We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Correspondence between Syrian rue and banisteriopsis caapi Options

Tomtegubbe
#1 Posted : 4/11/2021 3:06:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is the equivalency between banisteriopsis caapi and Syrian rue to get the desired maoi effects? I never go beyond 5 grams with rue. 3 grams is usually fine. Now that I have some caapi in my possessions I'd like to have some idea on how much should I take it to get into the range of 3-5 grams of Syrian rue. The caapi I have is var. yellow.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dithyramb
#2 Posted : 4/11/2021 9:01:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rue seeds are reported to have 2 - 10 % harmalas (though Harmaline is supposedly a stronger mao inhibitor than harmine)

While caapi vine is said to have 0.3 - 0.8 % harmalas.

50g was said to me to be a minimum dose of caapi, but I found it quite strong, in a different way than 5g rue is.

Follow your intuition.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 4/11/2021 9:13:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok thanks! I have a bag of 50 grams and I'm thinking whether I can split that with a friend. Hmm... Interesting!
My preferred method:

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 4/12/2021 6:28:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Ok thanks! I have a bag of 50 grams and I'm thinking whether I can split that with a friend. Hmm... Interesting!

Please share what your experience is. I am very very curious as I hear about difference of experience between harmine and harmaline.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 4/25/2021 2:05:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I boiled 50 grams of yellow caapi 3 x 30 minutes and boil reduced the liquid to volume of less than pint. Froze the remaining caapi for another extraction.

Boy, this was potent. I added 2.5 g of mhrb (raw powder, soaked in lemon juice) an hour later, meditated and listened to icaro songs. Very healing. Went through lots of heavy stuff. Harmala heavy trip is quite different from the DMT heavy trip. Any more of DMT and I would have thrown it all up immediately.

I really had no idea about it's potency beforehand, but this felt like at least 8-9 g of syrian rue. I barely managed to keep nausea out with lemon essential oil and very little amount of MJ.

Very powerful and meaningful dive inside. I didn't realize how long it takes for the world to settle so that you can sleep.

Different character from syrian rue. Very grounded. Very nauseating.
My preferred method:

Jagube
#6 Posted : 4/25/2021 2:11:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I boiled 50 grams of yellow caapi 3 x 30 minutes and boil reduced the liquid to volume of less than pint.

That sounds like a very short boil. More typically it's brewed 3 x 8 hours.

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 4/25/2021 2:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
I boiled 50 grams of yellow caapi 3 x 30 minutes and boil reduced the liquid to volume of less than pint.

That sounds like a very short boil. More typically it's brewed 3 x 8 hours.

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Yes, I was aware of it and was very glad it worked out. It's interesting to see if I give a long boil to the remaining caapi if there are still alkaloids in there.

It would be interesting to hear if other people have success with this shorter boil. I like to experiment on how to make the process easier.

I usually just add lemon and take rue powder and mhrb raw and it works fine.
My preferred method:

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 4/25/2021 10:25:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing the outcome with us. Good data.

Thinking of boiling 25g powdered I have and assay that alone to assess effects compared to rue subjectively.

Thank you again for the insight for the rue tea. I have been drinking it often and love the balancing effect it has on me. Have been using 3g pretty regularly but would like to see how 4g and 5g feels also.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#9 Posted : 4/26/2021 7:25:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

Thank you again for the insight for the rue tea. I have been drinking it often and love the balancing effect it has on me. Have been using 3g pretty regularly but would like to see how 4g and 5g feels also.

One love
Thank you for reminding. I could do that myself more often. With harmalas you get to exercise your inner qualities, staying calm and balanced. Much of the DMT experience cannot be grasped before you progress in the inner work.
My preferred method:

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 4/26/2021 1:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Much of the DMT experience cannot be grasped before you progress in the inner work.

I tend to agree, and while some of this inner work can be done with the use of DMT alone, it appears to be the long and hard way, which isn't necessarily a bad things, but maybe nonpreferable and with higher potential of "getting lost" along the way.

One love