms first like your peers are probably already doing? They're both tryptamines... psilocin is 4-HO-DMT.

Do I think you should vaporize a massive dose of DMT? There's no rush, you might as well get some more experience with less 'exotic' drugs, and maybe have a difficult experience or two. No need to rush these experience either. Your priorities may change by then.

Loverofallthings
#4 Posted : 7/17/2019 10:01:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to echo Roundabout here. Give mushrooms a try and appreciate how the tryptamine experience differs from LSD. If DMT is something that you are interested in, give it a whirl! I don’t think your age is a huge red flag to me. Be cautious and do your homework with regards to safety. Don’t rush it and listen to the voice inside your head.

WarpedDimension
#5 Posted : 7/17/2019 11:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you feel you are ready to experience DMT, then you are ready. Educating yourself on the use pf psychedelics is paramount to having positive, instructive and healthy experiences. I think once you head down the psychedelic road it is just a matter of time before you utter the statement "I took too much!" or something to that affect. I think many psychonauts can relate to this.

The thing is that I have said that so many times and yet return. Why? I made it! I pushed through and positively integrated my experiences. I see where my mind was wrong. I see where my mind entered a panic state, fight or flight state or general negative emotions. Over the years I learned how to maintain in some cases, riding it out if you will. In other instances it is just skill. I say that with no ego. Practice anything and you will improve. As skilled as one can be in the world of psychedelics and you can still enter into a world that makes you exclaim perhaps one of the following statements.

"I did it this time, I am permanently broken!"

"I am dead"

"I took too much"

"I want out! This is more than I can take!"

etc..etc..etc..

It happens to the best of us. Perhaps there are some folks out there that can handle anything thrown at them with most psychedelics. They take DMT and it is another story. DMT is just on another level. I fully support your decision to try DMT if you feel you are ready for it. If you are having second thoughts about it, wait, come back to it when you are feeling strong.

Good luck in whatever decision you make! Enjoy the journey!
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

misohim
#6 Posted : 7/18/2019 10:31:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As they say.. if the shoe fits..

If you have the patience and means to research it enough to the point of extraction and having some in front of you ready to smoke.. go ahead.. Just make sure you approach it with respect as im sure you will. I'm not a huge fan of people pushing for super high dose/breakthrough experiences on their first time round. Sit and smoke it in a comfortable setting and make friends with the experience and if you feel compelled to go deeper, then do so.. There are no real set rules with this kind of stuff, just practice caution and respect and you will be fine! Enjoy Love

mightyfish
#7 Posted : 7/29/2019 2:34:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the great replies guys - this is definitely one of the nicest forums I've been on!

I'll leave the DMT for a bit, and focus on using shrooms and LSD a bit more over the next few months.

Thanks again!

JKW
#8 Posted : 7/29/2019 3:32:23 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

mightyfish wrote:
Thanks for the great replies guys - this is definitely one of the nicest forums I've been on!

Isn't it? I thought the same when I first arrived.

mightyfish wrote:
I'll leave the DMT for a bit, and focus on using shrooms and LSD a bit more over the next few months.

Thanks again!

Enjoy the mushrooms. You will see that they're very rewarding and very kind.
In my experience higher doses are better than lower even to start with. A 1/8 (3.5 gr) is a good beginning. Get a scale from Amazon for $30. It's worth it to weigh your doses. If it's a milligram scale, you'll be able to weight your DMT as well, in the future.

DMT is also very rewarding and kind as well, but it can turn on you very easily for reasons I don't quite understand yet (unless you do it too often); so perhaps a little bit more experience would help. I didn't try it until I was 49, if only because I had no access to it until then.
Even at 49 my first trip was startling.