We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Natural DMT trip through dreaming, not extraction Options

TimeGearingBlocks
#1 Posted : 1/30/2016 1:51:55 PM
I literally tripped on DMT last night. My brain was so flooded with the dream/spirit molecule that I woke up in an alternate reality. Another version of me and another version of my partner. In the moment I thought it was really happening. Maybe it was, is some alternate universe and I just traveled there through DMT. My partner's cousin called him seeking comfort from a friend he just lost. The events were so real, My partner even got up from the bed and went into another room to turn his Bluetooth speakers off because his phone was still connected to the speakers. Maybe in the alternate reality, he was the one listening to music yesterday and not me so it was his phone connected still and not mine. All four of ourselves realized we were tripping/dreaming at the same moment where I then woke back up to this reality and saw lucid vivid hallucinations of sacred geometry, paisley patterns spinning and twirling around the room, fractals and vortexes. I had to make sure I was actually awake so I turned over to check and see that my partner was indeed asleep and not on the phone with his cousin. However, the visuals were still there. I honestly believe I traveled to an alternate reality of ourselves in another time plane or universe. I don't beleive it was perfectly constructed. I believe I'm missing a lot of information but the point is I connected to something real. Whatever details were not real is a mystery but I don't think the details were the point. The details were designed to help me feel a real connection. To help deliver my mind into this alternate reality that really seems to exist. I'm so incredibly blown away by the way I traveled last night. Thank you Dr. Strassman for your research. This gave me the understanding I needed to feel that real connection. Otherwise, like a dog I would have just passed it off as a dream. But the fact is, dreams are a part of our reality. So dreams, to an extent, have to be real on some plane of existence. Maybe we dreamed ourselves to life. Who really knows? But what I do know is my trip was NOT self-induced. I did not smoalk DMT. I literally fell asleep, my brain flooded with the chemical and I woke up tripping.
It all exists, because it does.

"Many are the names of God and infinite are the forms through which she may be approached. In whatever name and form you worship him, through them you will realize God."
- Sri Ramakrishna [edited]

StrangeLoop wrote:
The nature of the universe is to build up aggregates of conscious matter. Esse est percipi, to be is to be perceived, without observers the universe is just formless vibrations of energy. The all seeing eye is a human symbol we use to represent the idea that the universe itself has a consciousness and intelligence...God if you will. I think DMT opens you up to the absolute reality of pure consciousness and your rational brain is trying to figure out what it's experiencing by throwing up these archetypes.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 1/30/2016 4:10:17 PM
This happens to me frequently...only I don't wake up tripping,...I suffer from sleep paralysis, if I'm not able to get up I go into a DMT flash...

In my dreams when I would die it used to jolt me awake, now I have a DMT flash...

And when I smoke DMT in my dreams it works...

And this is not recall of past experience or anything like that, it's an actual DMT experiance.

People who have not had this happen are going to give you a lot of stress for saying things like this...all I can say is I can't deny my first hand experiences...

-eg

TimeGearingBlocks
#3 Posted : 1/30/2016 4:15:55 PM
Thank You Big grin for sharing your experience as well. Wouldn't it be cool if it were an alternate you that was smoking DMT and you were just connecting to it. It could very well just be your imagination but I like to dance on the idea that it is a collection of information from the many yous that might exist.

"Many are the names of God and infinite are the forms through which she may be approached. In whatever name and form you worship him, through them you will realize God."

StrangeLoop wrote:
The nature of the universe is to build up aggregates of conscious matter. Esse est percipi, to be is to be perceived, without observers the universe is just formless vibrations of energy. The all seeing eye is a human symbol we use to represent the idea that the universe itself has a consciousness and intelligence...God if you will. I think DMT opens you up to the absolute reality of pure consciousness and your rational brain is trying to figure out what it's experiencing by throwing up these archetypes.

concombres
#4 Posted : 1/30/2016 4:41:15 PM
I feel that there is some correlation between dreaming & DMT experiences going on.

I cannot quite figure it out & it may be quite a while before we can say with any certainty that DMT plays a role in dreaming or the way we percieve reality.

However, i do experience some very lucid & extremely realistic dreams always within a few days of using DMT.
I often find myself waking up & doing things like looking for things in the fridge from my dream or asking others if something happened only to realize it occured during a dream & not in reality.

I almost want to say it feels as if DMT is somehow trying to bridge the gap between the waking world & dreams, but again, this is something that would seem very strange & lacks any tangible evidence or proof. I have always found it very interesting & enjoyed it to some degree.

