We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The Machine: How good is it really? Options

Samadeus
#1 Posted : 8/22/2014 12:56:35 AM
Backstory:

I am trying to perfect the Machine technique. I have a 50cl Henessy bottle machine, a single-flame butane torch/jet lighter, and regular BIC lighters.

So far seems to only be getting very little vapor regardless of whether using the butane torch or BIC lighter...

The problem is that the heat-range between "Vapor" and "BURNING!" seems very small with The Machine, so it's a constant struggle to try to limit the heat, which of course means less vapors, etc etc... vicious cycle... Seems the machine needs a lot of practice and a very exact distance between the bottle and the heat source.

Questions:

* Question 1: Put a finger in the air hole to trap the vapors, to load up a huge hit all at once? Or constantly draw while it's vaporizing? But come to think of it: Restricting airflow with a finger over the straw might be counterproductive to producing vapors?

* Question 2: Use the Butane torch or BIC lighter? The butane torch is very hot and pretty much instantly produces vapors, and seems to be the best option for rapidly vaporizing, as long as the proper distance can be mastered to avoid burning the DMT. The BIC lighter takes about 30 seconds to heat everything up and is veeeeery slow at producing and sustaining vapors after that, and suddenly it's too much and burns the DMT. Have been unable to get much vapor using a BIC lighter. Seems the Butane torch wins this category.

* Question 3: Which side of the mesh to put the DMT on? Seems to be: Outside/Towards bottle opening=Faster heat but more risk of burning, Inside/Towards bottle chamber=Harder to vaporize.

Here's an idea for what might be the best technique:

* DMT on inside of mesh, to protect it from the butane torch's heat.
* Using a butane torch underneath the bottle, like a hot air balloon. At a good distance, so that the hot air passes up through the mesh and vaporizes the DMT without burning.
* Draw a little bit on the straw to circulate the air and help the DMT mix with fresh air, to facilitate vapors.

All thoughts and all help would be appreciated. I want this thread to be a useful resource for other Machine explorers in the future.

Down to earth
#2 Posted : 8/22/2014 1:51:33 AM
FYI GVG are not instock until the third week of September .
Cheers

Al-Wasi
#3 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:12:33 AM
I put a nice amount of mesh in. Weigh DMT drop it on mesh. Heat gently the neck of machine till it melts in. Be careful and use heat sparingly.

I then use torch about two inches away. Soon as I see vapor I hit it nice and slow. Moving torch closer if necessary. IMPORTANT. Hold your hit as long as possible. If u exhale smoke it wasn't long enough. Immediately take another hit and hold as long as possible. If you dosing over 30mg and doing it this way you should be good.

If not I'd say your technique needs improved . I've yet to burn spice one time unless I don't notice. They say its harsh as hell and I've never noticed.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Samadeus
#4 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:27:36 AM
Progress is being made. Trials were continued like this:

1. Using a smaller amount of mesh (enough to fill 0.6 inch / 1.5 cm of the bottle opening). Because using about 50% more earlier was one of the reasons the vaporization was so difficult even with the butane torch.
2. Took out the mesh, sprinkled the DMT on it. Held a regular BIC lighter above it for a while to melt it a bit so it sticks to the mesh.
3. Put it back in the machine. Used the butane torch at about 5.5 inches / 14 cm distance.
4. Saw whispy, swirling vapors inside bottle. Hit. Taste was nice, gentle plastic (as it should be) and not burnt.

The vaporization was in other words more efficient this time, but still not good enough to get all the spice at once.

@wakeup I didn't see your post until now. You are saying your torch is only about 2 inches away!? What kind of torch is it? I can't imagine such a close distance being good for the DMT with a butane torch. Mine is hot as hell and produces vapors within about 4 seconds even at 5.5 inch distance.

Al-Wasi
#5 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:46:33 AM
ARC Turboflame. I've heard people that say they put the torch right up against the mesh on the machine and never burn it.

