We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
dmt & death (the warning) PLZ TAKE A SEC TO READ AND REPLIY Options

steelrain_420
#1 Posted : 4/22/2008 5:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the last time i broke the threshhold will be the last time i was told if i returned i would die here(REALITY) and stay there in the(NEXUS)

it scared me it really scared me

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF DMT KILLING A PERSON? CAN IT KILL?

PLZ WRIGHT BACK DO YOU THINK I MISS UNDERSTOOD? OR SHOOD I HEED THE WARNING?
anything i say is only for fun its all made up i have never done drugs cuz drugs are bad! so forget what i said unless your the kinda person that belives in other worlds/reallitys in wich case you are trippin and maby crazy i mean (hyperspace)come on man thats crazy talk..................................right?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 4/22/2008 5:35:43 PM

The Great Namah

You will not die.

Only your EGO will die, but that will come back.

There are no known reports of DMT killing anyone.

LD50 for DMT is around 14grams IV'd for a 250lb male. I think you are probably pretty safe..k?

Remember, even entities can lie. Blind faith is not always a good thing.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

steelrain_420
#3 Posted : 4/22/2008 6:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

THANK YOU ACOLON_5 FUNNY YOU ANSERD I HOPED YOU WOULD, NOT THAT I KNOW YOU I JUST READ YOUR STUFF AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE (EXSPERAINCE IN HYPERSPACE.) I SMOKE DMT IN A GLASS PIPE SPRINKLED OVER WEED IS THERE A BETTER WAY?
DOSE IT GET EAZYER TO CROSS OVER? I TRIED ONCE SINCE MY BAD EXSPERIANCE BUT CHICKEND OUT ON THE DROP IN (IM A PUSSY I KNOW BUT THE SPIRITS SCARED ME)

anything i say is only for fun its all made up i have never done drugs cuz drugs are bad! so forget what i said unless your the kinda person that belives in other worlds/reallitys in wich case you are trippin and maby crazy i mean (hyperspace)come on man thats crazy talk..................................right?

LemonScented
#4 Posted : 4/22/2008 6:33:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I suppose you have every reason to be anxious about blasting off. It can be very frightening but mostly its dose related. I suggest you try it with a much lower dose. maybe try vaporizing it... it'll give you a better idea of what the experience is like. personally, SWIM has never been able to break threshold with it over weed. just go slow with it and find the dose that is right for you.

lucious
#5 Posted : 4/22/2008 6:35:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No need to yell, though I know it can be an exciting ride. Think it was terrence mckenna who said if you didnt think you were going to die you didnt do it right, or something to that effect. As for getting easier, yeah as you get a better hold on the headspace it gets easier to take the plunge, doesnt necissarily mean the plunge will be smoother, just easier to submit yourself to it. Also the spice sometimes has a way of reeling you in for a rough ride, kinda like sometimes it uses the kid gloves until it thinks you are ready to play rough.
Ego death, if that is what it has in store for you, can be a trying time leave you realizing what a degenerate piece shit you are, can also be one of the most enlightening experience of you life. Guess it is what you take out of it.

Remember it only means what you say it means.

modsquad09
#6 Posted : 4/22/2008 8:39:13 PM

mods

Ive heard of a shaman saying that this one dude did auyahuasca, and he died. They said the spirits kept him there. I also think if you have high/abnormal blood pressure that you could possibly be so terrified that you could have a heart attack.ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. everyone reacts differently... trust yourself.your instincts.
No one has ever died from dmt..
Ego loss can have a very harsh after effect, or very possotive(shrooms). I have experienced it twice, 1st time was good, second not so good(with lsd)...but still different and both good.
Maybe since ive been to such strange places twice, i dont see them as dying anymore...
but dmt can def. shake things up if it wants to, respect the sp!!!ce!!!!!!
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

THE DIMETHYL MAN MAN
#7 Posted : 4/23/2008 8:03:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

modsquad09 wrote:
Ive heard of a shaman saying that this one dude did auyahuasca, and he died.

Might be a different instance that I'm thinking of, but I think it was a lady and it was cause of some health complication (she should not have been dosing).

Where ever I heard that from also said that it was basically chalked up to negligence on the guides' parts (it was two shaman holding aya sessions to tourists for a fee).