Regardless of actual scientific evidence, my experiences have brought me to feel that DMT does have some connection to dream/wake cycles.
Only time & research will tell if I am correct, but I will stick with my opinion until it is proven false Big grin

Something that you may want to readhere

I have not dug too deep into sources for the research study mentioned, but I believe if the research is correct, it would apply to DMT as well.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 1/30/2016 4:48:52 PM
concombres wrote:
I feel that there is some correlation between dreaming & DMT experiences going on.

I cannot quite figure it out & it may be quite a while before we can say with any certainty that DMT plays a role in dreaming or the way we percieve reality.

However, i do experience some very lucid & extremely realistic dreams always within a few days of using DMT.
I often find myself waking up & doing things like looking for things in the fridge from my dream or asking others if something happened only to realize it occured during a dream & not in reality.

I almost want to say it feels as if DMT is somehow trying to bridge the gap between the waking world & dreams, but again, this is something that would seem very strange & lacks any tangible evidence or proof. I have always found it very interesting & enjoyed it to some degree.

Regardless of actual scientific evidence, my experiences have brought me to feel that DMT does have some connection to dream/wake cycles.
Only time & research will tell if I am correct, but I will stick with my opinion until it is proven false Big grin

Something that you may want to readhere

I have not dug too deep into sources for the research study mentioned, but I believe if the research is correct, it would apply to DMT as well.

Agreed.

I feel DMT must play some role in the sleep wake cycle...it makes sense to me that an endogenous hallucinogen may play a role in our natural hallucinations...

There's fairly heated debate regarding the "dream DMT flash" and the "DMT May play a role in dreaming" hypotheses...

Though from my personal experience I feel there must be some connection between the two (DMT and dreaming)

-eg

TGO
Welcoming committee
#6 Posted : 1/30/2016 7:58:25 PM
My girlfriend and I have experienced similar things. She has actually had dreams where she took a hit of DMT and was blasted away as if doing so in this waking reality. I haven't actually experienced a dream where I took a hit of DMT but I have experienced something strange and DMT-like in a dream...I shared this in another thread a little while back:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=6829

The Grateful One wrote:
Well this is an awesome thread! I was about to make one like it but then "UTFSE" creeped up in the back of my mind! I know it is old but I have a dream/nightmare/DMT-like vision to add to this discussion and perhaps others will get a kick out this thread:

So the other night I found myself in a dream, a very vivid and lucid one. I was standing in the yard of an average looking house. White paneling with blue shutters around the windows. It had stairs that lead up to a porch. Average. I walked up the stairs and went inside. Upon doing so I felt complete and utter dread flow over me...there were people inside the house, some I knew from work, others I had never seen. The weirdest person was a pale girl with black silky hair, wandering around with a butcher knife... Someone noticed me staring at her...

"oh her? yeah she is harmless, don't worry about that..."

But I was worried and she looked at me and grinned, "Look, it is dull anyway...the knife...is dull..."

And she proceeded to gently stab her hand and her navel to prove that it was dull. It didn't look dull to me. This provided no comfort whatsoever. I started moving about in the house while knife girl followed me around. No matter where I went, she followed. If I didn't keep a close eye on her at all times, she would get really close to me until I would turn around and she would flash an evil grin as I put space between us again,

"That's okay..." She said. "Just wait until he arrives...then we will..."

She trailed off...

At this point, I was standing in the kitchen of this house. As she trailed off, I started hearing hyperspace-y clicks and clacks mixed with electronic sounding beeps and blips all rolled into what I have come to know as the "carrier wave." The dreamworld shifted and it felt like I was about to be traveling to hyperspace...

"He's coming..." and her smile widened. So she personally knows an entity? Like on a first name, friendship style basis? WTF is happening right now? Who? How? "Nevermind, I'm getting out of here..." I thought to myself. And I turned and sprinted out the door.

As soon as my feet hit the yard, I was lifted into the air against my will. It was almost like I was flying but I couldn't really control it. I could feel the wind blowing all around me and it was if the "dream entity" wasn't allowing me to leave. I was being sucked into the gravity of the house which was turning into a hyperspace style object. Every time I tried to fly away, when I landed I was back at the house and the sequence would repeat itself. Flying away and then being drawn back in. I never went back into the house and I don't know what happened to the creepy girl who apparently summons entities or could at least sense them before they arrived.

Then I woke up.

