We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lump in my throat disturbing my journey... Options

reuben1804
#1 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:31:30 AM
Does anyone else get a kind of a small lump in your throat after smoking, as if you've got something stuck??

I am kind of guessing that it is impurities/oils that have solidified??

gammagore
#2 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:44:59 AM
I used to get all sorts of funny sensations in my mouth, feelings like lumps or small bits of DMT. This was only when I used my crack style pipe. My guess is that I was burning my spice.

reuben1804
#3 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:57:07 AM
what do you use now? I'm really trying to find my preffered smoking method...

gammagore
#4 Posted : 9/23/2010 11:03:28 AM
I use a bong or a GVG, most likely Changa will be involved on all journeys. On the odd ocassion il use FB in the GVG.

Not to harp on about it, but seriously, enhance some leaf and smoke it out of a bong if no GVG/VG is available.

reuben1804
#5 Posted : 9/23/2010 12:42:16 PM
where about coan u find info on enhancing on here? thanks Smile

gammagore
#6 Posted : 9/23/2010 12:49:46 PM
^^click on my signatureSmile

Global
Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports
#7 Posted : 9/23/2010 1:46:30 PM
I've gotten that throat thing a couple times, and it definitely serves as a huge distraction throughout the journey. I think I would get it if I coughed and mucus would be in the back of my throat, only I would perceive it as something much more uncomfortable.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Eden
#8 Posted : 9/23/2010 1:58:33 PM

jbark
#9 Posted : 9/23/2010 2:08:21 PM
I have experiencedthe lump phenomenon on a particularly harrowing aya journey, after purging quite violently. I was sure i had something caught in my throat,but try as i might,i could not dislodge it. Anyone familiar with psychedelics is also familiar with the feeling of dying whithin a trip, but this was of a wholeother order;ifelt that there was physiological evidence that my bucket was being kicked, or at the very least wouldbe if i gave in to the trip. I wanted nothing more than to lie down and melt into the trip, but felt certain the lump in my throatwouldprevent me from breathing and that i wouldbe too far gone to prevent my own death.i foughtand foughtthroughout the trip. Maybe the worst experience of my life... I wonder if this lump is something that occurs sometimes in some people after consuming DMT...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

gratefulfloyd
#10 Posted : 9/23/2010 7:51:58 PM
gammagore wrote:
Not to harp on about it, but seriously, enhance some leaf and smoke it out of a bong if no GVG/VG is available.

Harp on brother, you were the first person I saw avidly promoting enhanced leaf and changa on here, and after making some myself I believe it is the best way to go. Enhanced Leaf ends up wasting a lot less spice out of a bong then just taking a bong hit of FB. You truly changed the way I experience hyperspace, in a good way.

The Plaid
#11 Posted : 9/24/2010 1:18:18 AM
I've never encountered the lump phenomenon, but the second time that I smoked spice (I eyeballed it, which is ridiculous because I have no idea what 30ish milligrams even looks like; moreover, I burnt the piss out of it) I had a digital memory lodge itself in my bottom lip for over a month. Somewhere between numb and vibration is how it felt. I loved it and was sad when it finally faded; I was hoping that it was glossolalia hanging around because it liked me so much.
Prepare your sleep apparatus. Increase the dosage; count back from ten...

BananaForeskin
#12 Posted : 9/24/2010 9:12:25 AM
I know what you mean, and it can be disturbing, but it was always (pretty damn sure!) burnt spice in the bong. Several times there was the feeling like I'd inhaled a ball of burning ice, all the way into my lung, where it lived (and I could see it). Quite distracting, but an interesting experience in and of itself.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