I dunno if I'm just not sensitive enough to detect when its burning but it never irritates my throat when that close. And since others put the torch right against mesh and say it works I'm thinking the mesh protects the spice from burning in some way.

I know using my method with a torch I get two nice hits from 30mg. I'm trying to figure out how to get it all at once.

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Al-Wasi
#6 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:50:27 AM
I wouldn't take mesh out when loading spice. Make sure u have a nice amount of mesh packed right. In the neck or machine. Dump your DMT in. Gently heat until it melts in.

When k say gently I mean. If u apply heat for a few second and stop it will start of melt in after a few seconds of removing the flame. Do this until its melted in. Wait a few minutes and vape away. 5.5 inches though. I figured this might be the case b never tried. As with a bic I could never get anything unless I pulled flame into the mesh.

Samadeus
#7 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:54:43 AM
That's excellent information: ARC Turboflame and Optimus Burny are using the same principle and are both single-flame butane torches, reaching up to 1300 *C. So we're talking about the same kind of lighting gear.

And yes, it's true as you suspected: The mesh is there to act as a heatsink to evenly distribute the heat and to help prevent burning. The principle of the machine is to bring both hot air + a heated mesh to the DMT to try to even out the heat. It's much safer than something like a crack pipe, which unevenly conducts the heat directly through thin glass and burns a lot of the DMT.

Should be possible to make the Machine work really well.

Now that I know we're talking about the same equipment, I have a few questions about the smoke you're getting, when you're just 2 inches away:

* Do you constantly stay at 2 inches distance the whole time?
* How fast does your vapor appear?
* How long do you wait from the vapor appearing, until you take the hit?
* Do you continue using the torch even while taking the hit, or do you pause the flame for a moment?
* Do you wait until there's loads of swirling vapor leaking out of every orifice of the machine, or do you continuously draw on it? (This is an interesting question since you say you can't taste any harshness: Continuous drawing has the benefit that it masks some of the harshness, because you get smaller amounts of the caustic-feeling smoke.)

Samadeus
#8 Posted : 8/22/2014 2:59:14 AM
wakeup wrote:
I wouldn't take mesh out when loading spice. Make sure u have a nice amount of mesh packed right. In the neck or machine. Dump your DMT in. Gently heat until it melts in.

Lots of people take out the mesh and load it before putting it in again. The whole idea of the machine is that the DMT is usually loaded on the inside (you seem to be doing the outside), so that when the DMT melt and runs downwards through the mesh, it just runs into more heat and vaporizes...

Are you just dumping some DMT into the the bottlecork-side of the bottle, onto the mesh, and melting it? That means your DMT will be facing towards the flame...

wakeup wrote:
5.5 inches though. I figured this might be the case b never tried. As with a bic I could never get anything unless I pulled flame into the mesh.

5.5 inches is most likely the reason it's not vaping very well even with a butane torch.

And yes, I share your opinion of the BIC method... it's terrible. BICs do nothing unless very close to the opening... and then if you bring them all the way up to the mesh things burn.

Al-Wasi
#9 Posted : 8/22/2014 3:04:11 AM
I heat it for a few seconds u til I see smoke appearing before I start sucking through the mouthpiece. I drag slow and I apply heat the whole time. As I said I hold the hit as long as possible and exhale then go right back to heat and dragging.

Its nice to know 5 inches and u get vapor. As I said a bic wouldn't produce vape unless I touched mesh with the flame. But with the torch a few inches away I get a lot of vapor quickly. And I'm trying to vape a whole 30mg dose in one hit and haven't been able too.

I'm about to take the plunge and get a gvg as soon as there in stock as from what I read here its so efficient you can save spice in the long run.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Samadeus
#10 Posted : 8/22/2014 3:18:22 AM
Thanks for the extra information! Getting some good ideas from you now.

Here's the initial version of a sketch now, which describes how to use the Machine.

