We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How long can San Pedro stay damp? Options

Nathaniel
#21 Posted : 7/15/2019 9:23:12 PM

Nathaniel

Grey Fox wrote:
I would cut that plant if it was mine. The main problem is that kink near the bottom. Looks like there is also a second thin, weak section near mid height by the 2 pieces of tape. I would cut a little below both thin sections. Let it callus up and then you have 2 new sections to plant, and I would plant them fairly deep. The base will pup just fine.

You dont want to have thin, weak sections of the column that cant support the weight properly. It isnt fun to chop up a cactus, especially once it starts getting to a decent height. But in the long run its better to address these issues now, and then provide proper care and conditions moving forward from here.

If I have to, I'll cut it in a few months after I see how it grows. I don't want to hurt this guy any more right now. Also it's the same diameter all the way up, it just looks weird because of... everything. I was definitely planning on having a big ol' top cutting of this thing before it got chopped. I've had my bridgesii for a couple years now and they haven't branched at all, so I'm kind of excited for that. We'll see how it goes.

You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Grey Fox
#22 Posted : 7/15/2019 10:44:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Nathaniel
#23 Posted : 7/15/2019 11:38:00 PM

Nathaniel

Thanks for the help, though. I figured someone would suggest to chop it. I was actually going to ask about that, but got sidetracked by sunburn. I'm thinking that this guy will grow a little branch and then I can have a neat clone. I was just wary about cutting since it's so scarred.

I'll probably post some updates further along the way. It's exciting to have so much action during growing season. I'm going to have numerous pedro clones after this year!

Grey Fox
#24 Posted : 7/16/2019 6:48:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The top part looks good. That pup will grow better if you dont cut the cactus now. But after this growing season ends you may want to reconsider and cut it. Once they start to lean and there is a thin weak spot eventually the column will break, unless you prop it up forever. But best luck with whatever you decide to do. That glaucous color looks nice.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Nathaniel
#25 Posted : 7/16/2019 2:11:03 PM

Nathaniel

Grey Fox wrote:
The top part looks good. That pup will grow better if you dont cut the cactus now. But after this growing season ends you may want to reconsider and cut it. Once they start to lean and there is a thin weak spot eventually the column will break, unless you prop it up forever. But best luck with whatever you decide to do. That glaucous color looks nice.

Cool Thanks! Yea I'll probably have to cut it after this year, which is fine. I just want to nurse this thing back to health and have a beautiful plant again. I like glaucous Smile

Next, we wait for the flowers....

downwardsfromzero
#26 Posted : 9/19/2019 12:01:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How's the cactus doing?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Nathaniel
#27 Posted : 10/5/2019 4:23:12 PM

Nathaniel

Well! Thanks Smile . Sunburn has healed on my bridgesii and the new branch is taking off. My other bridge sprouted at the base and is looking to be sizable. I gave my plants a good watering just a couple weeks ago and things are looking good.

I'm also excited that my croton is blowing up. I might actually have to cut it before the end of the year. I'll probably let my cacti grow and then cut them next year. Thumbs up

PREV12