Normally, I don't even remember my dreams and I definitely don't have extremely vivid ones. I can't say that my consumption of DMT has anything to do with it but it was very strange to be seeing and hearing things that I have encountered in hyperspace before. I've heard that dreams are your brain working things out or going over events that have happened among a multitude of other theories. So perhaps it was just my brain revisiting certain aspects of the DMT experience through recall/memory.

I don't really know but it was one of the strangest and slightly nightmare-ish dreams I've ever had.

Smile

Edit:

benzyme wrote:
i'm tellin ya, it's the memory of a dmt experience you may have in a dream, not an actual dmt experience.
there's no evidence at all that active doses of dmt are produced during REM sleep, or ANY time of the day (it's present in low nanomolar concentrations). this is why Rogan is a tool.

This is basically what I was trying to say above about it being due to recall/memory.

Love

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

TimeGearingBlocks
#7 Posted : 1/30/2016 9:36:00 PM
What's actually even cooler and made last night's experience more realistic to me was when my partner woke up the next morning saying to me that he was just dreaming about me holding a cell phone and he woke up in the exact moment I was writing my DMT dreaming experience sitting upright with my cell phone. The whole dream I had last night was focused on the cell phone. So mind blown.

StrangeLoop wrote:

concombres
#8 Posted : 1/30/2016 10:26:05 PM
TimeGearingBlocks wrote:
What's actually even cooler and made last night's experience more realistic to me was when my partner woke up the next morning saying to me that he was just dreaming about me holding a cell phone and he woke up in the exact moment I was writing my DMT dreaming experience sitting upright with my cell phone. The whole dream I had last night was focused on the cell phone. So mind blown.

Synchronicity Love

Glossolalia
#9 Posted : 1/31/2016 1:22:52 PM
This is one those things that, long ago, I heard McKenna talk about it ... and thought "what total and utter BS."

And then it happened to me. Well shut mah mouth.
I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes. — Walt Whitman

starway6
#10 Posted : 1/31/2016 3:42:49 PM
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
This happens to me frequently...only I don't wake up tripping,...I suffer from sleep paralysis, if I'm not able to get up I go into a DMT flash...

In my dreams when I would die it used to jolt me awake, now I have a DMT flash...

And when I smoke DMT in my dreams it works...

And this is not recall of past experience or anything like that, it's an actual DMT experiance.

People who have not had this happen are going to give you a lot of stress for saying things like this...all I can say is I can't deny my first hand experiences...

-eg

Sleep paralysis ...!

It can be a blessing in disguise...

Many people fear this sleep condition ..but once you learn to recognise it for what it is.. it can be used as a bridge leading to an..[ out of body].. or a great .[WILD].. wake initiated lucid dream!Thumbs up

If you have SP often.. please tell me how i can cause SP at will when i want it...

Im not afraid of sleep paralysis..[when im lucky enough to experiance it] because i can often recognise whats going on arousing from sleep at 3 AM and see that ..[dark figure standing over my bed].. as an illusion....
or that ..[full sized tiger curled up in the corner of my room]... for what it really is!

I have responded by [ rolling out of my sleeping body].. onto a soft carpet in a dream house created by my mind.. ..i have a full dream body.. with all the furnishings ..[furnature] .. [tv playing on a nearby table];.[.pictures on the flesh colored walls] that i explore by touching my dream hands on...and a door will i open exposing a giant dream city that i slowly walk out into!
Experiancing these things in a super high quality dream state is nothing like what you experiance awake during the day...
Its like experiancing life as a child.. multiplyed by a thousand times!

If i knew how to induce SP.. i would do it twice a week trying to learn how to navagate it as an oreanaut!

starway6
#11 Posted : 1/31/2016 4:08:30 PM
Found this iYou are here: Home / Working with Dreams / Lucid Dreaming / How to Encourage Sleep Paralysis as a Gateway to Extraordinary Dreaming

How to Encourage Sleep Paralysis as a Gateway to Extraordinary Dreaming
BY RYAN HURD

Say what, you want to know how to induce sleep paralysis?

Most people I meet are looking for ways to eradicate sleep paralysis (SP) from their lives, but some lucky and courageous dreamers have discovered that sleep paralysis also makes for a reliable portal into extraordinary dreaming.

In fact, some very popular lucid dreaming techniques–such as Stephen LaBerge’s WILD–actually function well for sleep paralysis induction.

Preparations for the Journey

Allow me one more disclaimer before launching into this primer. Isolated sleep paralysis (when SP is not a symptom accompanying narcolepsy or sleep apnea) is not a health risk in itself. However, isolated sleep paralysis can “stir up” emotional and psychological issues with regard to beliefs, safe boundaries, and the meaning of the life.

