We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
advice needed from experienced members.. please! Options

manorpv
#1 Posted : 9/23/2010 3:33:34 AM
I am almost 40 yrs. old and the first time I saw/heard about DMT was a Tool song. That was no more than two yrs. ago. I have always been fascinated with brain chemistry and the inner workings of the mind. I have practiced meditation but very modestly. I am aware of and believe in the power of thought. I've always felt as thought we are all connected somehow and the connection is "God". I feel that God is not what has been described in the Bible or religion but is an Omnipotent, intelligent energy that is the source of life, thought, ideas, dreams, knowledge, wisdom, infinite possibility, love and understanding.

I have read many books over the years that have strengthened my conviction for how I feel. I'm reading a book now titled DMT The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman. I am only at chapter 6 of 22 and already I am Blown Away.

Since I can remember I have always had a strong desire to Know, to attain Knowledge and Truth. The world is full of contradiction. I feel like I have let myself be conditioned or maybe conditioned myself to the point that I'm almost incapable of having a perspective on anything without one or more additional perspectives. I see from various angles but almost always a direct opposite perspective lurks. I need to Know... know how much of what I feel and know or think I know, as Joe Rogan put it, belongs in the file named "my old bullshit"

I do know unequivocally that what I decide to do i.e. moving forward with plans to use DMT or not, is my decision to make for myself alone. However I think it would be arrogant and reckless of me to not explore and consider as much insight and first hand knowledge as is prudent.

This is where, anyone that reads this post and feels as though they want to share some acumen, come in.

I realize that I'm rambling but before I end I want to reiterate how much I would appreciate any feedback..thank you..!
"We do not possess imagination enough to sense what we are missing" -Jean Toomer

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 9/23/2010 4:36:11 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Let me first say that with DMT itself I still have very, very little experience. I have drank Ayahuasca twice, and the DMT portion of my brew only worked the second time. It was, however, incredible.. Painful. Scary. Beautiful. My report is in this forum if you'd like to read it.. something like "ayahuasca experiment #2 - uh, yeah, it worked this time"

With that said:

I do have quite a bit of experience with other psychedelics, mainly LSD, Mushrooms, Ibogaine, and Mescaline. While DMT is definitely much stronger than those, and a creature of a very different nature.. They all share similar spiritual properties in my opinions.

I can relate to much of what you said, like your feelings about 'god', and an ongoing search for truth, and answers to the timeless questions. I don't feel it would be right of me to suggest a course of action, although my initial reaction is to urge you to continue your research, be diligent, and above all be as safe as possible, and if you still feel the call, continue on your path to trying DMT. (Above all do your research and be careful) But I think the best I can do is relate some of my personal experiences.

I'm pressed for time at the moment, but still want to share with you, so allow me to condense.

I was raised christian, until - as i like to say - I learned to think for myself. Then for a long time I was as devout as an Athiest can be. After my first experience with LSD, atheism was no longer even an option for me. How can you not believe in "god" when you're face to face with 'it'?

That began my spiritual quest. I began reading all I could. Starting mainly with Eastern ideologies like Buddhism and Taoism, and working my way to more modern thinkers and philosophers from Nietzsche to Dennett. But it seems I've gathered most of my current beliefs and ideas from my own life experiences, and the most profound changes have usually come with the help of a psychedelic catalyst.

Psychedelic drugs don't provide answers, but they are great, amazingly complex tools, that help us find the answers that are already there. You sound like a thinker, as are most of the people here. And personally, I am so utterly enthralled at what psychedelics are capable of doing. There is literally no end to my curiosity. I believe they are teachers of the highest order. They are teachers, and I am just a baby in my learning still. A very grateful, curious baby.

What I will end with is that psychedelics have had a profoundly positive impact on almost every area of my life. LSD woke me up to a power greater than myself. Ibogaine helped me to free myself from IV heroin addiction. MDMA taught me the value of human connection. And DMT, well, a few nights ago DMT taught me that I am still very afraid of death, and therefore very grateful for everything this life has to offer, whatever this 'live' really is. But all these insights would be worthless without a solid foundation upon which to place them. So while I think you sound like someone who could benefit from safe experimentation, I urge you to remember that these tools are like fingers pointing at the moon. If you stare at the finger, you can't see the moon. And if you get too caught up in the substances themselves, without a firm ground to stand on, in reality and in your own mind, the negatives could outweigh the positives.

Please remember though, I'm not a doctor nor a professional of any sort. These are just my experiences and opinions. Know yourself, know your body, and continue your research until you feel comfortable making the best decision for yourself.