EDIT: INFOGRAPHIC DELETED. UPDATED VERSION POSTED FURTHER BELOW!

Al-Wasi
#11 Posted : 8/22/2014 3:34:33 AM
If you premelt the DMT in there I don't think it matters what side you load it on as long as the flame isn't too close. If u premelt the DMT in it runs down and soaks the mesh. That way when u first start applying heat u have the pipe held angled down towards the flame so as it heats up and re liquifies it vaporizes as it runs towards the heat source.

This is why j say its easier to just load with mesh in machine. As long as you ore melt it in.

Personally I think people over complicate this. I did it too. Its pretty easy as long as you don't just cook the hell out of it. With the flame s few inches away its not burning. As I said I got advice from someone with way more experience then me and they said they always brought the torch flame right up to the opening in the machine and had zero issues.

Maybe I have leather lungs from smoking all my life. But ive only once every barely noticed irritation in my lungs. Never my throat and its never taste horrible as they say it does when u burn it. So I'm assuming all is well.

I think a lot of beginners don't realize how important holding your hits in is. You feel rushed to take all these hits. Your feeling weirder by the second after your first hit etc. But think like this. If its gonna take you 30mg to breakthrough and you properly vaporize but you only hold the hit in for five seconds cuz your wanting to take the nest hit or your feeling really weird. When you blow that but cloud out that's a ton of DMT that didn't absorb. So your 30mg dose just went to say 18.

I know my first attempt I used 50mg and didn't hold my hits that long as I was trying to get the three hits in fast. While I had profound effects. They didn't compare to next time with 25mg holding the hits in as long as possible. I actually thought that lower doses were just more edgy for a minute as the higher dose didn't mess with me as much. I rwkaize now I wasn't getting as far.

Al-Wasi
#12 Posted : 8/22/2014 3:39:25 AM
Nice infograohic. All I can add is that I personally just tip the machine on a angle downwards and heat until it just starts to smoke. I don't wait till its full of smoke. As soon as I see smoking a hold to my mouth still angled downwards heat two inches away and draw nice and slow while applying heat. I get big rush of vapor and hold it in. Then go back for more.

You'll hear the carrier wave getting more and more intense as you hold it. When you feel so odd you don't want more take another toke and hold it as long as you can until you forget what breathing is or your in another reality.

Nice thread I have to say as these questions troubled me at first as I felt with 50mg I should of broke through. Bic lighters just down cut it. Some swear by them though. Its all a matter of preference and technique. Once you get it down you'll be all set.

Samadeus
#13 Posted : 8/22/2014 3:51:31 AM
Did some more tests and I have to assume you're misjudging the distance when you are saying 2 inches (or even right up to the bottle opening). A butane torch burns at 1300 degrees celsius at the tip. DMT produces vapor at anywhere from 100 to 450 degrees celsius depending on who you ask. Putting a torch right up to the entrance will *instantly burn* most of the product into black ash particles, which is pretty much destroyed DMT and hurts your lungs like hell.

You might actually be closer to my 5.5 inches/14 cm without even realizing it.

I say this, because: Well... I loaded the DMT on the bottom (the opposite of what is shown in the infographic) and heated it with a bic lighter to melt it so it wouldnt fall out.

Then I took the butane torch and held it at about 4 inches distance... got loooooads of thick vapor. Drew in. Smoke was the usual plastic taste, not unpleasant.

Then thought about your post, brought it even closer to maybe 2 inches for the 2nd hit... Started drawing in, and INSTANTLY coughed. They were the billions of razors, right there again! And I will never again re-do the mistake of trying to hold such a burned hit. So I blew out the air (fucking horrible) from the bottle, then did the rest of the 20 milligrams using about 4-5 inches distance instead.