When we undergo a conscious trip into dreaming, we are activating the archetypal story of the hero’s journey, and specifically, the hero’s descent into the underworld.
SP also may instigate other destabilizing spiritual experiences. When we undergo a conscious trip into dreaming, we are activating the archetypal story of the hero’s journey, and specifically, the hero’s descent into the underworld. You will be challenged, you may succeed, or you undergo ritual destruction, but either way you will return to the surface forever changed, and possibly reborn.

As Jung wrote, “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.”[1]

When I prepare for a SP dream incubation, or if I feel it is coming on spontaneously, I limit alcohol, sugar, meat and processed foods in my diet. I tell my closest friends what I am attempting. I limit exposure to TV, violent imagery in the media, and spend more time in nature. These precautions serve to stabilize myself so I can encounter the visionary dreams with clarity, a courageous heart, and an open mind.

Stirring it Up

Many of the ways to bring on SP actually are about leveraging your own self-knowledge of your personal triggers for sleep paralysis, and then involve moving towards these triggers rather than away from them.

The most reliable method is to use the body’s own REM rebound effect after REM deprivation. Body posture also plays a big role. In general:

Sleep on your back.
Take a nap after being sleep deprived or jet-lagged.
Keep an erratic sleep pattern.
Maximize REM rebound by waking up 2 hours before normal and then nap later in the day.
For example, if I stay up late to finish a project and I am sleep deprived the next day, I will purposefully take an afternoon nap sleeping on my back. This mix of situation, posture, and desire is almost guaranteed to bring on an episode of SP.

Mental Practices for Increasing SP, OBEs, Hypnagogic Reverie, and Lucid Dreams
The following are mental practices and tactics useful in inducing creative hypnagogic hallucinations and lucid dreaming from SP.

They are all variations on a theme, namely: focus. We are all wired a little differently, so taken together these methods display a range in tactics at your disposal, depending on your interests as well as your own special abilities.

Wake-Initiated Sleep Paralysis (WISP)

This method is my derivation of the wake-initiated-lucid-dream (WILD) method, popularized by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold in their classic book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. I have found that the most reliable way to induce iSP is directly from the waking state.

WISP by Auditory Cues

Here’s an auditory way into WISP that works for me. If you have good balance, and are prone to auditory hallucinations during hypnagogia, this method is recommended. After closing your eyes, focus on a spot in the middle of your visual field. Notice the lights and colors as they come and go, but don’t follow them. Also pay attention to vibrations or quick “rushing” sounds in your ears. The “rush” may be accompanied by an electric shiver down your body or other sensations from your head down the groin. With a little practice, you can increase the vibrations by willing it to come back until the rushing vibration is a constant. You are now in paralysis––try to move to confirm it. This is how I enter SP directly from the waking state.

WISP by Vortex

white-light-mandala-dreamThis is the method I have used as early as six years old to fall asleep, which just goes to show that children are natural visionaries. Lying on your back, close your eyes and focus your attention in between and slightly above the eyes. When the lights and imagery begins to swim around, keep the focus. After a while, the spectral lights will “gather” around your point of concentration, like a kaleidoscope. Keep the focus, but will yourself to “enter” this imagery. With practice, if you are now in sleep onset, the imagery will expand and envelope the visual field. This imagery forms a vortex, and often is associated with those vestibular hallucinations of falling or flying. Go through the tunnel and enter the dream.

Nap and Mantra-assisted SP

Ben Phillips, one of my DreamStudies.org readers and a sleep paralysis expert in his own right, has this method to share. Essentially, he recommends taking a nap to disrupt your normal sleep patterns, and then use a spoken word, or mantra, to assist in falling asleep with awareness. Here is Phillip’s full method, in his own words:

Wake up earlier than normal
Stay awake for the whole day; go to work, school or if you’re unemployed, do something active.
Between 7 and 10pm ,have a nap. This nap must be no longer than 2 hours. An hour and a half should suffice. It is important that once you wake from the nap, you don’t close your eyes or snooze, if you do you will dream and the chance of strong SP later will be diminished. Set an alarm or ask someone to wake you up.
Stay awake for at least an hour, no more than four.
Go to bed. When you lay down… any position will do, close your eyes and get comfortable. There are no particular meditative exercises to follow as long as you simply relax your body and lie as still as you can.
When you are relaxed and your mind is settled, simply think of a name or a word… it can be any word.
Repeat the word over and over again in your head. Imagine the word being spoken to you. Think of nothing else. Listen for the word in the quietness of your head.
Do not pay any attention to any hypnagogic light blooms, only the sound of yourself imagining the word.
After a short period of this concentrated listening the word should start to take on a life of its own and will probably be accompanied by other auditory sensations, such as intermittent bursts of rumbling, wooshing and a spatial hiss. There will be a distinct shift in awareness and perception. You are at this point on the threshold of sleep paralysis.[2]
Middle-of-the-Night Meditation