Anyhow, as mentioned before, if you have any heart or blood pressure issues then it is probably in your best interest not to smoke dmt. If that's the case, you could always opt for the ayahuasca route; so long as you won't have any problems with the maois, and that you adhere to the dietary restrictions.

All that aside, dmt is what you might call an 'endogenous hallucinogen' which means 1)it occurs naturally in you and every other living plant and animal on the planet, and 2)it is not deadly in and of itself, and is perfectly suitable for willing and eligible participants.

If it seems you get into some really heavy shit while under the influence then, well, that's just what the drug does. Just remember that it's a tool, use it for what you will. Or more like, let it do what it will to you, lol.
Jorkest wrote:
SWIM was flying through many rooms and came to one where there were hundreds of cartoon women with jimjam shooting out of their tits

Trickster
#8 Posted : 4/23/2008 1:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I took extract of 7 g of rue seeds + 40 mg of spice (smoked) and I was dead sure that I can only return to the DMT-space to die. And know what? In 2 hours, steel reeling from the experience I took another 40 mg hit. I did not die.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 4/23/2008 2:30:57 PM

The Great Namah

steelrain_420 wrote:
THANK YOU ACOLON_5 FUNNY YOU ANSERD I HOPED YOU WOULD, NOT THAT I KNOW YOU I JUST READ YOUR STUFF AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE (EXSPERAINCE IN HYPERSPACE.) I SMOKE DMT IN A GLASS PIPE SPRINKLED OVER WEED IS THERE A BETTER WAY?
DOSE IT GET EAZYER TO CROSS OVER? I TRIED ONCE SINCE MY BAD EXSPERIANCE BUT CHICKEND OUT ON THE DROP IN (IM A PUSSY I KNOW BUT THE SPIRITS SCARED ME)

It does get easier. After spending an hour or two (cumulative of course) in hyperspace you get a feel for what it is all about. This is not to say that intense, traumatic, or terrifing journeys won't happen, they will on occasion, but the dealing with them becomes easier. After a bad experience I usually wait a week or so before trying it again.

I personally use the leaf bed method (what you are using). The only suggestion I can make it to make sure that there is something UNDER the spice as well. Otherwise alot will melt through the sceen and be lost. My friend uses the machine with alot of success. I used to use a glass bulb vaporizer, but was a little tricky for me to get right. Remember again not all spirits in hyperspace are nice, or truthful, or wish you happy days! Most, from my experience, are indifferent or benevolent towards us travelers.

My friend sometimes winds up in a pack of snarling, growling pink catfish!
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 4/23/2008 2:38:45 PM

The Great Namah

People have been harmed by Ayahuasca but not because of the DMT in the mixture. It is usually an admixture plant (tobacco overdose is very possible with an MAOI in your system) like tobacco, datura sp, or massive, massive amounts of MAOI (for people with high BP).

DMT itself is VERY, VERY hard to overdose on. You would have to smoke over 10 GRAMS of pure spice within two or so minutes. MAOI's by themselves are also hard to overdose on. One report I read said it would take 15 liters of FULL strength aya (caapi+p. viridis) to OD. Brazil did a bunch of studies before legalizing ayahuasca.

You can also die from a water overdose at 17 liters...so the safety profile for Harmine+DMT is pretty close to that of water!

I do not worry about dieing from DMT or aya unless you have SERIOUS blood pressure issues, hard-core diabetes that is not under control, or some other very serious malady.
The Spice extends life

burnt
#11 Posted : 4/23/2008 6:24:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

yes i would say that death was more likely a result of an odd mixture of plants and/or improper dieting and/or health problems.

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 4/23/2008 7:05:42 PM

The Great Namah

burnt wrote:
yes i would say that death was more likely a result of an odd mixture of plants and/or improper dieting and/or health problems.

Even the diet part is questionable. It is more a restriction for MAOI's that destroy (ie pharmacuticals) not temporarily bind to the MAO-A enzyme. The MAO-B enzyms are left intact and uninhibited and can break up the tyramine.

"harmine is reversible and selective meaning it does not have nearly as high a risk for the "cheese syndrome" caused by consuming tyramine-containing foods"
The Spice extends life

SyZyGyPSy
#13 Posted : 4/23/2008 7:08:33 PM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

If it's the case I'm thinking of, there was once an old lady who had some fatal disease, can't remember what it was, but she was like 97 or something and clearly on her way out anyway. The shaman who was trying to heal her was clearly a dumbass, cuz he put too much tobacco in her brew, and she died of nicotiene poisoning. Maois and dmt had nothing to do with her dying, it was simply a case of too much tobacco for an old lady to be drinking. Heck, ANYONE should be careful drinking tobacco, or any solanaceous brew.

