We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First steps Options

smiletolerantly
#1 Posted : 11/28/2022 12:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all. I'm having my first DMT experiences and so far they've been rewarding ones. I'm using Tomtegubbe's "very easy pharmahuasca" recipe, as found here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=96912 and taking a generally cautious approach.

Not sure I enjoy the oral ingestion route. Drinking this powder sludge is not pleasant; it is basically like drinking paint. I need something better; that is, something less foul.

First trip - last Wednesday evening - was a very cautious low dose, of about 2g paint powder. No visual hallucinations even with my eyes closed, but a sense of mildly-altered reality, or in fact, a sense of apprehending reality in its true nature. Sufficient for me to understand that this direction is good, and further work is warranted, which was really the purpose of the exercise. Also sufficient for me to properly perceive my intention, which is to say, self-nurturing growth. An enjoyable, enlightening and self-contained little non-trip, that left me feeling energised and refreshed well into the following morning.

Second trip - Friday evening - went to 3.5g of powder. Some limited closed-eye hallucinations at this dosage point, and very marginal levels of open-eye visual field disturbance; certainly no hyperspace experience. Purging -- not at the physical level (some mild and manageable nausea, but in fact considerably less than expected, no vomiting) -- but purging at the emotional level, goodness me yes, lots of it. Lots of very raw emotion letting itself be expressed, in both the senses of "to be communicated, in words or symbols etc" and "to be exuded or emitted, as if by gentle pressure or squeezing." Unusually for me, lots of verbalising. I'm usually a quiet person, my usual difficulty is not with how to stop talking, but how to start; well that was turned on its head. I couldn't shut myself up. The internal dialogue was vocalised almost incessantly to the point where I was tired of listening to myself.

Necessary healing work, but somewhat difficult, somewhat draining. There was no chance of sleeping, so instead I went for a pleasant 4AM walk. I spent the weekend quietly, integrating the experience, examining my thoughts.

No breakthrough experience yet; no hyperspace travel; no matter. But I need to find something else to do with my powder that doesn't involve ingesting paint.

I would also like to recommend to everyone here the following music by The Egg as very suitable and enjoyable listening for a healing, consciousness-raising DMT trip:

https://theegg.bandcamp.com/track/somethings-happening-ft-lara-smiles-space-mountain-live-studio-mix
https://theegg.bandcamp.com/track/good-summer-the-egg-remix

...and in fact, basically this entire record: https://theegg.bandcamp.com/album/galactic-love-machine.)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 11/28/2022 2:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi smiletolerantly! I'm glad you could make use of my recipe and sorry for the horrible taste.

There is a topic where someone had had success in filtering the mhrb brew through some wool. You need to boil the mhrb and make a bigger patch for that to be functional.

There are lots of tannins in mhrb which make it astringent. These tannins bind to proteins so that's one way to search for something to mask the taste. Another way is to use something that has a pleasant taste in itself, I have used orange juice and decaf coffee.

Yet another route is to just go for light doses so you need to ingest less.

I am yet to find a solution for this. For the time being I just try not to think about when consuming the stuff. But even thinking about the taste makes me shiver (no joking). I take it as a sort of initiatory experience, but I'd certainly would prefer to skip it...
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

smiletolerantly
#3 Posted : 12/1/2022 3:33:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Tomteggube! And, thanks for sharing your recipe, and giving me confidence to begin working with DMT.

"Horrible taste"... yeah it's pretty bad. I used very little fluid - about a shot of orange juice, mixed with a little honey - and gulped it down as quick as I could, to get it over with. So it's not just the flavour, but the horrible sludgy texture as well. I suppose I could use more fluid, and put up with more of the taste. Hmm.

But there's another drawback: I think the slower oral route is a bit too long of a trip for me. I like being able to sleep afterwards... So I think I'm going to look into extraction tek and see what could work for my dum-dum levels of skill.

f1
#4 Posted : 12/2/2022 4:42:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck on your travels Smiletolerantly!

Loving this Something's Happening track! Thanks for the share <3

Thumbs up
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/2/2022 3:22:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's that thread with the wool-filtering report:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1171070#post1171070

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

smiletolerantly
#6 Posted : 2/19/2023 5:54:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been a few months since my last (& first) trip. Second time was on Friday evening. I forget my exact dosage; perhaps 3g harmal, 3.5g MHRB or so.

I found a reasonable way to consume the root bark: I take a very dark chocolate bar (85% cocoa content), melt it in the microwave, stir in the powder with a bit of honey, pour onto foil and put in the fridge to solidify. The bitterness of the chocolate masks the bitterness of the MHRB sufficiently that I can just eat it as it is.

The harmal on the other hand... much more difficult to get down. Even just the smell of this stuff makes me retch. I think I need to capsule it up in future. Once it's in me, though, I find there's only mild nausea, quite easily controlled -- getting it down my neck is the only hard part.

I had a definite and appreciable mood lift / buzz from just the harmala, which is interesting to note.

Yeah this isn't a trip report. I had a good time Pleased

Exitwound
#7 Posted : 2/19/2023 7:32:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to ask: what about shits after eating MHRB chocolate bars?
Do they color your porcelain throne in pleasant shades of purple? Big grin

smiletolerantly
#8 Posted : 2/20/2023 1:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
I have to ask: what about shits after eating MHRB chocolate bars?
Do they color your porcelain throne in pleasant shades of purple? Big grin

Laughing Not so I've noticed (I think you'd have to eat a *lot*?)

...but now you mention it I've been, uh, a little loose the last day or two. Unrelated, so I thought, but what do I know?