This next method is taught by psychotherapist and lucid dreaming pioneer Scott Sparrow. It is based on the centuries old traditions of Tibetan Dream Yoga. Set your alarm to wake up in the middle of the night. Sit up in bed and do 10-15 minutes of concentrative meditation or breathwork. Prayer is also effective, especially long prayers that you have memorized. Then, as you settle back to sleep, recall your intention to stay aware as you fall asleep (whether to enter an out-of-body experience, for example, or enter a lucid dream—your choice).

Middle-of-the-Night Reading and Journaling

dream-journal-tipsA variation of Sparrow’s method is to set your alarm to wake you up in the middle of the night. You need to time your awakening for 3 or 4.5 hours after you fall asleep. Wake up, turn on a small bedlight, and open up a book on lucid dreaming or some other subject matter you find fascinating. Read for 15-30 minutes, and then go back to sleep. A variation that has worked for me is to journal about my intentions and read as well. Then use the WISP method to remain aware as you fall asleep. This method works because reading activates the part of the brain that also regulates self-awareness and critical thinking: the forebrain and parietal lobes.

Sleep Paralysis Signaling

Sleep Paralysis Signaling (SPS) was devised by Jorge Conesa Sevilla, author of Wrestling with Ghosts (which is sadly out of print but there are a few used copies on Amazon). Sevilla’s method is especially effective for launching directly into a lucid dream from iSP, although you can set an intention for a OBE as well.

Phase one:

When you realize you are in muscle atonia, start breathing “purposely and calmly.” At the same time, focus on a part of your body, such as the belly or chest area.

Phase two:

Imagine your body spinning around the navel or whatever central body part that is your object of focus. This will bring on the “vortex effect” that I mentioned in the WISP method.

Phase three:

Go into the tunnel, still practicing your breath to keep fears calm, and emerge through the end of the tunnel into a dream. Take special care to remind yourself “I am dreaming” when you enter the new dream space. From here, you can interact as you choose.

paralysis-ad-f225

This article is adapted from my ebook Sleep Paralysis: A Dreamer’s Guide, which you can download here as part of my Sleep Paralysis Kit. The kit comes with worksheets as well as mp3 recordings of a lecture on sleep paralysis I gave at Stanford University in 2012, as well as an interview with Jorge Conesa Sevilla, author of Wrestling with Ghosts.

You can also get my sleep paralysis book in print on Amazon.com here.

[1] Jung, Carl. Collected Works 13: Alchemical Studies, par 335, pg 265.

[2] Ben Phillips, private communication 2009.

First image: Portal by Alice Popkorn CC 2011

Related posts:

Sleep Paralysis as a Gateway into Out-of-Body Experiences
10 Ways to Prevent Sleep Paralysis
Halloween Infographic: the Vampires and Werewolves of Sleep Paralysis
New podcast: Borderlands of Consciousness — Sleep paralysis and hypnagogia
Science and Art Blend Together in New Sleep Paralysis Podcast
YARPP

FILED UNDER: LUCID DREAMING, SLEEP PARALYSIS
TAGGED WITH: HYPNAGOGIA, LUCID DREAMING, SLEEP PARALYSIS, WILD

Sign up for blog updates and you not only get the latest in dream studies news but also my free ebook Enhance your Dream Life. Here's the link.
COMMENTS

Mohammad says
February 20, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Hi Ryan,
First off, thank you so much for taking the time to write these amazing and informative articles.

I started the journey to the fascinating world of lucid dreaming about 6 months ago. I’m still thrilled that I have encountered lucid dreaming on the internet, because many people go through their lives without knowing about it.

after months of not-so-persistent practice, I now have the ability to lucid dream. But, it happens 1 times every week or two, although I should note that I don’t even think about it consciously nowadays, because of a few things that have busied my mind recently.

The skill that, unlike the ability to become lucid in my dreams, came so naturally to me, was inducing sleep-paralysis on demand without much effort, any time of day. The time of the induction varies from 3 to 20 minutes. But, the problem here is that after the induction and getting into that state of mind, I often can’t get of my body. Sometimes I even get a little scared because of the unstable nature of dreams. I think this is mostly because of busy thoughts.