I also remember reading a case report of "ayahuasca poisoning" where the victim had extremely high levels of 5-meo-dmt, which apparently can be deadly in combination with a maoi. Dennis McKenna wrote a demand for clarity to the publishers of this report, basically saying it couldn't have been true ayahuasca cuz there's no known admixture plants with that much 5-meo, so it musta been pharmahuasca or something instead. The publishers responded by saying they didn't have any more background information on the case.

So, as it stands now, dmt and harmaloids are still totally safe in terms of toxicity, no known cases of death. But yeah, your ego on the other hand, may not survive the trip. This may be what you're being prepared for... the death that comes before rebirth. I say go for it! Wink
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 4/23/2008 7:45:16 PM

The Great Namah

"Risk assessment of ritual use of oral dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and harmala alkaloids" is the report. It is by Robert S. Gable

It is a good read (somewhat technical though). If anyone has any doubts or questions I suggest reading it. It may alleviate some fears.

Other overdoses that could be found were things like 100grams of syrian rue after eating a massive amount of sheep testicles, 5-meo-dmt in the mix, or atropine/scopolamine o/d. Rolling eyes However, all of these overdoses did recover.

1 death, and it was not related to dmt!
The Spice extends life

SyZyGyPSy
#15 Posted : 4/23/2008 8:28:49 PM
Tryptophilese Metaphysticus Anomalopteris III

Dude, most righteous! Thanks for the file! Cool
The Ultimate Secret of the Universe is that there is no Ultimate Secret of the Universe... there's just a bunch of stuff that happens.

acolon_5
#16 Posted : 4/23/2008 8:35:15 PM

The Great Namah

My pleasure! Oh, and the woman had the Caapi+Tobacco "brew" administered as an enema....that is seriously just asking for trouble.
The Spice extends life

modsquad09
#17 Posted : 4/23/2008 8:48:49 PM

mods

nice, good reasearch! yea were all pretty safe i was just throwing that out there..

I actually heard that in a terrence mckenna lecture or something i cant remember..

But they just said that one case, the "spirits" didnt let their soul come back. thats what the shaman said the reason for their death was...cant remember if it was a lady.. dont remember them saying they where sick.
but yea the chances of that happining is rare.

But shitt weve all smoked it more than once, and ive done auya a few times.. im still here!

But seriously none of us really know the power of the dmt realm. I think if they are some sort of higher power, or alein that yea maybe they can effect us.
I wonder if they look at karma, or how they decide if they like someone.
I thought they were very loving, but i guess every trip is different.

Plus ego death is so different, then a being actually telling you straight up not to come back.

acolon_5
#18 Posted : 4/23/2008 9:35:53 PM

The Great Namah

I know that Black Caapi is used when a person is about to die. It is said that if one is on aya made with black caapi when he/she dies your spirit will remain with the jungle and not pass on to the spirit world. It is a way to give back to Mother Aya.

Dunno...just some chatter I heard on another forum.
The Spice extends life

modsquad09
#19 Posted : 4/23/2008 9:56:05 PM

mods

acolon_5 wrote:
I know that Black Caapi is used when a person is about to die. It is said that if one is on aya made with black caapi when he/she dies your spirit will remain with the jungle and not pass on to the spirit world. It is a way to give back to Mother Aya.

Dunno...just some chatter I heard on another forum.

whoa thats crazy, id like to hear more on that

DMTripper
#20 Posted : 4/24/2008 2:09:07 AM

John Murdoch IV

lucious wrote:
Think it was terrence mckenna who said if you didn't think you were going to die you didnt do it right, or something to that effect.

I remember him say that if you didn't feel like you've done too much, then you've hadn't done enough Smile

But I think the only way to die of DMT would be to have an heart attack from the rush of coming up.
But you would need to have some heart problems before.
But last time I took off I seriously thought my heart was going to explode. It was pumping painfully hard. Well I had a really nasty ride. That was more than a year ago and
I'm still working on the guts to go again Razz hahaha. Well I've also been to busy to think about hyperspace travel. But I have some spice so I'll probably do it soon Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

12NEXT