We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Breakthrough on Psilocybin Options

TJ-DMT
#1 Posted : 1/17/2024 6:49:26 PM
Breakthrough on Psilocybin

I have some questions I hope some experienced users can help answer some questions, clarify/correct my assumptions and possibly even offer advice. So here we go..

(Short version due to limited time to put this together on mobile interface)
So I am fairly new to experiencing psychedelics even though I have been doing personal research on them for years. I’ve been on a quest to acquire DMT for years with no luck. I managed to acquire mushrooms which is what I have been experimenting with in the meantime a handful of times over the past 5 months. I average about 6-8 grams per ceremony.

This one particular time I had new batch from a new source and I took 7 grams. Probably within 30 mins I had a breakthrough experience which I didn't realize was possible with psilocybin. I started researching more and found one report from someone with a similar experience. During my research is when I found out DMT is present in Psilocybin. But I figured there is no way what I experienced was any form of DMT because from what I understand, DMT consumed orally needs a MAOi to activate. So I started to search MAOi interactions with Psilocybin and learned about ‘Psilohuasca’ which can induce DMT trips.

Firstly, I assume what I experienced was non-DMT related considering the circumstances. Are breakthroughs on psilocybin common?

Secondly, Has anyone experimented with an MAOi with Psilocybin? Is there a recommended dose/ratio of MAOi to Psilocybin? Would the MAOi in capsule form suffice or does it typically have to be consumed a certain way, such as a tea? Is Lion’s Mane an effective MAOi?

Thank You in advance for any feedback.

Edit: Psilocin is the active tryptamine alkaloid, not psilocybin.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 1/17/2024 9:44:46 PM
Welcome TJ-DMT.

To first answer your second question: yes, i and many other people have taken combinations of MAOI's and psilocin. The shroom-caapi combo does not differ that much from ayahuasca with DMT. I would say that the differences are so small even that they could just as well be the result of a sort of placebo-effect. Expectations do affect the experience.

In combination with psychedelic tryptamines, i personally prefer caapi over rue because rue tends to alter the effect of tryptamines in a much less subtle way than caapi does. With caapi you do still have very much a DMT or shroom experience, while with rue it becomes much more a rue experience that is altered by the effects of DMT or shrooms.

You can take caapi, rue or other MAOI's in many different ways. Some people make brews with caapi and DMT in it, but other people prefer to take caapi and DMT separately. With shrooms it matters even less how you take it because you don't need the caapi to activate the shrooms.

The first question is more difficult to answer because breakthrough is more a gradual than a very precise term. It is definately possible to have breakthrough experiences with mushrooms. With some of the stronger species it is not that uncommon, even. It tends to be less intense than vaporized DMT though, but that is actually not realy a bad thing because it makes the whole experience easier to undergo, remember and integrate.

And you probably agree with me that when you're experience a shroom breakthrough, it is an experience that is far from lacking in intensity.

acacian
#3 Posted : 1/20/2024 8:48:19 PM
Hey TJ-DMT,

Yes breakthrough is absolutely possible on psilocybin at the right dose.. and it is bloody intense!

It is after all, structurally very closely related to DMT. High doses have some distinct similarities to DMT visuals and at times are almost indistinguishable in character .. though I find that DMT is a cleaner and more enjoyable route to that place. Breaking through on psilocybin is much more of a risky undertake than smoking DMT imo.. that’s quite a while to be immersed in such a powerful experience. DMT let’s you dip your toes for 5 mins and then come back.. if you like it you can go back in. The idea of using psilocybin as my breakthrough vehicle these days kinda gives me the heebie jeebies

I would question the logic behind using an MAOI to get yourself closer to break through.. why not just take more psilocybin? It is essentially orally active DMT as is. Caapi/rue are used with DMT because it isn’t orally active (of course for synergy as well but that’s another thing).. with psilocybin you have the advantage of it already being orally active.. so I would say you’d probably be better off just increasing your dose of psilocybin to go deeper, rather than adding another psychoactive compound into the mix.. especially one that can be potentially nauseating and have other complications. I think if possible keeping your experience to the one compound will be a cleaner/more crystaline ezperience. A lot of people find psilocybin with MAOI too much.

Of course if you are genuinely interested in the synergy then go for it.. but if you want the psilocybin to be stronger then take more psilocybin .. or you could always extract your own DMT which is very easy.