After this long meaningless essay!, what I wanted say is that I would be really thankful if you could write a detailed article about the techniques of getting out your body after the induction of SP.

P.S. sorry for my English (not a native speaker)

SHADRACK says
February 20, 2015 at 4:11 pm

conscious dreaming takes one to the wold of reality ..It \gives one the opportunity to know hie origin, the source of ones existence and brings one to know his environment better.. I believe it is a necessary experience which enhances both our spirituality and physical development.
It is a lofty science. God bless the venture.

Peter says
February 21, 2015 at 2:27 am

Nice article and interesting as most of my lucids are WILD and I never thought to put the vibrations as SP as they are so low key compared to the horrid attacks of many years ago that I enjoy them and use the moments as a sign post for getting lucid.

I also dont attempt to put myself there anymore as I find if I relax and stay objective the dream comes to me and when it does I am there in an instant.

Really good reading and thanks for such detail

Search this website…
SEARCH
lucid dreaming talisman
CHECK OUT MY LUCID DREAMING TOTEM

lucid dreaming talisman
AN ADVANCED DREAM SUPPLEMENT

Lucid dreaming pill
CATEGORIES

Categories
RECENT POSTS

2015 Year in Review: Leveling Up
When lucid dreaming isn’t as easy as it used to be
Lucid Dreaming and the Well of Souls

ABOUT RYAN

IMG_0343

I'm a consciousness researcher with a passion for sharing how dreams and intuitive ways of knowing can be invited back into modern life. Join me on my journey to integrate the best of the old ways with the new. Read more...

GET DREAMSTUDIES EMAIL UPDATES

DreamStudies by email:

SUBSCRIBE
Delivered by FeedBurner

WANT TO GO DEEPER?

Stay connected and get tips on sleep, dreams, consciousness and health.

Follow Me on Facebook Follow Me @Twitter Follow Me Google-Plus Follow Me via RSS
Copyright © 2016 Ryan Hurd WordPress · Log innfo on inducing SP...

endlessness
#12 Posted : 1/31/2016 4:10:38 PM
The experiences being described are certainly interesting and worthy of discussion here. But it is very important to be clear about the differences between a hypothesis or personal speculation, and established facts. When you affirm you had a 'natural' dmt trip, how do you know? How do you know it wasn't a mix of dmt and other naturally occurring tryptamines (why do people always seem to ignore endogenous 5 meo dmt and bufotenine etc?)? Or how do you know if maybe there wasnt any dmt at all and it was just a mix of other endogenous tryptamines and beta carbolines? Or of new substances we dont know about? Or of no particular tryptamine, just the activation of relevant brain areas that might ot might not also be activated coincidentally with tryptamines in other situations? Or or or...

Sometimes a simple disclaimer of 'these are my beliefs/speculations' can make a whole world of difference, and the lack of those disclaimers can mean misleading people into possibly wrong conclusions and ideas, spreading of misinformation or at least premature conclusions.

Sorry for this addendum but I find it important, go on ...

universecannon
Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming
#13 Posted : 1/31/2016 4:19:41 PM
Good points endlessness ^

For me these psychedelic dream states come in all shapes in sizes. Sometimes it's even like salvia. Usually though the tryptamine-esque ones feel more like a mix of tryptamines and beta-carbolines than just DMT on its own. Which wouldn't be too surprising considering pinoline and other strange beta-carbolines are produced in higher amounts at night. But who knows.

One odd thing that still puzzles me is how I had a dream of smoking DMT and it worked, before ever trying it in real life.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SpartanII
#14 Posted : 1/31/2016 7:31:32 PM
universecannon wrote:

One odd thing that still puzzles me is how I had a dream of smoking DMT and it worked, before ever trying it in real life.

[speculation]Maybe part of you, perhaps the Dream Body/Energy Body has been to Hyperspace before, or exists presently in/as a part of Hyperspace itself.

This would also explain the sense of familiarity that is sometimes experienced.

Or maybe it was a psychic experience of Dream Precognition?[/speculation]

Infectedstyle
#15 Posted : 2/1/2016 3:07:17 AM
Remember that melatonin a tryptamine created in ur pineal gland at night and dreaming/sleep are closely related,

I love how dreams make the best horror movies

Just a few days ago actually woke up with this ringing sensation and static pattern that is typical trehshold DMT-effects in me upon waking up and occured to me that melatonin might be responsible for this effect.

