We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Collaborate with experts in the field of iboga Options

seeker901
#1 Posted : 1/16/2024 8:33:34 AM
Hello dear friends
I'm posting here because I haven't been given premium access to post in other sections yet
I have been working in the field of iboga addiction treatment for two years, and obviously considering that there are no ibogaine addiction treatment clinics in our country and due to the challenging conditions of the flood dose, we are allowed to use our protocols based on the average dose. adjust That is, for example, the use of 20 grams of iboga root in four days (an average of 5 grams of iboga root per day), considering that these 5 grams are not used all at once, hallucinogens and severe conditions do not occur near the flood dose. . Depending on the time of drug withdrawal, hangover symptoms may be present until the third day, and even the first day or two may be very severe. But there are gray days or days anyway.

In this protocol, we tried for the patient to use supplements such as magnesium, calcium and group B vitamins, which is all after confirming the heart conditions, but still there are challenges that I would appreciate people who have experience in this field. help us

1- For insomnia, we usually recommend using melatonin, but I noticed that in some ibogaine treatment centers, they prescribe benzodiazepine drugs for the patient. Can we tell the patient to use benzodiazepine during these four nights and there will be a gap in the treatment process? not come

2- Ibogaine reduces the heart rate, is it okay to use ibogaine at the same time with myrrh gum, which causes the heart rate to increase? Can there be an interference?

3- In a few days of treatment, the patient may have severe nausea, and we know that the use of nausea drugs can cause cardiac arrhythmia, what is your solution for this?

4- In some cases, ibogaine is used simultaneously with methadone to reduce methadone consumption. How do you think this issue should be handled?

Finally, I would be grateful if you have any solutions, answers or suggestions regarding the improvement of our protocol

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 1/16/2024 10:05:01 AM
I wish I had more time to get stuck into a better reply.

We all know that with Iboga there is a potential interaction that it could block potassium channels on the heart cause prolong QT intervals and cause potentially dangerous arrhythmias, which is why this drug should really be used with caution.

Now don't get me wrong but I don't like the idea of a big pharma kind of situation controlling any 'safe' psychedelic drug but this is one drug i feel should be restricted to a skilled/ qualified clinical setting (even if it was to say be an independent clinic). In-case of worst case.

Having said that, for someone who has been working in the 'Iboga field' for two years it doesn't fill me with confidence that you are a skilled clinician that could help a patient if something was to wrong, as you are asking the internet for answers to questions someone in the 'field of iboga'(?) should know. Addicts aren't exact known for there good health and lifestyle choices many addictive drugs are linked to cardiac issues. Which is why i feel with something like Iboga and addicts it is so important to be doing in a clinical setting for medically trained professionals. These are peoples lives you could be putting at risk. (Yes I understand the irony there).

As for countering potential cardiac issues with magnesium, calcium, vitamin B, hERG channel activators are what you'd want to use and they are not that well studied in humans and many compounds like matrine and carbachol come with a whole another set of interactions, issues and dangerous side effects.

Maybe leave Iboga for properly equipped clinics/ clinicians.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

seeker901
#3 Posted : 1/17/2024 11:06:24 AM
Thank you for your answer

I am fully aware of all the things you mentioned. But you have to consider the geographical conditions and other things relative to the country where we live. Due to legal restrictions, there are no clinical treatment conditions and almost 99% of people cannot afford plane tickets to travel to another country for ibogaine treatment. As a result, many people prepare iboga and ibogaine and self-medicate.

Considering these conditions, isn't it better to reduce its risks by at least increasing information and informing? I am definitely not talking about flood doses and high doses. I mean microdoses and medium doses.