We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Machine: How good is it really? Options

oversoul1919
#21 Posted : 8/30/2014 2:39:03 AM
Since I have some experience with machine: here are my tips:

Put your spice in the middle of the mesh if you can. That way, it will be harder for it to escape from the flame to wall of the bottle.

If you're using a Bic, you can even touch the mesh, and you probably won't burn the spice. With butane torch, flame and temperature control is easier, but it is tricky to find the right distance. It is easier to burn the spice if you get too close.

Check if your mesh is not too big. This was the problem with my first attempt ever to smoalk DMT. If your mesh is too large, and your DMT is on top of your mesh, it can be impossible to reach the temperature high enough for vaporization.

Machine, to me, has to be one of the best ways to smoalk DMT. Still have to try GVG, but so far, I love my Machine. And I've heard of people who like it so much they're sticking with it forever.

Peace and love.
Smile

Nadja
#22 Posted : 8/31/2014 5:34:17 PM
I can finally see the picture! I put it on imgur for other people:

Nadja
#23 Posted : 8/31/2014 5:35:58 PM
PsychoFraggle: It looks good but maybe too big and clumsy to handle? I can't judge from your hand size. Your machine should be a small pipe so that you can keep breathing vapors continuously instead of air. You may want to make a cheap one from a bottle. I made this one: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=471890 Especially if you drop it. Your regular bong would break and would make you very sad. But it doesn't matter if a cheap $1 bottle breaks. Laughing

Sandgrease
#24 Posted : 9/7/2014 7:18:01 PM
I use a mini Henny bottle with a few steel screens for the Vapir NO2 vaporizer stscked and stuffed into the neck. I guess you could use regular steel pipe screens but the vapir ones are perfect size. I just drop the spice onto the stack of screens and keep the bottle pointed upwords and take my bic and slowly creep the flame closer and closer to the bottle neck while inhaling untill I see vapor/smoke.

Stacked steel screens in the bottle neck works better than mesh for me. Steel also has a higher vaporization temp than copper.

twofourtwo
#25 Posted : 9/7/2014 7:31:00 PM
I've put a screen in the cap of the bottle. I use bic lighters and it seems to help prevent burning the dmt.
twofourtwo attached the following image(s):
machine.jpg (53kb) downloaded 131 time(s).

Nadja
#26 Posted : 9/9/2014 3:55:52 AM
twofourtwo wrote:
I've put a screen in the cap of the bottle. I use bic lighters and it seems to help prevent burning the dmt.

Most of the vaporization actually comes from hot air rising from the lighter and passing through the bottle.

Your screen absorbs a little bit of that heat, and acts as a heatsink and a radiator which evens out the heating of the bottle.

It's pretty overkill, though, since you've actually already got a heatsink: The steel/copper mesh that you've placed the DMT on is a heatsink and radiator.

Your extra screen actually makes it harder to heat everything, by pre-absorbing some of the incoming heat. This of course also makes it harder to overheat things, since the lighter has to be brought closer to achieve vaporization.

An extra screen like this could therefore be useful for people who have a habit of bringing the lighter too close and burning things.

Thanks for the tip and for sharing nice images!

Love and light. Smile

PREV12