While melatonin taken suplemented 5-10mg causes more dream-like images or nothing at all. In the same way DMT sometimes unpredictable or no effect at all when taken orally especially but also vaped ime.

Also love how sleep paralysis has parallels with DMT-experiences. Also the buzzing and intensity are similar.

btw. thanks starway 6 Thumbs up

Seth-sys
#16 Posted : 2/1/2016 3:13:59 AM
Sounds like what I refer to as astral projection. I do it all the time unintentionally, and it's almost always accompanied by sleep paralysis as well. It's very much just like what you say, a DMT trip while asleep. The qualities of an astral projection experience are vastly different from any normal dream. Dreams are much more subtle, random, and highly abstract, whereas in an astral projection the imagery is hyper-vivid, you feel as though you are encountering exogenous entities, there is often a theme to the experience, fully produced musical soundtracks accompanied by logical lyrics are present sometimes, and it feels like you are in some kind of alternate dimension.

My story has a big downside though. When I first started astral projection my travels as I call them were wonderful and uplifting, but these days they are 97% of the time a negative type and/or disturbing experience. To make matters worse I don't even attempt to consciously astral project anymore, it just happens almost every night now naturally.

One thing I'm learning however is that awareness during these experiences is key. The more aware I can make myself and less I let myself succumb to the emotion of fear the higher the odds are that I can turn the experience around into something positive and wondrous again. The only problem is getting myself to that certain state of consciousness while being asleep. I can know that I am most certainly asleep and dreaming, but there's some element lacking that prevents me from taking full control of the experience, and I can't figure out what it is. The scary or rather I should say intimidating part of all this is that this lack of control feels very much like it's caused by an external source. I've tried so many things such as believing with all my mind that I am the alpha and the omega of my consciousness, that I can determine what happens during these projections if I just truly believe it is so, but nothing seems to work. The harder I try to stay consciously unconscious so to speak the more dark and disturbing my experiences become, and when I say dark and disturbing I mean it more than you can possibly understand. In my opinion, a vastly higher/superior force of consciousness is at work, but others may disagree.

starway6
#17 Posted : 2/1/2016 4:43:36 PM
Infectedstyle wrote:
Remember that melatonin a tryptamine created in ur pineal gland at night and dreaming/sleep are closely related,

I love how dreams make the best horror movies

Just a few days ago actually woke up with this ringing sensation and static pattern that is typical trehshold DMT-effects in me upon waking up and occured to me that melatonin might be responsible for this effect.

While melatonin taken suplemented 5-10mg causes more dream-like images or nothing at all. In the same way DMT sometimes unpredictable or no effect at all when taken orally especially but also vaped ime.

Also love how sleep paralysis has parallels with DMT-experiences. Also the buzzing and intensity are similar.

btw. thanks starway 6 Thumbs up

Yes the buzzing and ringing you can feel when entering or exiting SP is very much alike the buzzing one feels on DMT experiance...

Ive found other noises [like ..clanking.. that sounds like someone taping a metal pipe ..nonexistant dogs barking in your room].[voices]. [and flashes of visual imagry].. serve as road signs warning the ..[ALERT DREAMER] that he or she is about enter a dream!

The key is to [maintain awareness] into the dream to acheve a [WILD] wake initiated lucid dream...

The [ WILD method].. is only one of many methods available but the WILD lucid dream is a very high quality lucid dream the wild is king of lucid dreams where almost anything is posible even very life like erotic experiances with any dream carector you choose Twisted Evil ...

while safely asleep at 3 AM.. You can endlessly fly through night skys over rooftops entering buildings ..offices..department stores passing through peoples homes as they watch tv without them even seeing you!

Your emotions while on these high level dream adventures paint a picture that is hard to express in words! ..is like the excitement of a child experiances x 1000Thumbs up

But talking about using ..[sleep paralysis].. as a spring board into a dream. the posibilitys are endless as one can find themselves in a perfect dream body in a paralel world where ANYTHING is posible including... meeting with decesed family members...going back to ones childhood..traveling to other planets in space ships...even finding yourself back in time.. standing next to medeivle castles even traveling back in time using your ancestors ..[passed on DNA information].. something i think we all posess in deep memory banks within us doors that can be opened in a high level mind experiance...
Normal nightly [dumb dreams] that we have every night are dreams that we experiance in a nightly mind stupor excepting everything that happens..

But when we can learn to bring awareness in to the dream that is lucid dreaming!