The results are basically in, and my Machine technique is practically ready, thanks to these final changes:

1. Put the DMT on the bottom and melt it in a bit. It vaporizes a little bit quicker when it's facing the flame, instead of being inside the mesh or on the opposite side of the mesh. It's also a quicker way of loading. Thanks for that tip!

2. Hold the flame at 4-5 inches distance. Never, ever, EVER put it to 2 inches (or worse: right up to the bottle...) or the DMT burns. Maintaining the proper distance is *extra* important when the DMT is loaded on the bottom/outside as described in point 2.

PS: For @wakeup - the reason you're not feeling much harshness despite your close distance, is either that you're not judging distance properly and are in fact holding it as far away as I am holding it, *or* your butane torch is not as hot as mine, *or* you've got some sort of smoker's lungs that aren't noticing that your DMT is burned. PS: Regardless of lighter temperature, a Butane torch will totally burn DMT if placed right against the mesh, so I doubt that either you or your friend are doing that.

Burned DMT tastes way different from vapor, and has much less effects.

Vapor: Tastes like plastic.
Burned: Tastes like someone is trying to kill your throat and lungs from inside, and anyone who holds that in will A) only get like 25-50% of the effects since most of the active compounds are burned to ashes, and B) will have pain for about a whole day after that, unless they've got scarred-over smoker's lungs or something...

Samadeus
#14 Posted : 8/22/2014 4:39:23 AM
Last comment for the night:

Did some more testing and found that 8 cm / 3.1 inches between the bottle and the tip of your lighter is a very good distance with lots of vapor and no burned spice. At that distance, I was able to keep heating it continuously and didn't taste any of the ninjas with knives (burning smoke).

Here's an updated infographic which includes everything.

It was just rapidly drawn using my laptop's trackpad, so excuse the sloppy drawing. I just wanted to collect all information in one picture which can help other people in the future.
Samadeus attached the following image(s):
Machine.png (251kb) downloaded 308 time(s).

Samadeus
#15 Posted : 8/22/2014 11:50:14 PM
Plans have changed for tonight, but I'll be back with more experimentation results, possibly tomorrow.

I want this thread to be the definitive "how to use the Machine" thread, in order to help other travelers. If anyone has any more tips to add to the illustration in the previous post, just let me know and I'll update it.

Samadeus
#16 Posted : 8/26/2014 9:30:26 AM
The technique worked perfectly.

Enjoy the infographic... and have fun in your own travels, everyone!

~ Goodbye.

tonyx3
#17 Posted : 8/28/2014 12:39:19 AM
Nice info graphic... I was always wondering the appropriate distance to put the lighter. But I still feel like a crackhead using it. It throws off my mental state so I don't like it. I prefer smoking dmt infused plant material or changa out of a bong. It feels more earthy and natural so it doesn't feel like I'm taking a dirty drug like meth or crack. Plus, it's way easier and doesn't require any technique at all Smile Good luck with your machine though Thumbs up

Nadja
#18 Posted : 8/30/2014 12:37:36 AM
I can't view attachments yet. Can someone post that graphic on imgur?

PsychoFraggle
#19 Posted : 8/30/2014 12:49:20 AM
Ok, I want to check this out now, cause my problem with the machine was all the time, that it only start to vapo if I start to hit the first.

I have copperwool and a little glas bong with a big glas head and i used it without the chillum in, I put the copperwool in the glashead and the head directly on the neck of the bong.

I think a make picture of this and you can see what I mean.

Ok, now I wil try this again and hope we see us in the Hyperspace

PsychoFraggle
#20 Posted : 8/30/2014 12:54:11 AM
Here are Some puc's of my machine.... If anybody have an idea to make it better?
PsychoFraggle attached the following image(s):
2014-08-30 01.54.36.jpg (1,538kb) downloaded 197 time(s).
2014-08-30 01.55.46.jpg (1,531kb) downloaded 198 time(s).
2014-08-30 01.57.22.jpg (1,383kb) downloaded 196 time(s).

12NEXT