We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lotus Position Options

gratefulfloyd
#1 Posted : 9/19/2010 6:11:00 PM
So last night I when I was making a few journeys in to hyperspace I noticed that I find it very comfortable to sit lotus position, for awhile I thought about how on half of my voyages I find it to the most comfortable position to be in. I have no practice with formal meditation or with Hindhu and Buddhist meditation. I was just wondering if there is some deeper meaning behind this? Do other people feel the urge to sit lotus? or find that they enjoy experiences much more in lotus?

Enoon
Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking
#2 Posted : 9/20/2010 12:32:49 AM
I don't know the significance of it, but I tend to sit in lotus as well. It kind of just happens without even thinking about it.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

gratefulfloyd
#3 Posted : 9/20/2010 3:56:14 AM
Me too, all of the sudden my legs will just be in the lotus position without me consiciously thinking about it

The_Shaman
#4 Posted : 9/20/2010 5:41:42 AM
Yeah I almost always end up there as well, or sitting up ,crossed legged in bed at least.

a few days ago I came back down and was still in perfect lotus on my bed with hands outward, as I became aware , I noticed I had a wide open mouth and a look of "shock and awe" frozen on my face.

was kinda funny.
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

KwisatzHaderach
#5 Posted : 9/20/2010 7:35:08 AM
The lotus position is great! It aligns your spine and chakras, which steadies the body allowing the mind the to concentrate more fully aware of the inward.

yes The_Shaman! I know that look! Very happy

thankyou
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

#6 Posted : 9/20/2010 9:01:50 AM
being older and less flexible than you youngsters, I can only manage half lotus comfortably Smile But every journey is preceded by 20 - 30 minutes of yoga, which makes me feel more balanced and focused. I was instructed to do this by entities Within. Who am I to argue ;D
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

shoe
#7 Posted : 9/20/2010 2:47:39 PM
I would definitely encourage the meditative positions while hyperspacing! progress in life, release from issues as well as physical stresses can be achieved by meditation and dmt!! much work can be accomplished by listening to your body's signals, and even more can be accomplished with subtle shifting of those movements, and creative visualisation!

shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 9/21/2010 1:47:23 AM
Yoga, meditation and psychedelics are my holy trinity.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

dreamer042
Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless
#9 Posted : 9/21/2010 2:33:22 AM
It is said that DMT activates and unleashes the Kundalini energy stored in the bottom chakra at the base of the spine, when this happens the energy is shot up through the spine and out the crown chakra at the top of the head, in the process opening and and activating all the chakras in between and sending the consciousness out into the higher realms along with the energy. Sitting in Lotus with the back straight allows this energy flow to happen unimpeded. Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

ragabr
#10 Posted : 9/21/2010 5:47:37 PM
SWIM usually takes half-lotus before flying. For a long time she would lay down after vaping, but it seemed much more involved, whereas, with lotus she's stable enough to stay the way.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

hyperspacing
#11 Posted : 9/21/2010 6:10:14 PM
I usually meditate before a session. So most of the time I'm already in a lotus position or sitting cross legged. I've enjoyed it immensely. I don't know why but laying flat is odd for me when blasting off.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Malaclypse
#12 Posted : 9/21/2010 6:55:01 PM
Man you are all some flexible people Smile I have never been able to come even close to full lotus before. Though I really should stretch more than I do.