I am getting up in age and i found that a supliment called vinpocetine acts much faster and better that ginko for memory..

just last night..I slept about 4 hours first woke at.. 1 AM ..and took a premixed capsule of vinpocetine and less than half of a 4mg galantamine capusle..
These were mixed in one large capsule most of it was vinpocetine.and did it work well for me!

Less than an houre after taking my dream suplimnts I found myself in a dream that was awesomly vivid [although not lucid this time] it was very close to it...
I found myself walking up a road that ended with railing around it it was extending into a great ocean or bay like a peir..
I remember holding onto the railing that was made of steel cable the feel of the cold cable in my hands couldent have been more real..
I looked over the side into a churning ocean and could feel the mist in my face and coolness in the air..

I had a thought if anyone ever falls into this water they will never be rescued!

I could also make out land masses across the water making it apeare as a bay..

I ran back and found my cousin scott who i havent seen in years and exclaimed to him..why didnt you warn me this was an ocean..?he just laughed..
I went back to the end of the peir again and marveled at the beauty befor me a little later i woke up in bed it was .. 2..25 AM .. thanks to the vinpocetine and small amount of galantamine hours later i remember it like it happened 5 minutes ago!

Just an example of a nice dream...

Glossolalia
#18 Posted : 2/1/2016 5:15:45 PM
Seth-sys wrote:
Sounds like what I refer to as astral projection. I do it all the time unintentionally, and it's almost always accompanied by sleep paralysis as well. It's very much just like what you say, a DMT trip while asleep.

I agree 100% except that in my case I don't find myself paralyzed.

I have noticed that it does take energy, sometimes considerable, to bring myself out of the state of satori and back into the dream state, from which I can then pull yourself into "waking reality" or whatever you want to call this place.

Perhaps if you are so lost in the bliss of satori and cannot muster the energy to awaken yourself you undergo a feeling of paralysis?
I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes. — Walt Whitman

Global
Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports
#19 Posted : 2/5/2016 11:59:55 AM
endlessness wrote:
The experiences being described are certainly interesting and worthy of discussion here. But it is very important to be clear about the differences between a hypothesis or personal speculation, and established facts. When you affirm you had a 'natural' dmt trip, how do you know? How do you know it wasn't a mix of dmt and other naturally occurring tryptamines (why do people always seem to ignore endogenous 5 meo dmt and bufotenine etc?)? Or how do you know if maybe there wasnt any dmt at all and it was just a mix of other endogenous tryptamines and beta carbolines? Or of new substances we dont know about? Or of no particular tryptamine, just the activation of relevant brain areas that might ot might not also be activated coincidentally with tryptamines in other situations? Or or or...

Sometimes a simple disclaimer of 'these are my beliefs/speculations' can make a whole world of difference, and the lack of those disclaimers can mean misleading people into possibly wrong conclusions and ideas, spreading of misinformation or at least premature conclusions.

Sorry for this addendum but I find it important, go on ...

Yeah, I get kind of turned off when people insist that just because they have a DMT-like experience in their dreams, that DMT has to be involved. I think of it like this: When people dream, the experience can seem very realistic. It can be indiscernible from reality. Even when things don't match up, we often overlook these elements while in the dream state. Things or people (particularly when significant) encountered or thought of from earlier in the week or the month will have a tendency to bubble to the surface. If there has been something you have been obsessing over, it would be almost expected to wind up in a dream. And yet, that is what many of us do with DMT - we think about it constantly...and then many are shocked when it shows up in their dreams. If you've been to hyperspace, you may not be able to verbalize what it is like so well, but you certainly perceived, so you definitely know, even if only at the subconscious level. So you know what it's like, and you think about it a lot, and I don't find it surprising one bit that many people around here (including myself) have ended up with DMT-like dreams, but I don't see the logical connection that says that DMT has to be involved. Strassman didn't prove anything about DMT in dreams, and so far as I know, no one has. He planted a speculative seed in the public consciousness that affects the way we interpret our dreams. I don't claim to prove anything either for that matter.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

endlessness
#20 Posted : 2/5/2016 12:58:46 PM
BringsUsTogether wrote:

I'm pretty sure he just meant that the subjective quality of the dream experience was very similar to that of DMT.

That is not what the word 'literally' usually means:

TimeGearingBlocks wrote:
I literally tripped on DMT last night. My brain was so flooded with the dream/spirit molecule that I woke up in an alternate reality. (...) I literally fell asleep, my brain flooded with the chemical and I woke up tripping.

12NEXT