We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdosing THC, and other stupid things Options

null24
#1 Posted : 5/2/2019 3:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Confused 5 gram THC edible products.Stop
Why? Just that, why?

Other than a marketing gimmick for wanna-be hipsters to be able to say they use drugs-but in a "responsible" way? Or just a total scam?

I've never eaten a commercial edible that i even noticed the effects from after 100 mgs because of the way they make the extracts in them- somelist the ingredient as straight (un-decarbed) BHO. So, 5mgs?!?

Ugh... Expensive, worthless crap... F#@$in yuppies...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 5/2/2019 4:18:00 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

You forgot the "milli" in the first sentence. 5 gram challenge accepted. Twisted Evil

I've actually found most of the edible products available in the dispensaries these days to be quite effective. My major beef is that most of em are corn syrup bombs filled with artificial colors and flavors and all the rest of the neurotoxic nonsense that is endemic to the commercial food(like-product) supply.

The 5mg is actually a good way to meter dosage. We've all heard the stories of people inexperienced with edibles ending up calling the emergency services thinking they are gonna die after eating a standard 20-25 mg dose or two.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 5/2/2019 5:56:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's dumb also. If you have any sort of tolerance you've got to eat the whole package of edibles. Getting an ounce and cooking it into a pound of butter is way more bang for your buck IMHO. I also enjoy eating bho. I put it in a silicone slick in the toaster oven to decarb.

Moderator wrote:
Edited by Moderator. No discussion of pricing, even in legal markets.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 5/2/2019 6:29:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few days ago, i made some brownies myself. Pretty strong ones.

A friend paid me an unexpected visit. And ate some behind my back, without telling me.
I noticed some of the brownies where missing and i asked if he had eaten any. He said "yes, but they tasted funny".

I said "you better not drive for the next eight hours....weedbutter, you just ate two grams of weed my friend".

The look on his face made my day. Laughing

doubledog
#5 Posted : 5/2/2019 7:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this strongly depends on personal sensitivity. I am very sensitive to all substances including cannabis and regularly eat just few milligrams of edible cannabinoids for good effects.

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 5/3/2019 12:40:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Removed by Moderator.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#7 Posted : 5/3/2019 3:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tony6Strings wrote:
Removed by Moderator.

Right, but i really am not sure if the ones I've eaten contain decarbed bho or not. Because yes, that should work.

One of the conversations in Oregon is about what to do with all the weed- the state has considerably overgrown the supply since legalization. It's great for me as a consumer tho, I can make my own edibles much more affordably than getting commercial products from the dispensary.

Moderator wrote:
Edited by Moderator. So much pricing.

EDIT: so much...rules? Wink So sorry, really, i thought it was the same as discussing the cost of beer... I forget some of y'all still live under irrational laws.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Cactus Man
#8 Posted : 5/4/2019 3:26:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I see nothing wrong with microdosing THC at 5-10mg. Could have positive medicinal effects.

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 5/4/2019 2:06:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for steering this towards the subject of prices. I figured that it would be akin to Null and I discussing, say, the price of oranges or coffee beans, because of where in the world we live.
olympus mon wrote:

Cactus Man
#10 Posted : 12/25/2019 8:44:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Micro-dosing is highly useful and effective for CERTAIN purposes, not for getting a buzz though. Could help people who have digestive issues, pain or eye issues.