And really, again, thank you for sharing!
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Ice House
Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing
#3 Posted : 9/23/2010 4:49:16 AM
It sounds like you have already made the decision to start down that path. Your story, though it is unique because its yours, is very similar to many of us here at the Nexus. Dont be in a hurry and dont force anything to happen. While your gathering your supplies do your research. Read the FAQs over and over. Familliarize yourself with the Wiki. Research the extraction Tek you want to use. Know the Tek inside and out before you attempt to do it. You should be able to visualize it and do it in your head. So many out there just start an extraction without knowing what they are doing and get stuck. Then they start asking allot of very basic questions and its obvious that they dont know WTF they are doing. When this happens, the more experienced members are less willing to help. Care enough about this major step that you are about to take to familliarize yourself with what it is your doing.

DMT is not the answer to your questions though it may answer a few.

Once you really experience it, DMT will leave you with more questions about everything than you ever thought you could have. Most of those new questions will never be answered.

Good luck

ih

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ellis D'Empty
#4 Posted : 9/23/2010 5:04:21 AM
I've only had experience with DMT twice... each sub-par to any breakthrough.

As I don't "quite" get what your asking for help for? I can't really answer any question which you didn't ask. (And if you did I'm sorry, but after about 4 lines of text I kinda just skim through the rest unless it's in proper format) I will say this though; Do not underestimate the spice (I actually underestimated it, but for me I loved it, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for, and I've only done it twice). Take care in your extraction attempts because its YOU that will suffer if you don't do it right (don't let this scare you as the extraction really isn't THAT hard).

Good luck on your endeavors and I wish you well. Also, welcome to these glorious forums.

BTW: I also have the very same mindset as you portray, so I imagine we are similar, which makes me believe that the spice will be exactly what you are looking for. Ice House says it won't answer your questions, I disagree, I believe it will answer your questions while bringing new questions to light.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Ice House
Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing
#5 Posted : 9/23/2010 5:09:35 AM
Ice House wrote:

DMT is not the answer to your questions though it may answer a few.

Once you really experience it, DMT will leave you with more questions about everything than you ever thought you could have. Most of those new questions will never be answered.

Good luck

ih

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

pau
#6 Posted : 9/23/2010 5:13:55 AM
40 yr old youngster, eh? But then, you obviously knew what was going on when you were a kid. So welcome back to the rest of your life!

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown

Now you've got that feeling once again,
Welcome to the Machine, Manorpv!
WHOA!

Rivea
Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman
#7 Posted : 9/23/2010 6:51:38 AM
Best wishes in your quest. Each journey I take amazes me in a different way each time.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Apoc
#8 Posted : 9/23/2010 7:19:21 AM
lol. You don't seem to be asking for any advice at all, you just seem to be excited about trying it out. Ah.... the memories of getting my first batch of mimosa. So much excitement and anticipation. Just like the first time being with a lover. Then it happens and you just lay there smiling. It wasn't really what you thought it would be like.... and yet somehow so much more satisfying than you ever thought it could be. All that anticipation gets released and you just let yourself go and enjoy the experience.

My only advice is to start off dosing low. You might be surprised at how hard your ass could get kicked from 30mg.

Bill Cipher
#9 Posted : 9/23/2010 7:56:09 AM
Well, it sounds like you are on a path. Keep doing what you're doing and read, read, read, read, read. Build a context around this thing you are about to jump into. It ain't anything you think it's going to be, but it will rock you right to the core.

digital_phreedom wrote:
I urge you to remember that these tools are like fingers pointing at the moon. If you stare at the finger, you can't see the moon. And if you get too caught up in the substances themselves, without a firm ground to stand on, in reality and in your own mind, the negatives could outweigh the positives.

Great advice. Take it to heart.

Ice House wrote:
Read the FAQs over and over. Familliarize yourself with the Wiki. Research the extraction Tek you want to use. Know the Tek inside and out before you attempt to do it. You should be able to visualize it and do it in your head.

That one as well. Respect the process at every level.

Apoc wrote:
My only advice is to start off dosing low. You might be surprised at how hard your ass could get kicked from 30mg.

And again. You're gettin' some gems here. Very solid advice.

The Beatles, as stolen from Timothy Leary wrote:
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream...

And you will be just fine, I promise. Laughing

KwisatzHaderach
#10 Posted : 9/23/2010 9:59:19 AM
pau wrote:

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown

Now you've got that feeling once again,
Welcome to the Machine, Manorpv!

Wow you just blew my mind with how you related the lyrics within lyrics to this man's story.

And Manorpv, from your post it sounds like you've already chosen the path. Now just to set your feet on it. Always keep pursuing knowledge my friend.

thankyou
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:12:22 AM
Quote:
I urge you to remember that these tools are like fingers pointing at the moon. If you stare at the finger, you can't see the moon. And if you get too caught up in the substances themselves, without a firm ground to stand on, in reality and in your own mind, the negatives could outweigh the positives.

Best advise. The map is not the territory. The tool is not the path.
Better don't start looking for breakthrough experiences. What you take away from your experience is most important.