We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
vaporizing salvia.. Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 1/6/2013 4:30:31 PM
I read a report that salvia divinorum leaves can be vaporized in a cheap vaporizer similar the [dragonlite].. IF LEAVES ARE FINELY POWDERED....
It seems that finley powdered leaves would be easier to vaporize...

Has anyone tryed this yet?

Global
Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports
#2 Posted : 1/6/2013 4:32:26 PM
I haven't done that, but my only recommendation to you is make sure your vaporizer is as hot as it can go, cause salvia requires quite the heat.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

rOm
#3 Posted : 1/6/2013 6:00:50 PM
I did have success with vaporizing, and now I use between 5X or 10X salvia enhanced leaves, in GVG. The GVG with a torch lighter can go hot enough for salvinorin vaporization.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ObsidianKnife
#4 Posted : 1/6/2013 9:49:25 PM
Call me superstitious, but I would use a pipe dedicated solely for Salvia. Same goes for Sacred Spice. May have something to do with honouring the Spirit of the plant, with some people.
Peace

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 1/6/2013 11:12:24 PM
ObsidianKnife wrote:
Call me superstitious, but I would use a pipe dedicated solely for Salvia. Same goes for Sacred Spice. May have something to do with honouring the Spirit of the plant, with some people.

what do you use when you wish to mix spirits?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Michal_R
#6 Posted : 1/6/2013 11:18:11 PM
I know this os off-topic, but I recommend CHEWING (as opposed to smoking) Salvia... I don´t mean to preach here, but quidding Salvia (not smoking) has been the traditional entheogenic use of Salvia...

starway6
#7 Posted : 1/7/2013 1:24:41 AM
Michal_R wrote:
I know this os off-topic, but I recommend CHEWING (as opposed to smoking) Salvia... I don´t mean to preach here, but quidding Salvia (not smoking) has been the traditional entheogenic use of Salvia...

I want to learn to quid or chew salvia but so far i doesnt feel as strong as smoking even plain salvia d.leaves?
How strong can the chewing method get for you ..compairing to smoking leaves?

I also want to add...i tryed some pretty finely choped up salvia today in my dragon lite vaporizer...
I was able to get some vapor or light smoke comming out and took it in several times and did get an effect..
It made me feel [very relaxed] and a little spacey but i didnt notice much visuals?
Maybe it needs to be powder fine?

The ..[dragonlite pocket vaporizer].. will get hot enough to burn pot but i dont want to burn it...
I know smoking pot with the vaporizer i have makes it a weaker effect experiance compaired to smoking it..so maybe it works that way with salvia?
I would like to have a ..[volcano vape].. but its price is insane...

Michal_R
#8 Posted : 1/7/2013 8:42:13 AM
starway6 wrote:
I was able to get some vapor or light smoke comming out and took it in several times and did get an effect..

Don´t forget that Salvinorin requires very high temperature to be vaporized. Something like direct contact with 1000˚C torch lighter flame. The vapor gets very hot, so it is advisable to use something like ice cold water bong.

starway6 wrote:
...I want to learn to quid or chew salvia but so far i doesnt feel as strong as smoking even plain salvia d.leaves?

Salvia can get very strong even when quidded, but it is more "navigable" and "gentle" this way. However, as with smoking, proper technique is required here. Chew for 20 minutes, keep saliva in mouth (under the tongue/in cheeks) and don´t swallow it. Lie down in silent darkness... and observe Shocked (I personally started with 4 or 6 plain, mid-sized leafs, and got decent results).

If you get this right, you will get results. Trust me Smile

gibran2
Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member
#9 Posted : 1/7/2013 12:53:04 PM
Michal_R wrote:
starway6 wrote:

Don´t forget that Salvinorin requires very high temperature to be vaporized. Something like direct contact with 1000˚C torch lighter flame. The vapor gets very hot, so it is advisable to use something like ice cold water bong.

If I remember correctly, the vaporization temperature of Salvinorin A is somewhere around 500-600°F. I have vaporized Salvinorin A in a GVG, and it certainly doesn’t approach anywhere near 1000°C in the GVG chamber.

Please provide a source.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Michal_R
#10 Posted : 1/7/2013 1:08:42 PM
gibran2 wrote:
If I remember correctly, the vaporization temperature of Salvinorin A is somewhere around 500-600°F...

Yes, you are right, Gibran.

gibran2 wrote:
I have vaporized Salvinorin A in a GVG, and it certainly doesn’t approach anywhere near 1000°C in the GVG chamber.

Please provide a source.

I am sorry if my previous post sounded like providing incorrect information. In sentence "...something like direct contact with 1000˚C torch lighter flame..." I wasn´t refering to the vaporization temperature of Salvinorin A. I was refering to the blue light torch lighter that I personally use, and which supposedly provides flame over 1000°C/F...

Michal_R
#11 Posted : 1/7/2013 1:12:14 PM
I personally never tried Salvia in my GVG Embarrased I somehow expected that I wouldn´t be able to make the chamber warm enough to vaporize Salvinorin.

gibran2 wrote:
...I have vaporized Salvinorin A in a GVG...

Have you vaporized plain leafs, or some extract?

gibran2
#12 Posted : 1/7/2013 1:34:24 PM
Michal_R wrote:

Pure Salvinorin A.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

starway6
#13 Posted : 1/7/2013 4:20:19 PM
gibran2 wrote:
Michal_R wrote:

Pure Salvinorin A.

Pure salvinorin A ...!
You must have had a way to dose it corectly ..
How much [pure Salvinorin].. is an average safe dose?

Vodsel
Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine
#14 Posted : 1/7/2013 5:14:56 PM
Recently I replied to another thread with a 240ºC temperature (I found reports of people claiming to get good effects with 250ºC degrees in a vaporizer), but that is about the melting point for salvinorin A, while the actual boiling point is 762ºC... As per vaporizing salvia leaf, Daniel Siebert suggests
:

Daniel Siebert wrote:
The ideal air-stream temperature for vaporization is approximately 277° C (530° F.)

which is I guess as high as you can go without starting to risk combustion.

gibran2
#15 Posted : 1/7/2013 7:04:29 PM
starway6 wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
Michal_R wrote:

Pure Salvinorin A.

Pure salvinorin A ...!
You must have had a way to dose it corectly ..
How much [pure Salvinorin].. is an average safe dose?

A moderately strong dose is about 1mg.

I weighed 8 or 16mg (can’t remember which), then divided in half until I was left with about 1mg.

starway6
#16 Posted : 2/24/2013 1:49:27 AM
I just tryed a pinch of 7x salvia in my portable battery operated [dragonlite] today and got the strongest results yet!
It was so much easier on my lungs..
I felt a moderatly strong and clear ..[salvia head space].. and it made me VERY RELAXED!
I felt as though i was in a light trance and spacey but not as strong as smoking it..
It was a gentle effect but stronger than quiding in my experiance..