We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Spice Options

Poads
#1 Posted : 7/19/2014 11:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You know, I always hate how DMT is often called spice. Sometimes I'll tell someone I do spice, and they think I'm talking about that synthetic marijuana crap. Then I have to explain to them, no it's DMT. I wish it had a different nickname. Or better yet, I wish that synthetic marijuana stuff was called something other than spice.

Just a random rant haha
POADS is gone!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

yamma1
#2 Posted : 7/19/2014 1:40:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For most of the people I know, If I said "spice" they would ask " what is spice?" I would say " DMT" and they would reply " what's DMT?" Smile

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

Adjhart
#3 Posted : 7/19/2014 2:50:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm different but I rarely find a person who is capable of receiving that type of information from me.

While I believe everyone on earth should have this knowledge, I think that in some situations more harm than good can come out of dropping this knowledge on someone who isn't tuned for the message.

Trust me, I wanna tell everyone!

I just ask myself - "Am I telling this person to fulfill my ego or to help someone?" That can usually give me my answer.

It's not that I think of myself as someone who should judge others apparent 'readiness', it's just that I don't want to feel responsible if someone dove in head first without preparing and came back with a bad experience.

Godsmacker
#4 Posted : 7/29/2014 3:44:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think DMT is called spice because freebase DMT tastes very spicey.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

anrchy
#5 Posted : 7/29/2014 5:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought some people call it spice as a "dune" reference. I dont know why but i dislike all the nicknames that have been attached to DMT. I have used a couple out of jest or because that was the word used in that thread and for some reason i used it too.

I prefer "DMT". That's what i call it during verbal communication.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

TiHKAL
#6 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:00:57 AM

Nullius in verba.

Call it the spirit molecule, that should get their attention! Pleased

3rdI
#7 Posted : 7/29/2014 8:19:56 AM

veni, vidi, spici

its not spice, its MAGIC
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

hug46
#8 Posted : 7/29/2014 12:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don"t like the name DMT. It sounds like DDT or GBH. If i was a politician i would make sure that DMT stayed illegal just because the name sounds scary. I could imagine a jackbooted skinhead having the letters DMT tattooed on his forehead .

Don"t much like any of the other names like deemsters either. Angel flakes is ok but that makes me think of breakfast cereal. Dandruff of Gods is good. It doesn"t really roll off of the toungue very well but could be shortened to DoG. Then we could be called DoG nexus and we could refer to our hyperspatial adventures as dogging.

Spice is ok i guess, but it makes me think of aftershave commercials.

3rdI
#9 Posted : 7/29/2014 1:11:36 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hug46 wrote:
Then we could be called DoG nexus and we could refer to our hyperspatial adventures as dogging.

Laughing
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

anrchy
#10 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:07:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
hug46 wrote:
Then we could be called DoG nexus and we could refer to our hyperspatial adventures as dogging.

Laughing

Ok that made me laugh.

if it absolutely needs a nickname why dont we just call it "holy Sh*t". Cause you know, jenkem's for n00bs.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Beyond Me
#11 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:31:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Adjhart wrote:
I just ask myself - "Am I telling this person to fulfill my ego or to help someone?" That can usually give me my answer.

^^This. Very succinct pointer to the truth behind the desire to 'Enlighten' others.

I usually end up inquiring further and realize there is no other and I'm always talking to myself, but then again, after realizing this I have no desire to tell them about DMT haha

Has left me bemused on quite a few occasions.

TiHKAL wrote:
Call it the spirit molecule, that should get their attention!Pleased

I concur
'The Spirit Molecule' seems to be the easiest and unfortunately most politically correct way to label DMT. The book immensely helps to dispel many erroneous views of psychedelics. Quite a few people whom I know have become aware using this method of introduction.

Poads wrote:
..they think I'm talking about that synthetic marijuana crap.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean..
Whenever you are immersed in compulsive thinking. You don't want to be where you are. Here, Now.

-Eckhart Tolle

Japansage
#12 Posted : 7/29/2014 7:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Adjhart wrote:
Maybe I'm different but I rarely find a person who is capable of receiving that type of information from me.

While I believe everyone on earth should have this knowledge, I think that in some situations more harm than good can come out of dropping this knowledge on someone who isn't tuned for the message.

Trust me, I wanna tell everyone!

It's not that I think of myself as someone who should judge others apparent 'readiness', it's just that I don't want to feel responsible if someone dove in head first without preparing and came back with a bad experience.

yeah Im the same! I also sometimes think that for someone whos never actually taken it, talking about it seems pointless as they'll never grasp the full blown magic of which i speak. Sometimes I get urges to talk to my friends about it when im drunk, and its defo down to fulfilling my ego so i try and stop short.

Shanghigher
#13 Posted : 7/29/2014 8:25:44 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

After doing it the first time, my last thought before I went to bed was "surely its nickname should be dynamite?"

It has both the initials and the... err... explosive kick to it. Personally, I was surprised no-one seems to have called it dynamite already.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Poads
#14 Posted : 7/30/2014 12:27:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shanghigher wrote:
After doing it the first time, my last thought before I went to bed was "surely its nickname should be dynamite?"

It has both the initials and the... err... explosive kick to it. Personally, I was surprised no-one seems to have called it dynamite already.

I'm down for that nickname Smile
POADS is gone!

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 7/30/2014 12:54:07 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
DMT was first synthesized in 1931 by Canadian chemist Richard Helmuth Fredrick Manske (1901–1977).[10][11] In general, its discovery as a natural product is credited to Brazilian chemist and microbiologist Oswaldo Gonçalves de Lima (1908–1989) who, in 1946, isolated an alkaloid he named nigerina (nigerine) from the root bark of jurema preta, that is, Mimosa tenuiflora.[11][12][13]
https://en.wikipedia.org...methyltryptamine#History

Nigerina

Obscure, exotic, tenebrous

Cool

P.S. - I would also like to propose we re-adopt the name telepathine for harmine
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

universecannon
#16 Posted : 7/30/2014 1:35:58 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

...you mean.....you guys don't all just call it deemsterz?

I kid i kid Razz

We used to call it spice a lot here (see DUNE). But after the whole synthetic cannabinoid 'spice' explosion, it died off.

dreamer042 wrote:

P.S. - I would also like to propose we re-adopt the name telepathine for harmine

I second this motion

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Entheogenerator
#17 Posted : 7/30/2014 9:31:10 AM

Homo discens

3rdI wrote:
its not spice, its MAGIC

I have to say, I have always appreciated your use of the nickname "Magic". I dig it. Thumbs up

Sometimes, depending on the context, I find myself preferring to use the full names of psychoactive compounds in conversations ("N,N-dimethyltryptamine", or simply "dimethyltryptamine" ), but I'm pretty sure I just do this because I like to make myself sound smart. My ego loves a good self-stroke. Plus, there's nothing like a casual conversation regarding the receptor-binding profile of 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine to drive the ladies wild! Laughing
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

DeltaSpice
#18 Posted : 8/1/2014 10:23:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When me and my friend talk about DMT we call it "Delta"
Recently though I've started to call it "Medicine"
Don't forget about "Changaroonie" Pleased ok I just made that up

SpartanII
#19 Posted : 8/2/2014 12:48:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man it's been a while since I've had some Dimensional Precipitate.

darklordsson
#20 Posted : 8/2/2014 1:33:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Rocket Ride" is what I would call it. idk, maybe Gods Gift?---> (I know its a weed name as well lol) "Something Amazing!" how bout that? lol

Love u guys! ---dls---

12NEXT